Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How'd You Do: May 16 Edition
Quote | Reply
How was your week?

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How'd You Do: May 16 Edition [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I forgot to come back and set training goals. I had a good week for training and an even better week for schoolwork - really enjoying thesis work and teaching May Term is so-so.

M: 4.5 mi run
T: 12 mi run, 6 mi bike, 2000 yd swim
W: 6.5 mi run, 1600 yd swim
T: 6.5 mi run, 2200 yd swim
F: 8 mi run, 2800 yd swim
S: Sprint Tri - 525y/12.2mi/3.5 mi --- 4th F OV and AG win! Had a good time. (+3.5 mi run and 250 yd swim w/u)
S: off

Tri splits were 8:01 - this includes a run out to the first timing mat but I know I had a slow swim because I had an hour before my wave went off and I can't swim fast if I'm not warmed up --- 1:01 T1, 43 min bike (a whopping 17 mph ;-), 0:41 T2 (yeah!), 25:55 run (7:24s).

totals: 9600 yds swum; 18.2 mi bike; 44.5 mi run

Eating: 6/7. I binged on one day but not terribly - and there was no "compensatory behavior" (ED mind SCREAMING that I didn't get rid of the calories somehow). I did a good job eating on my rest day: usually those go haywire and yesterday it didn't.

Goals for this coming week: 4 swims, 3 rides, 5 runs. Finish a chapter of thesis.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
last week's goals:
- 4 runs: WIN +1 extra
- 3 bike: WIN +1 extra
- 3 swim: WIN
- 5 core/strength/stretch incl. foam rolling: FAIL. 4 only, no foam rolling

this week's goals:
- 4 runs
- 4 bike
- 3 swim
- 5 core/strength/stretch incl. foam rolling

supposed to piss rain all bloody week, so it'll be back on the trainer..

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Last week's goals:
Run M, T, W, R at lunch (6-9k each run so ~30k) => Ran TWF instead
Run T R in the morning with the dog (~6-7k each run so ~12k) => DONE
Run long on weekend (~15k) => DONE, ended up being 22k run
Ride to and from work T R (optional) => Not done, but was optional
Total mileage goal: 60km. => DONE (61.8k in 7 runs, including 1 double)

This week's goals:
Run 8x (Any four of MTWRF at lunch + TR in the morning with the dog + Sat + Sun); 5 are ez with strides; 1 is VO2Max (intervals i.e.: [4' at 10k race pace + 2' recovery]x4; 1 is hills; 1 is long.
Swim 1x - time to start getting my shoulder back in form
Bike to and from work 2x (TR)
Total mileage goal: 70km.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
tigerchik wrote:
How was your week?

TC- Congrats on your AG win! Way to go!

I had a decent week topped off by an excellent weekend. I've taken a lot of down time over the past 2-3 weeks in order to let my leg chill, but once it was established that I was dealing with peroneal tendinitis and not a fibular stress fx, I was on mission, "let's get back in the game ASAP!" I had my first PT appt. for the tendinitis on Thursday and was able to race a local sprint tri on Saturday (400m/13 miles/5k).

I went into the race cautiously and without any expectations. The run course had been changed to a beach run (ouch) only days before and the Gulf was more than a bit angry come race morning. I felt my tendon "ping" a bit as I launched for my first dolphin dive and during the swim I promised myself that if it hurt when I hit the sand at the swim exit, I would just withdraw from the race. Thankfully, it did not. I managed an AG win and 4th woman overall. I'll certainly take that for a whole lot of recent sitting on my butt!

Last Week:
Run- 6.1 miles
Swim- 1.5 miles
Bike- 63.7 miles

This Week:
BIG goal: *Mental switch to marathon focus*
I have one sprint tri left to do in July and then tri season is officially over for me. However, I intend to work on making the mental switch from tri-focused to run-focused beginning this week. My first marathon, Philadelphia in November, is 6 months away. I want to employ a very sloooooow, steady build for this.

Run- The peroneal tendinitis appears to be getting better each day, so I'm hoping to begin building back to a normal schedule. On tap are 3 short runs (25 minutes each), 2 mid-length runs (50 minutes each) and one long run (75 minutes).
Bike- 50 miles (2 workouts)
Swim- 1 interval swim of 2000 yards
Diet goal: No snacking after 7:30PM. I don't care how loudly the cereal box shouts my name, I intend to ignore it.

Hope everyone has a great week!
Quote Reply
Re: How'd You Do: May 16 Edition [shellabree] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congrats to you too on your race placing!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great job on your race and taking a full rest day..and getting all that school work done!

I've fallen off the wagon here on the women's weekly howdya do thread, school, sickness and crappy weather have taken their toll.

Anyway, no excuses: goals last week were to run 24mi, swim 20,000yds and lift 2x. I ran 19.5, swam 18,500 and lifted 1x. Eh. fail, fail fail!
Maybe I'm just an 85% achiever and may have to live with that :)

This week: run 35mi, swim 18,000yds, lift 1x.

Have a good week everyone, stay healthy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jeebus you ladies are fast - nice work all around!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How'd You Do: May 16 Edition [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since I know that chicklamino won't post this, I will mention that she won her AG in an Olympic race this past weekend. I'm the older experienced training partner and have been a little faster in all 3 disciplines historically. However, she's whipping me on the bike this year. She averaged just under 20 on a very rolling bike course. She's put in a lot of hard work and overcome an extremely serious back injury to become a very good triathlete.
Last edited by: lam: May 17, 11 10:12
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Started out crappy - had a reaction to a vaccine and ran a sprint tri with a 100 degree fever.

Then, sat on my ass for two days trying to recover.

Struggled through Masters swim yesterday, but made the 2200 meters.

It can only get better, though!

http://aclockworkmango.com
Quote Reply