Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: So ladies, what races are you training for? [mohole15] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
mohole15 wrote:
PM me and I can let you know where everyone rides out here in Las Vegas.

Let me know what part of town you'll be in.

jason

This is why I love Slowtwitch-looking for apartment now in Summerlin area-will PM soon. Definitely want to know where to ride.

PM sent.
Thanks again.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Last edited by: SallyShortyPnts: Jun 6, 11 11:02
Quote Reply
Re: So ladies, what races are you training for? [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You should also contact NateC on Slowtwitch. He's a good friend of mine who lives up near where your looking to live. He's also a pretty darned good cyclist.

You have the beautiful Red Rock conservation area not far from you. The Red Rock Loop is an amazing 13 mile ride LOTS of tough climbing in the first five miles.

If you're feeling adventuous, you can ride past the loop along HY 159 all the way down to HY 160. It's a screamingly fast 30 mile round-trip ride.

Once you hit HWY160, you can take a left and you can ride up to the top of Mt Potosi (10 mile of uphill that gets steeper as you go).

It's just REALLY far from Lake Mead (45 minutes). Most of the people on the West side will ride the Red Rock loop. I know there's a good pool out there (NateC would know better), but I live right by the airport.

Jason

PS - Welcome to town - A lot of people on St shit on Vegas, but they don't understand that locals don't spend time on the strip or gamble - even though it's readily available. You can train all year long. I have been in Lake mead swimmming bouys every month of the year with only a sleevelss suit (yes, the water's cold December - April, but never so cold I couldn't get in a mile).

It's a dry heat!
Quote Reply
Re: So ladies, what races are you training for? [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm coming to visit!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: So ladies, what races are you training for? [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mi casa ist su casa EXCEPT I don't have a casa yet ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Red Rock rocks! Besides the 13 mile road loop there is great trail running.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
was just in vegas last fall and if I could ride the red rock loop every day I would be in heaven. vegas has great riding, I was very surprised. tons of cyclists there too.
training for a few local sprints, racine 70.3 and kona.
Quote Reply
Re: So ladies, what races are you training for? [asrc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad to see more of you guys attempting some Xterra races!

here is my tentative schedule for the rest of the season:

July 1-3 Furious 3 (3 day mountain bike stage race), BC

July 11 Xterra Vashon, WA

July 24 Xterra Wild Horse Creek, MT
Or
July 24 Padden Mountain Pedal , WA

July 30 Butte 100 mile mountain bike race), MT
or
July 31 Xterra Forrest Drive, SD

August 6 Cheakamus Challenge (60km mtb race), Whistler, BC

August 13 Xterra Portland, OR

August 27 Xterra Lake Tahoe, NV
Or
August 27 Capitol Forrest 50 miler (mtb race), WA

September 4 Xterra Canada, BC

October 23 Xterra Worlds, HI

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: So ladies, what races are you training for? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
My big race is already done for this year - IMNZ back in March (thank god) - so I'm focusing on running more....

- Victoria Sprint (June 19th)
- Vashon Island Xterra (first Xterra!!! Mid-July) or Squamish OLY
- Bellingham Bay Marathon (Sept 25th)
- VERY MUCH A MAYBE: Whistler 50miler (Nov - yeah NOV! Yuck!)

and a handful of 5/8/10/21.1k running races.... gotta get my leg speed back somehow!

Hoping to BQ at Bellingham. End goal in ~2-3yrs is Comrades.

AP

what's this non sense about Squamish Tri? You've got to try an Xterra and Vashon is the perfect race for a first time...

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: So ladies, what races are you training for? [Alexia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing in particular. I just like to train.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know I know, I was just eyeing the calendar again on that one... I have yet to get back on my MTB since my crash 8 weeks ago... but my eggbeater cleats are sitting here, waiting for me to GET OUT THERE. I am hoping I can get in a few hrs tomorrow once K gets picked up.

Get this: the Specialized Rep was at my LBS today and offered me a new 29er ot a 26er to go test ride at Bby mtn, but I had to decline :-( So sad. Man those look nice.

OK, yer right, I'll have to sign up for Vashon soon I think. Once signed up, then I'm committed! But be warned - I may find them addictive! Which means: many road trips. ;-) Are you going down the night before I assume? if so, you wanna split accoms?

Edit: what's Black Diamond like? and is Portland out at Lake Hagg? Where Hulaman used to be? If so, I may have to try that one too! Love that area (Forest Grove). Wicked brewpub there.

Also: not doing Vic sprint. Not interested in $105 for a sprint, not after P spent $270 for his 1/2. Ugh. I'm turning cheap. ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Last edited by: AndyPants: Jun 11, 11 18:58
Quote Reply
Re: So ladies, what races are you training for? [asrc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm training for the Malibu Olympic distance tri in September, but I may do the Camp Pendleton sprint tri... Single Marines, you know.

http://aclockworkmango.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What time are you riding tomorrow? I could join you if ya want some company. Txt me 6xx-353-4489

The specialized bikes are awesome, too bad you couldn't do a test ride...I'd love to test ride a 29er.

Yeah Xterras are addictive, you'll find it's a totally different vibe. Yes, I'll head down to Vashon the night (day before), the problem is accommodations are limited on the island, there are a few rentals, a campground, but no hotel. It's best to stay on the island the night before so you can pre-ride the course (a must for xterra races). The past couple of years, I've stayed at the campground (slept in the Jeep), other years, I've stayed at an hotel in Seattle (but you have to rush to the ferry in the morning), and I even drove down on the same day (that was stupid + I got a speeding ticket). Anyways, I'm fine with splitting accommodations...

Black Diamond is a lot more technical than Vashon, and longer, but the trails are awesome, and the swim is pretty cool. Portland is a good race, 1 loop bike around Hagg lake, not as technical as Black Diamond.

ps: $105 for a sprint is robery!

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah I forgot about the pre-ride... hmmm... are the trails at Vashon accessible prior to race day? I might hanker for a trip a week or two before - might make it easier.

As for tomorrow, I'll prolly just be riding Bby mtn after 3ish. Does that work for you? If so, you could come to my place. It's 25min from here to base of Bby mtn. Maybe I can arrange some BBQ for after ;-) I'll text you if the time changes anyways.

Oh and the $105 is cuz I didnt' renew my TriBC membership - wasn't planning on doing a lot of races. Does Xterra in the US even recognize it? if so, maybe I will.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yeah, I could ride after 3pm... however, don't think I'll be able to stay for a bbq afterwards, which is a shame because I know you guys can bbq.

Xterra doesn't recognize the Tri BC license. I have a USAT license...

yes, the vashon trails are accessible prior to race day but they won't be marked... I've done this race 10 times, and I couldn't tell you the way unless it's marked (it's very twisty and confusing)... I found a few rentals on craigslist for $100 a night. Or we could stay in Seattle and race without pre-riding...

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm ok either way (pre-ride or not) as it will be my first and I'll f*ck most of it up anyways. I'll text you when I firm up the start time for the ride. If it's after 3, like 4, I'd only ride for 2.5-3hrs anyways.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sounds good!

my support:

Pacific Multisport
Quote Reply

Prev Next