Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Best trishorts for the pear shaped woman?
Quote | Reply
No matter how fit I get, I cannot get rid of a little flab on my inner thigh - - which of course is an issue that makes nearly all tri and bike shorts look AWFUL. Anyone have a recommendation for a tri short that minimizes the sausage link affect? Being pear shaped, I typically do not need padded bike shorts on long rides either, so a great pair of tri shorts will do.......
Quote Reply
Re: Best trishorts for the pear shaped woman? [Reservoir Cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just wear zoots (unpadded) and I'm not really sure what brand will not be tight in the thighs because being tight is kinda necessary so they don't ride up, etc. Maybe try different lengths in the shorts that stop at different points on the thigh. When you're out training (won't work for races) but maybe wear those cute skirts that hide that area... I love athletic skirts. Don't worry too much about that area if you find it an issue. If you're training and fit, it doesn't matter. :)
Quote Reply
Re: Best trishorts for the pear shaped woman? [perfcctionist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've never bought into the need for elastic leg grippers - - I have some Sheebeast cycling shorts without them and they don't ride up - - it seems a fold-over hem works well for this.

This weekend I tried out the new Sugoi Piston 200 compression tri short and I have to say, this is it - -the most flattering tri short I've ever worn. I wish they came in a shorter length that is more flattering to my petite stature but otherwise they are perfect. Sausage links be gone!
Last edited by: Reservoir Cat: Apr 4, 11 10:07
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have a pair of castelli shorts without the grippers and they instantly ride up. Really embarrassing on the road, they have been relegated to trainer rides, and I will only buy shorts with grippers from now on.

http://www.teamestrogen.com/prodCI_L9037.html
Quote Reply
Re: Best trishorts for the pear shaped woman? [chicklamino] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are the Castelli's too big for you? I don't see how shorts could ride up if the leg opening is narrower than the mid thigh for example. I could possibly see this being an issue for someone with skinny legs or with thights that are narrow......definitey never going to be an issue for my watermelon thighs.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Cat,

I bet you'll find your perfect pair with a longer inseam. I'm bottom-heavy too, and the first pair of tri-shorts I got were Zoots with an 8" inseam. A longer inseam will minimize any sausage link-age... look for 6-8" lengths. Craft makes a tri short with a 7" inseam, but I'd avoid those because the gripper is pretty tight. You might also try Louis Garneau, they have a less severe gripper and an inseam length that works pretty well for me too.

Good luck!

Jen
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
the desoto forza fabric is compression and if you look close it has vertical lines. doesn't have the leg grippers. I think it has a nice slimming effect.
Quote Reply
Re: Best trishorts for the pear shaped woman? [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I, too, have that pesky area on my leg and am tall (5'9"). I have some Craft cycling shorts that are shorter and will only be used on training rides indoors for that very reason you mentioned.

My favorites are the LG bibs I own, Sugoi 7" shorts and I got some new Pearl Izumi tri shorts with 6" ( I think) inseam that foldover at the waist. They are a smidge too low at the waist but not so bad I will moon someone. The legs fit perfectly.
Quote Reply
Re: Best trishorts for the pear shaped woman? [Allie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love love love my Zoot Ultra's--the material is different, almost a very tight mesh vs. spandx and they just fit great and don't give you that sausage-y look

Quote | Reply
not yet pear-shaped nor very womanly.. but my flab goes all the way around ;-)
I'd second the recommendations for
1. a longer inseam
2. the Louis Garneau Comp tri shorts, comfortable and more forgiving than the other brands I've tried
Quote Reply
Re: Best trishorts for the pear shaped woman? [JenniferLeah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Same issue here with shape. The Zoot ultras work well for me. I also got a pair of compression tri shorts (CEPs) in hopes that they'd help my hips get a little less stiff. They really negate that icky inner thigh bump, but are longer. I also find them a little too restrictive. I think I will find them far more comfortable when I take off a little more weight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2XU Compression Tri Short. Best I've ever worn. Great pad, no sausage and awesome fabric.
Quote Reply
Re: Best trishorts for the pear shaped woman? [ebb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ditto on the 2XU compression shorts- they're fantastic!!!

"What will you wear on your next race day"
Quote Reply