Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How's the Adamo Saddles for the ladies?
Quote | Reply
My wife recently bought a P3 and started training her way towards a HIM. She had a Koobi on her roadie and bought the Koobi Tri for her P3. Unfortunately, she complains regularly about the cutout pinching her "womanhood." (I am not sure what is PC around here, and I need help. So we will go with womanhood.) She only has a couple of rides (~100M or so) but she hates it. She is fine sitting up on the bullbars, but cant stay aero for more than a few miles. I know we give saddles several hundred miles to break in, but I hate for her not to get to enjoy her bike. I was thinking it was time to switch. I am hoping the Adamo would be more comfortable because of the larger cutout and the lack of a true nose. Any feedback from the ladies will be abppreciated.

By the way, no knocking the Koobi's. We both love them on the road bikes. Crazy comfortable for both of us.

Thanks in advance,
Chris

@christopher_borden •
Spinning Spoke • Dimond Bikes • Flo Cycling • Castelli Cycling
Quote Reply
Re: How's the Adamo Saddles for the ladies? [Borden] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I switched to one about 2 years ago and will never go back. I started using it during IM training and it made a huge difference. It isn't a magic seat, there is still some pressure, but it is on the 'sit' bones instead of soft tissue, which I found to be way more comfortable (after a break in period).
Kendra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought my 5th one which will go on my new bike.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried one and it did not work for me at all, really glad I was able to borrow it to try.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Season 3 for me and I'm preparing for my longest bike race yet. I use the race model.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: How's the Adamo Saddles for the ladies? [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had Koobi, switched to the race on my tri bike and hated it-switched back, now I have the road on my trainer which didn't see much use but I need a Koobi back on that as well since work dictates more trainer time this year- my Adamo Road is for sale in classifieds or maybe we could do a trade? pm me if interested :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I started with Terry butterfly, which works great for me except some pressure on my "womanhood" that leaves me feeling a bit bruised the day after a long or hard ride. Just tried the Adamo TT--no good for me. What there is of the nose is more than a half inch wider than my Terry, putting pressure on my thigh bones. I'm now experimenting with the Selle SMP, a "Lite junior" model that is made for teen riders. I may need a bigger model, but I think the basic concept of the SMP might work for me--bigger cutout, dropped nose than the Terry but just as slim in the nose.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I switched to Adamo about a month ago. I got a one to trial for 2 - 3 weeks which was great because everyone is different, you need time to try these things. I liked it so much, I extended the trial so I could get my RETUL done with an Adamo. I then ordered mine and LOVE IT. Other saddle I was considering was the Prologo Nago TTR or TT, as I find I sometimes slip a bit when aero and the saddle has good reviews. Hunt around for somewhere that does trials of Adamo's - suggest looking at their main website and contacting a main distributor/dealer.

I had slight chaffage from it to begin with but this is gone now.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just got one (road model) last week and have put in about 50 miles so far. I had some Specialized saddle with a cutout on my bike before the Adamo. First ride was FABULOUS! Second ride was an education in where the "sit bones" actually are. Dang! It took a few minutes to get into the right spot, but once I pushed through the uncomfortableness, it was fine. I think I have some more breaking in to do, but I feel like I'm riding in a more aggressive position when in the aerobars. No soft tissue discomfort or numbness, either. The 'nose' is pretty wide, too, but it doesn't affect my rides.

Hope that helps.

Kelly
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The road version didnt work for me, too wide and I found myself rocking a lot on the saddle... I got one in red if your interested in buying...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've been using an Adamo race saddle on my tri bike for 2.5 years. I find it most comfortable when it's tilted forward a bit, with the nose about 0.5" lower than the rear end. For me, there was no break-in period required. It was instant relief from the very first ride. The cutout on my previous saddle was too small, where the split on the Adamo is wide enough to avoid the, ummm, sensitive area.

I did have some comfort issues using an Adamo road saddle on my road bike, but once I got the saddle position dialed in, it was great.
Quote Reply
Re: How's the Adamo Saddles for the ladies? [froglegs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So happy to find this thread!

I have a Bontrager race saddle on my road bike which I love--comfy but I am finding when I am on there for longer periods now (2+ or so) I am starting to have some discomfort on the soft tissue. I am tx for my first HIM distance so is this just "normal" after being in the saddle for so long?? or should I still persue a new saddle?

I took it up to my LBS yesterday and got a Cobb (not sure of the model right now) to try-just a short spin around the 'hood and it hurt like heck. It's got the cut out and it just seemed so THICK on the nose...Gonna give it another go today but...it was the Adamo I really wanted to try (he did not the tester-it was out).

All the feedback is appreciated!

Quote | Reply
Along the same lines, what's the verdict on testing saddles? It doesn't sound that appetizing but how many LBS or other shops let you take a specific saddle for a spin?

Is this something your wife could do?
Quote Reply
Re: How's the Adamo Saddles for the ladies? [maggier] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trisports (and another online shop I think) has a saddle testing program. I think it's $25 to try it for a week and you get a credit towards the purchase of the saddle if you buy it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have an Adamo Race on my tri bike and absolutely love it. Before, I didn't spend a whole bunch of time in the aerobars because I found that forward position pretty uncomfortable on the "womanhood" as you put it (I've always used "giblets"...). The Adamo totally changed how I ride and I can do 5 hour plus rides in the aero position no problem. Took a few rides for my sit bones to get used to it. I still use a Fizik Vitesse on my road bike, as it's really just the aero position I need the Adamo for. They look so goofy but it's worth it! I could never go back to a regular saddle in the TT position now that I've found this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We are finishing up week two on the Adamo. The wifey noticed an immediate improvement in comfort in the aero position with the Adamo.

She also asked me to quit talking to other women on the Internet about her womanhood.

Thanks for all the help ladies.

@christopher_borden •
Spinning Spoke • Dimond Bikes • Flo Cycling • Castelli Cycling
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and I feel the same way about the Koobi- INSTANT improvement :) thx for the swap!
Quote Reply
Re: How's the Adamo Saddles for the ladies? [Snap!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm on the Adamo Podium. tried the Race but was too wide at the front. The Podium is perfect :) absolutely LOVE it!
Quote Reply
Re: How's the Adamo Saddles for the ladies? [tapwater] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tapwater,
Could you measure the width of the Podium at the end of the nose? If it's narrow enough, I might be able to use it. I tried the new TT, but it was too wide, and because I had it pushed all the way back, I could get enough give to ziptie the nose.
Thanks!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For 5 years I've ridden the Terry damselfly and been okay with it. I tried others and they were awful so I kept going back to the damselfy. On a whim I tried the adamo racing, pretty sure it was going to be too wide at the nose for me. But nope, I LOVE it. I've never been able to sit forward on a saddle before, I've always planted my sit bones on the back and sacrificed power for comfort (I've done tests where I've rotated forward and saw a good power increase, but I couldn't deal with the lack of comfort), but with the Adamo racing, I went right for the nose of the saddle w/o even thinking about it. No difference in comfort no matter where on the saddle I sat. LOVE that saddle.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have the Adamo racing saddle and it works great for me (had to pull it in a little with twist ties though) I was having trouble in the aero with saddles and I asked my LBS if I could try out the Adamo, but they didn't carry them. A customer with one on his bike just happened to bring it in to be serviced, so they called him up and asked if we could borrow the saddle for a day. The guy said yes and the rest is history. I thought about sending the guy a note saying "My ***t thanks you" but decided to go with the pc response instead.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just did 125 miles with no pain down south, so if that's not a ringing endorsement, I don't know what is...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I just bought an Adamo for my new tri bike for the same reason. However, I had to exchange it because it was too wide. I am now using the Sellea SMP Plus. It is the most comfortable bike seat I have ever used. I have gotten a couple of 100 milers in for my IM training and the seat it the least of my worries, unlike last time.
Quote Reply
Re: How's the Adamo Saddles for the ladies? [IronMandie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I use an Adamo Podium but it's a little too wide. I've zip tied it at the nose and much better but still looking for one that's more comfortable.

A friend told me to try the Koobi. Another friend loves the Specialized Ruby.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

if anyone has other recommendations for saddles they love - while mostly in the aero position - I'd love to know about them. I'd prefer to have the option to ride a saddle on the nose at times, and the Adamo does allow for that. I'm hoping the Koobi may as well.

Thanks.
Quote Reply