Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

wear giant garmin on the inside of wrist?
Quote | Reply
So, I was trying on various Garmin watch devices, mainly due to the fact that I ordered a 305 online and had to return it because it just didn't work for me. It banged into my very prominent wrist bone (outside of wrist, closest to pinky finger) and I was unable to tolerate it for even 2 miles of running. I ended up carrying it in my hand.

At the store, I was trying on the 310xt, and the FR 210, and both seemed like they would still give me this problem. Then the sales girl suggested I try the watch with the face on the inside of my wrist to avoid the issue.

I tried it in the store and it seems like it would work.

Anyone out there do this and like it?

Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: wear giant garmin on the inside of wrist? [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the exact same issue with the 310xt. Interestingly enough, became more difficult to tolerate after installing the quick release kit.

At first I tried wearing it on the inside of my wrist and that worked to relieve the discomfort; however, it felt too awkward to look at the screen when wearing it like that.

Best fix: wear it overtop of a wrist sweatband. The wristband adequately pads that bony prominence so that you can wear the watch on top of the wrist as intended.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wear it on the inside of my wrist when I do bike intervals so I can see the time when I'm down in the aerobars.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also have a prominent wrist bone so I wear a wrist/sweat band under the watch and find it provides enough of a cushion that I don't notice the watch while wearing it. Give that a try perhaps?

Cheers.

julie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i have the same issue and wear my 310XT on the inside of my wrist and have had no problems.

i've always worn my watches facing in so it felt natural.

i was worried about banging the buttons, but so far i haven't had any issues. i trained and raced with it all last year.
Quote Reply
Re: wear giant garmin on the inside of wrist? [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
+1 I wear my 305 on the inside of my wrist. Fits better that way!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The quick release kit for the 305 has a velcro armband. That was the most comfortable for me, because I could strap it rather tightly to a different part of my wrist, farther away from my wrist bone, and it wouldn't hurt. I wish the 310 had a velcro arm band!

Now that I have a 310xt, I haven't quite figured out how to make it comfortable yet. I'm hoping that if I keep wearing it, it will get better, but that hasn't happened yet.
Quote Reply
Re: wear giant garmin on the inside of wrist? [alaina1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I have the same issue with the 310xt.

I have to constantly move it away from my wristbone when I run but it slides back down.

On the bike, I turn it around on my wrist and no problem.
Quote Reply