Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How does an arm muscle strain heal?
Quote | Reply
I've never strained an arm muscle before. But I have seen the effects of being out of the pool for over a few days, and that isn't good.

When I extend my left arm in the water, the muscle running directly along my armpit twinges a bit like I over extended it. The thing is, I've never done this and have no clue what an appropriate action (aside from rest) would be to remedy such an annoyance.

This must happen to others. What would you recommend?
Quote Reply
Re: How does an arm muscle strain heal? [%FTP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Rest.

The loss of feel that you seem to be referring to from being out of the water for a week will be regained more quickly than not allowing a possible injury to heal, which will keep you out of the water longer than it will take if you stop now until it gets better.

Don't be stupid...rest until it's better.

Re: How does an arm muscle strain heal? [darkhorsetri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Makes perfect sense. But for how long? What is a decent amount of rest for a arm strain?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
that's what i did for my muscle and low back pain recently:
put injured area in warm water for 10-12 minutes, then apply snogg patch for 2-3 days. repeat if needed.
don't stretch and use this muscle for few days.
this procedure kills the pain, not just gives you relief.
worked for me few times.
be well
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A friend's elderly father strained his left arm while swimming last week. Cut workouts short, still the same arm pain. Turns out the pain was referred from his chest. He had triple bypass surgery three days later.
Quote Reply