Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Let's see your ride! [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this is worthy of your very own thread....:)

nicely done.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's my new Jamis Xenith T2. I just picked it up last month. I had it built by Kyle's Bikes here in Ankeny,IA. They were awesome to work with and have a great website dedicated to their tri business (http://www.discounttrisupply.com). I went with SRAM components and Vision aero bars. I'm still trying to decide on a hydration setup. I'd appreciate any feedback! Thanks!

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [DuGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Speedracer1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now that a good looking bike

[/quote]
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [rrblb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thank you very much. I love this bike. I'd give up my 2007 Toyota 4x4 before I gave up Speedy here!! lol
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Now that's what I call love...lol
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [NAFT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Classic.. I like! Its not all about bling..

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What bars are those? I like!

Colorado Triathlon Company, CO2UT 2021, Crooked Gravel 2022, Steamboat Gravel 2022
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [boilerup] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
They are the Speed Concept bars! ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My new 2010 Felt B12!

-------
http://www.y-rocket.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [TriSRV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ummm yaaaaa....thanks for the awful headache causing picture.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very cool pic and it would be great to see more of the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cool fork.

TriSRV wrote:
My new 2010 Felt B12!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice ride!! Did you just get it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how can you even tell it is?
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [BMANX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
BMANX wrote:
Very cool pic and it would be great to see more of the bike.

God save me for posting a pic with a discernible background, but here goes:

When we first met...

Some commentary:

-as you can tell by the mini-Tree in the background, it's Christmas morning.

-No, they did not present the bike to me with the chain on the big ring and cranks parallel to the ground. Don't worry, I scolded them first before taking hold of the bike.

-A "white/silver" aero helmet doesn't perfectly match the bike's paint job, you say. No it doesn't, but white and silver are the two top-ranking colors for reflecting light, and with it, heat absorption. A move on my part to proactively combat this detrimental element of aero vs. standard.

-Spacers! Don't worry, it's before I was fitted at the F.I.S.T. certified (and amazing) Speedy Reedy in Seattle. We have me on a shorter stem without rise and less space between it and the top tube. It's still not terribly aggressive but it's what I can sustain and looks really consistent with what I've seen among pros at least upon cursory visual inspection. Aero helmet is flush and fits the position perfectly. I'll race 20km TTs up through IM this season but long course will be my focus.

-My wife did know to have the front QR in the aero position!

-You'll notice that I have a wedding ring on my left hand. I'm 24, we dated straight through college and married the week after. Went to Thailand for 6 months to do community development work with Step Ahead then school started up for me. If I look young for my age, well, hopefully it's just my boyish charm. . .

-Note the dog bone visible between the spokes of the front wheel. We were at my parents house for Christmas and they've got 'my dog' there. Chesapeake Bay Retriever named Ki.

-The guys my Mom hired to put in the tile completely botched the install. Note that they left spacers between, with the resulting erosion of the grout and tile displacement.

-Slowman in his review of the '10 B12 didn't speak terribly well of the TTR3 wheelset, basically assessing them as a glorified training wheelset. I've been impressed and really like them. I have a wheelcover for a rear Ksyrium Elite that I'll use but I'll keep the front for races this season. Over the summer I'm going to run a simple power-meter based performance comparison between this front and a Zipp 808 clincher with all other variables (as much as I can) kept constant.

-It comes with Vittoria Zaffiro Pro slicks on it but I swapped them out for my Bontrager Race Lite and Race X Lite tires that were basically brand new.

-Given a review sent out by Velonews, I'm going to get latex tubes for racing (apparently it makes a discernible difference over butyl). Unless latex tubes came with it...? I don't even know.

-This is a photo but it might as well have been a video of me for the whole day. I basically just sat there and gawked. Gorgeous bike in person. As is probably the case with everyone else's, pictures just don't do it justice.

-I've been on a road bike with clip-ons for the 6 years I've been in the sport as I wanted to refine the engine before I upgraded (ride up grades, so to speak). I even looked at upgrading the crank on my road bike to the Ultegra crank seen here with my Christmas money on Christmas Eve but couldn't justify it to myself, then look at this surprise on Christmas day! I'm a medical student in a place with bad winters so I've only gotten out twice on her but man, even after 12 hrs of studying I'll just look at the bike and be totally stoked.

Thanks for the comments!!!

-------
Last edited by: TriSRV: Feb 18, 11 16:33
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! As long as your SC isn't entered in the same race I should be all set. Awesome machine + set-up

-------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks!! I'll look you up and be sure and enter a couple of your races just to keep you honest!!! ;-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you go to UW Medicine? I see you have a ton of NW race reports.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I might be the only guy on ST that could care less about what is in the background but I do care for a good ST side profile shot of the bike. Full frontal bike nudity is a must.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very funny and creative:) I too have a 2010 B12 - freakin' love it. Good luck with med school.

Formally known on ST as: Pork_Weener, Rooster_Nutz, and Pants_FarmStrong

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Pig_Benis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Final build...........SRAM Red, R2C shifters, SRAM TT 53 tooth ring, I replaced the crappy Specialized brake levers with SRAM TT900's but it is a hassle to put and remove the FC 808, it looks like I may have to settle with the original levers (snif snif). Zipp Open Tubulars 21. Xlab Aero bottle/cage. Xlab Torpedo mount/cage (not shown). The aerobars will be cut 1-2" depending on the final fit.

Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quite possibly the most aesthetically pleasing bike I have ever seen, could look at that picture all day long and not find a thing to change.

Just beautiful.
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [jacknine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Heres my new whip being built up at moment cycle sport in SD. FIST fitting done by JT. Bike selection based on my fit done by JT and I. I based my fit around my beloved zipp vuka's. Heres the dean being built up. The lead mechanic, emailed me a pic of my seat height just before he cut the seat mast, since he knows I am anal when it comes to how it looks. I didn't want that stubby seat post. Itll be done monday, Can't wait. I believe it will have an 80mm zipp stem, and 1cm of spacers, and 16cm of drop. Going to finish it off with a zipp 808 rear and 404 front. More pics to follow.

Last edited by: Socalbeachbum: Feb 25, 11 20:51
Quote Reply
Re: Let's see your ride! [Socalbeachbum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[/img]
my 07' Merc
Quote Reply

Prev Next