Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included.
Quote | Reply
Hello Ladies,

This is not an advertisement.

We are trying to improve our women's sizes for our 2012 line.

If you own any De Soto women's garments from either 2010 or 2011 and you are interested in helping us out, you may reply to this post if you wish, but if you desire more privacy and confidentiality, please PRIVATE MESSAGE or email me whatever you want to disclose of the following information:

your current:

height
weight
bust
waist
hips

size you currently own in De Soto:

tops
bottoms
trisuits

feel free to send any opinion you may have on any of our garments as well. I welcome any contructive critism. No matter what it is, I view it as positive. I can assure you your input will be kept confidential.

In gratitude I will send you a coupon code that will grant you a rather substantial discount on your next purchase of De Soto.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Last edited by: Emilio: May 17, 11 13:23
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please cc me with pics. I'm uhhh... Emilio's research assistant. Yeah, that's it...

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can we also give you our opinion on colors???

I'll have to go through my mulitude of DeSoto wear and get back to you.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Khai,

I am know you are trying to be funny, but I will wager that not a single woman found it to be that funny, in fact my wife read it and found it to be a bit creepy, so don't quit your day job!

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that would be greatly appreciated cath!

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I laughed. But just because it's Khai.

I'll send you an email with a lot of information about my weight and what sizes of your stuff I've worn the last couple of years.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I PM'd my measurements to you. I currently have a pair of de soto tri bottoms, top and a trisuit (all medium size)
I do like all of the pieces, they are well made and comfortable to race in. About the only thing I would like to see is a top or trisuit with cap sleeves to save my shoulders from the sun.
Hope this helps you out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sometimes I forget that not everyone knows me...

If you or the forum admins want me to delete it, I'll happily do so.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Right now, all I've got are the coolwings (which I LOVE) and the insulated cap, but I lust after your 400 mile shorts.

I'll happily PM you measurements in the morning when I find the tape measure.

http://aclockworkmango.com
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I do that sometime too. People may know us by name on the forum, but not personally. I wouldn't delete.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [bethbeast] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
got it beth, thanks.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [LuvMyCrappyBike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
FWIW, I bought a pair of MENS 400mi bibshorts (I love bibshorts that's why I bought them) and they are fantastic for long road (slack) riding - I don't like them for riding aero for too long tho.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very happy to see this.

I love your clothing but it runs so small I can't wear it. I think your design, fabric and construction is the best of all tri companys. I used to own and mfg women's tops in the mid 90s and enjoy finding quality made women's clothing.

I bought a bunch of your tops last September even bought the one top you carry in XL hoping to wear it at IMFL last year and they were all to small and smaller than some L tops I bought from your company in 2008. I even tried men's tops hoping they might work as I like 3 back pockets similar to bike jerseys for IMs and hardly any women's tri top come that way. From my tri friends I have heard similar experiences with your clothing.

I'll send you an email.

You should post this on BT as well.
Last edited by: KathyG: May 18, 11 18:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello,

Thank you for doing more market research on womens line of clothing. I find that we're often limited in terms of selection, choice & design.
My background: I'm an Asian American female and have been racing in Olympic/HIM distance triathlons for 3 years.
I don't own any Desoto tri clothing because when I tried on stuff in the Desoto line, certain items didn't fit as well as I would have liked them to.
I would still like to share my feedback:
1. Tops: Since I'm A/B cup there seemed to be good support however the tops were cut in a way that felt awkward at the waistline. I don't like showing my belly, so I won't go for the corset tops. I have an avg legnth torso but the tops would land right at or just below my waistline, and enhanced the hips. If I bend over, will show my belly or lower back. I would recommend designing a slightly longer top to land right at the hip line with the same or compression design for aerodynamics, but won't make a lady feel shy about accidentally showing belly-age or back flab.
2. Bottoms: I didn't really like Desoto color choices/designs in comparison to other brands. I think it's personal taste. However, I think white seams against black fabric are not flattering for most body lines. Dark Lines against Dark are usually my prefernce, or all black, or new colors such as dark purple, maroon red, etc.
3. Diversity: I was also looking for compression gear, which I did not see Desoto marketing.

What I own:
Desoto arm cooler wings + leg coolers. I aboslutly love these!!!!! I have highly recommended them to many girlfriends who are weary of sunburns on their back and shoulders. I bought them in small, which fit my arms in circumference & length perfectly. I train in Taipei, Taiwan so these coolers are a lifesaver in the humidty and high heat. I would buy compression cooler socks/calf socks if Desoto made them. also Cooler headbands, because women don't like wearing beanies with ponytails stuck inside the beanie.
I recommend Desoto to push marketing for their cooling brand in Asia!!! :)

I hope these comments were helpful. Please message me if you have any other questions. Best, EWH
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i don't own any desoto stuff, but after all their praise here i think i'm gonna have to get some!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think my suit is older, but I would LOVE if I didn't have to use a bra with my trisuit (small). 32C and my Forza trisuit does not have nearly the support it would need to be worn alone. It's a theme in the market. I used to have a matching bra to my trisuit but even that stood out as obvious under the suit.

Jodi
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [emintaipei] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

De Soto does make compression leg sleeves, which are awesome! And they also make compression socks, which I wear for my recovery. Check 'em out.

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Please make a one piece padded bikini bottom racing suit with zippered mesh pocket at the back. It seems all manufacturers have stopped making these.
I would buy a couple and then have input re: sizes. Unfortunately I do not own any current despot, but had a couple of shorts in size s way back when. They were all too high in the waist, but it may have to do with my lack of height (5'3").
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [KathyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hello kathy,

thanks for your input and look forward to getting your email. i will see if the folks at bt allow me to post something similar there.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [emintaipei] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for this input. i would be curious to know when it was you last tried on our garments, and what store it was as i have found there are a few stores that are trying to sell off de soto garments from past seasons as if they were 2011. we always suggest that customers seek our authorized retailers as they have our latest and greatest.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
by the way, as for compression, we were the first company ever to utilize compression fabrics starting back in 1997. our entire high end collection for women features compression fabric we call "forza compressor." it lifts and supports muscles to reduce the onset of fatigue. we also offer compression recovery socks.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [Ziva] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks for your suggestion. the reason all manufacturers stopped making these is that they (including us) saw this garment's demand completely drop. fortunately were were among the first to offer it and also among the first to see this trend decline. some companies sold off their remaining stock for pennies on the dollar. women have always been sophisticated in what they wear to race which is why you rarely see them racing in bikini bottoms or swimsuits anymore. they prefer some sort of trishort and top or a trisuit.

as for your old trishorts, we make a number of trishorts that are very low in the waist....even one that has a folding waistband that can fold up as high as your ribs or fold down as low as you want to go. see the photo below:

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: We need your help to improve our women sizes. Incentive included. [KathyG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny, I have the exact opposite opinion. I've only worn the 400 mi shorts, but I think they run big on sizing. I'd gladly take an XS if one were offered, although I wear S in every other manufacturer. Will send PM with more details.

And x2 on nixing the white on black piping! For me that's a no go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Emilio,
The last time I tried on DeSoto products was actually in 2009. As mentioned, I currently train (live) in Asia so I only go home once a year (or shop online) to get all my triathlon gear. As mentioned, Taipei doesn't have a huge selection of clothing for women, so I still encourage you to push marketing here in Asia!!!! :)
The store was Sports Basement located in Sunnyvale, CA. At the time, it was end of summer so perhaps tri season was over and I was trying on older stuff. I also regularly shop at Trisports.com or Onetri.com.

Compression: I didn't realize DeSoto had compression gear in the Forza line. Whenever I click "Compression gear", I don't see Desoto listed.

Thanks,
Emily
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hey Emilio,
Did you get my pm with measurements? Basic summary is that I love the DeSoto line but have a hard time fitting in it because I'm short and stocky.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply

Prev Next