Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

HELP! Any lawyers out there would review an employment contract?
Quote | Reply
Hi All,
I got a (contingent) contract job offer today. I'd really love to get someone legal-ish to review the contract (since I'm just a project manager) to make sure I'm as covered as the company. And, oh yeah, they want me in Manhattan Tuesday night so want the contract back ASAP. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
Thanks,
Cam
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! Any lawyers out there would review an employment contract? [CamR] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey Cam,

I am an attorney, but I couldn't help you with this for a number of reasons. I just wanted to let you know that you might not get any responses. In my state, and I'm guessing in most others, lawyers have to abide by their local rules of ethics. Responding to your general request could be a violation of those rules, because often times we can't seek out employment where we know it exists if the client hasn't contacted us directly. Looks like you want to give your business to a fellow triathlete, which is awesome - I'd search for "lawyer" on the forums and then PM the people you find. That might get you better results. Good luck!

Tom - Phoenix Patent Attorney & Triathlete
Quote Reply
Re: HELP! Any lawyers out there would review an employment contract? [joshuaforty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got him squared away a while ago...and yes, it was a PM thing, rather than response via the ad.

That and, you know, not being a lawyer...

----------------------------------
Editor-in-Chief, Slowtwitch.com | Twitter
Quote Reply