Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Need recommendations for new tri shorts
Quote | Reply
Hey ladies, rarely post but I need some help! It's time for me to add some my tri shorts into the rotation (I prefer to ride in them instead of cycling shorts) and I would like to find some like my favorite pair that aren't made anymore.

I LOVE my Hind tri shorts. Not only can you not find the shorts, but that brand doesn't even exist anymore. They're basically like boy short undies with a pad...low rise which is important because I'm short and a short inseam (about 2").

I have tried Sugoi's, and I think I might like them if I could find them in a small, but I can't and the mediums are just too big. I have also tried the DeSoto Micro shorts...I fall into the size small category, granted I'm on the high side, but I'm still a small. I could barely pull those shorts up and even then my butt crack was still showing. Maybe those shorts just run small and I should give the medium or large a shot?

Does anyone have any recommendations for some shorts comparable to my Hinds? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Need recommendations for new tri shorts [justagirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You might email Emilio directly about the DeSoto shorts. What about the low cut tri shorts?

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you try Sugoi's website? as opposed to a retailer. Like this one: http://www.sugoi.com/...-21074F-RS-Tri-Short

I do find the deSoto shorts run a size smaller than the Sugoi's - for me at least - I have ample booty. I wear a M in Sugoi shorts but a L in deSoto shorts; a S in Sugoi tops and bras, a M in deSoto tops.

Good luck, I love Sugoi stuff and esp their tri shorts (my current pair has 6 yrs on them - really! - 2 IMs and another one in March)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a couple pair of Zoot tri shorts that I really like. I don't know if they are low rise or if Zoot makes a low rise tri short.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would definitely recommend a pair of DeSoto Carrera short in low-rise.

-TMT
Quote Reply
Re: Need recommendations for new tri shorts [trimomtri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think 2XU makes a low-rise "femme" trishort. I really their comp tri short.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear small in all De soto shorts except the micro tri shorts and I wear a medium in those.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I started a similar thread a while back. The girls here put me on to DeSoto Carrera and DeSoto Forza tri shorts. They are both really good. One is shorter and more brief than the other. They are both great. The DeSoto Forza are a bit longer and they have a pocket in the back. The Carrera are shorter (you can also get them in low rise) and they didn't have a pocket.

Good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Need recommendations for new tri shorts [Mr + Mrs C.C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for all the help ladies, I think I'll order another pair of DeSoto's and Sugoi's and give them a whirl.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I like the Descente shorties and Zoot tri shorts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I used to be hooked on DeSoto's low- rise Carerra shorts, but I'm more of a Louis Garneau fan now. I love the non-binding, wide waistbands and leg bands on all of the LG bottoms (tri and cycling). Their TriAir chamois is excellent too. I do, however, prefer DeSoto's inseam lengths. I'm a shortie (65.5cm, but all torso and no legs) and most tri shorts/bike shorts just make my legs look even shorter. 4-5" inseams are more than long enough for me.
Quote Reply