Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Amino acid supplement recommendation
Quote | Reply
I have been doing my research but wanted to see what everyone else would recommend...thanks

Disco
South Bend, IN

Habitual Line Stepper..
Quote Reply
Re: Amino acid supplement recommendation [triscooteremu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What are your goals/why are you thinking of AA supplementation?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Xtend is a good product but flavor can be very strong. Also Modern BCAA is good with a lot better flavoring. If you want to use pill instead of drinks Optimum Nutrition BCAA caps and Glutamine Caps are good.
Quote Reply
Re: Amino acid supplement recommendation [swimfan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
a good steak has great flavor, rice and beans can be bland but with the right seasoning are quite good as well.

I also enjoy fish tacos

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Re: Amino acid supplement recommendation [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x 1,000.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Eggs, chicken, beef, fish, pork.
Quote Reply
Re: Amino acid supplement recommendation [bryan913] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
maybe some of that yogurt, keep ya regular to boot
Quote Reply
Re: Amino acid supplement recommendation [Rufus T.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just asking. Nothing wrong with adding on top of steak, beans, chicken etc. right?

Disco
South Bend, IN

Habitual Line Stepper..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
At the risk of being flamed here, you're never gonna get many good answers about supplementation other than the whole food shtick. You really want to know what BCAA's to take, go to a bodybuilding forum and ask those guys. Those dudes tend to have a pretty good handle of which supplements a re good and which are crap. But pay attention to the fact some of the forums are owned by supplement companies, so they will probably be biased towards their products, obviously. And no, just because he's going to a BB site doesn't mean he's gonna get contaminated supplements or start taking the juice.

Personally I take a whole bunch of stuff. Vitamins, fish oils, glutamine, etc. Sure I could just eat lots of healthy food, but my oncologist said that taking all the extra vitamins and whatnot has probably been influential in my speedy recovery, so I don't really care what folks on the internet think about if I'm "pissing money away".

------------------------------------------------------------
"Triathlon is for people who can't handle drugs and alcohol." -IMFL t-shirt

The Dude Abides...
Quote Reply
Re: Amino acid supplement recommendation [Raul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Raul wrote:
At the risk of being flamed here, you're never gonna get many good answers about supplementation other than the whole food shtick. You really want to know what BCAA's to take, go to a bodybuilding forum and ask those guys. Those dudes tend to have a pretty good handle of which supplements a re good and which are crap. But pay attention to the fact some of the forums are owned by supplement companies, so they will probably be biased towards their products, obviously. And no, just because he's going to a BB site doesn't mean he's gonna get contaminated supplements or start taking the juice.

Personally I take a whole bunch of stuff. Vitamins, fish oils, glutamine, etc. Sure I could just eat lots of healthy food, but my oncologist said that taking all the extra vitamins and whatnot has probably been influential in my speedy recovery, so I don't really care what folks on the internet think about if I'm "pissing money away".

Let's get him!

(just kidding)

-Jason
Quote | Reply
if you are actually adding, no
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have been using the Modern BCAAthat can be found at your local sport nutrition shop. I like the Grape flavor

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Raul wrote:

Fair enough and good luck. But Oncologists are not renowned for their knowledge of the effect nutrition has on health. I have a wife going through 6 months of chemo and have been pretty disappointed with their knowledge in that regard and we are fortunate in getting top quality treatment via private health insurance.

Recommend you read "The China Study"
http://www.amazon.com/...303855112&sr=8-1
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Xtend rocks IMO.

All the flavours are great except green apple (not sure if they even make it anymore)
Just VERY expensive here in Oz :(
Quote Reply
Re: Amino acid supplement recommendation [NoBrakes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll look into it. Give your wife my best. This is my second time going through the cancer game, and it sucks, but has made me see things differently. Life is somehow sweeter now.

------------------------------------------------------------
"Triathlon is for people who can't handle drugs and alcohol." -IMFL t-shirt

The Dude Abides...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks. Send a PM if you'd like an ebook version of that book.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
X2

All the vegan, whole food posers here are on something. Guaranteed, It might be something innocent like BCAA's or worse, No-one around here is going to give up their stash so you might get the drop on something better. If you want to learn about supplements go to tnation.com

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply