Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Firefighter Job
Quote | Reply
I wanted to share with those who would like to consider a new career. the department I work for is hiring in the coming month. The only requirements are: 18 y/o, no felonies, and a OK driving record. I have been working for this department for 8 years and have had a great time. We work on average 10 days a month on three week rotating schedule. It is somewhat hard to explain (my family still is not always sure when I work) but I'll try week 1: T, TH, Sat. Week 2: Mon, Fri. Week 3: Sun and Wed. As you can see week one is the roughest since you work every other day, but, on week two the is a 3 day break and on week three a 5 day mini vacation. any way we are searching for great candidates.

http://www.co.henrico.va.us/departments/fire/

the process is a s follows: 1st. apply online. 2nd written test. 3rd physiscal test. 4th interview.

Good luck

east coast Carlos

east coast Carlos
Quote Reply
Re: Firefighter Job [carloco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Out of curiosity what would a first year fireman earn salary wise?
Quote Reply
Re: Firefighter Job [piknikboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The entrance salary is posted at 39K but out of the academy you will get a raise consequent raises as you ascend in career development.

east coast Carlos
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Looking to become a 2nd generation firefighter. I will be testing here as this looks like a great department for a career-minded person. I have a few questions in regards to the department.

Do you know approximately how many they will be hiring?
Are there any residency requirements?
I know Henrico's site is a wealth of knowledge but is there anything in particular I should know/research out before I interview?

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Iow@ Guy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
carloco wrote:
I wanted to share with those who would like to consider a new career. the department I work for is hiring in the coming month. The only requirements are: 18 y/o, no felonies, and a OK driving record. I have been working for this department for 8 years and have had a great time. We work on average 10 days a month on three week rotating schedule. It is somewhat hard to explain (my family still is not always sure when I work) but I'll try week 1: T, TH, Sat. Week 2: Mon, Fri. Week 3: Sun and Wed. As you can see week one is the roughest since you work every other day, but, on week two the is a 3 day break and on week three a 5 day mini vacation. any way we are searching for great candidates.

http://www.co.henrico.va.us/departments/fire/

the process is a s follows: 1st. apply online. 2nd written test. 3rd physiscal test. 4th interview.

Good luck

east coast Carlos

i work as a FF for the CIty of Richmond. henrico is right next door...great department to get into...good luck to all the applicants.
Last edited by: handsomenate: Jan 18, 11 11:21
Quote Reply