Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

how do I select a wet suit?
Quote | Reply
I looked in the swimoutlet.com website to look for a wetsuit, but the various selections have me confused. There are "spring suits", "full body wet suits", "sleeveless wet suits" and "3/4 wetsuits?". I am looking for a basic one to do sprint tri's in. Any suggestions? Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: how do I select a wet suit? [Jean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rule #1 about wetsuits: pick the one that FITS you best period - no the one on sale or that has the logo or colour you like. FIT over all else.
Rule #2: Full sleeved suits are always faster than sleeveless.

If you are a wetsuit noob, try to find a place where you can rent a wetsuit to try it first. For me, for a sprint, unless the water's really cold, I skip the wetsuit. I *might* wear a speedtube (from deSoto, basically just wetsuit "pants") for buoyancy.

What kind of water temps are we talking about anyways?

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: how do I select a wet suit? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
AndyPants wrote:
Rule #1 about wetsuits: pick the one that FITS you best period - no the one on sale or that has the logo or colour you like. FIT over all else.
Rule #2: Full sleeved suits are always faster than sleeveless.

If you are a wetsuit noob, try to find a place where you can rent a wetsuit to try it first. For me, for a sprint, unless the water's really cold, I skip the wetsuit. I *might* wear a speedtube (from deSoto, basically just wetsuit "pants") for buoyancy.

What kind of water temps are we talking about anyways?

AP

I'll second and third this. Don't buy online before you go to an actual store and try on suits. Especially if you're curvy, fit's really critical.

An ill fitting wetsuit will ruin your race. I'm not kidding about that.

http://aclockworkmango.com
Quote Reply
Re: how do I select a wet suit? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I will go try it on first. The swim is in a man-made lake in June in the greater New York metropolitan area in the early morning hours. So, 50-60 F? Wild guess. I have no clue. It MAY be wet-suit mandatory. The distance is only 300 yards.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you have never or not recently put a wetsuit on, don't freak out about how tight the fit is, especially in the shoulders. It will loosen up in the water.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hello,

Emilio De Soto here. I am happy to help you get properly fitted into a T1 Wetsuit if you considering going that route. Just email me and I will reply with a specifics on what I would need from you to get you sized properly.

Our two-piece design allows you to custom fit your top and bottoms to better fit your specific body type.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply