Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Favorite Sufferfest video?
Quote | Reply
Anyone use these movies to train indoors during the winter? Which ones have you used? Out of them, which is your favorite? Why?
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [iscorpchazz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have fight club, downward spiral and revolver. I am currently thinking of trying The Hunted...... But anyway. I think Fight club is my favorite. The attacks, if done right as they say 100% effort and +15 cadence, will wreck you if you can keep up with the regular workout. It usually spikes my heartrate from 170+ to almost 190 at every attack! Revolver is my second favorite as a shorter workout. Again if done right, the 1 minute 100% efforts will hurt a lot!

One thing i hate about them is the weird music. So i just listen to my ipod if i'm not in the mood for their weird electronica music.

Anyway, hope this helps!

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I also have fight club, downward spiral and revolver. My favorite is probably fight club because I like contantly having to chase people down in the video, I feel like i've been hit by a truck after I complete those efforts. Revolver is really good for a condensed interval workout in the morning too.

To be honest I like all of them, go on the site and check out the descriptions, choose whichever you think will suit you best. You can't go wrong with any of them, revolver is the shortest one at 45 mins (if I remember correctly). He is currently working on a new release due out in February.

They're only 11 bucks, you'll endup collecting them like I did, I too am considering Hunted as my next one.

I personally really like the music, but it's certainly not for everybody.
Last edited by: karmacoma: Dec 26, 10 12:37
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't input to tell you my favorite one, since I haven't seen any of them. I can put in to tell you that I'm also in the market for them. I emailed David (the creator) and he suggested The Hunted, Angels and Fight Club, in that order, for triathletes. I agree that you probably can't go wrong with any of them, but the two former seem to be prolonged intense efforts and the latter is all about the mental toughness necessary to constantly accelerate. I think the other videos feature shorter, more intense intervals in greater number, which are more applicable to roadies, cyclocross, MTB, etc.

2014: 40k TT focus

Race reports at http://tripikapp.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [pat.allen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have fight club and the hunted. favorite is fight club...i totally dig the music and the pace is just right. The hunted is good to mix things up....so I do FC on Tuesdays and Hunted on Thursdays.

I like Sufferfest better than spinervals and for the price....they rock!

I am thinking about getting another too....besides FC and the Hunted, what are peoples favs?

---------------------------------------------------------------
My other car is a Felt. DFL>DNF>DNS.

"There will come a day you won't be able to do this, today is not that day."
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [elevario] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I rotate through fight club, downward and now the hunted. like them all.

What about revolver? Better than the 3 I mentioned or just as good/but different?

Such a Bad Runner
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was just at their site a couple of days ago. Could you help out the old computer illterate (me)? Will the download to the avg laptop, will I be able to burn a disc that would play in a reg dvd player on my t.v. ? Thanks,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have them all. I like fight club the best followed by the hunted then angels. They're all great but those are the best.

Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [SBR_bestgoodbad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think "condensed" is the right word. It's good in the mornings when I don't have much time. Think of it as a structured interval session, good for building your cardio.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
These sound really cool. Race footage with instruction.

Are you playing it through your computer or burned to DVD? I'm also wondering about quality on a larger screen TV.
KC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just wondering, why does there seem to be no love for downward spiral?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Downward spiral was the first one I downloaded and I love it! I haven't regretted any of my downloads. If I was to rate the three I have in 10 being the best, it would go:
Fight Club 10, Revolver 9.5, Downward Spiral 9.5. So all in all, all of these I've downloaded so far have been great! I'm downloading "The Hunted" now :)
Everytime I make it halfway through downward spiral, I feel I'm ready to quit XD! It's a great video.

------------------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've not tried burning them. I have a mac and they play fine on my comp. I did put them on my iphone but for no reason. I just set up my comp next to my bike on a snack tray table w/headpohones. Or without headphones and let my newborn listen to the tunes and watch me whilst in her swing. She kicks her legs and it's a lot of fun to watch!

I know they sell a "class" or "Group" license so that is probably an easier format to burn. Though handbrake should do the job...not that i'd ever do that cause it's illegal.

Happy Festivus!

J

Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [misha1809] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based upon this thread (and the wine I've had tonight...and the 18 lego sets I've built, the 2 race tracks I've assembled, the 22 games I've played twice each, the 9 midnight and 2 am feedings i've done, and the cooking/dishes over the past 3 days) I'm gonna treat myself to "revolver" right now.

Ski-dooosh (sound made while doing the "wooshy finger hold"...all other parents of small children will understand.

Happy SUFFERING!!!!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
elevario wrote:
Downward spiral was the first one I downloaded and I love it! I haven't regretted any of my downloads. If I was to rate the three I have in 10 being the best, it would go:
Fight Club 10, Revolver 9.5, Downward Spiral 9.5. So all in all, all of these I've downloaded so far have been great! I'm downloading "The Hunted" now :)
Everytime I make it halfway through downward spiral, I feel I'm ready to quit XD! It's a great video.

+1

A sure sign you're doing it right :) Giggling during a recovery period is also acceptable once you realize how badly you're beating yoursef up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i got them all for my birthday a few weeks ago. a friend downloaded them then burned them to a dvd for me so i don't have to watch my laptop. i've done angels, the hunted, and revolver so far. i've been using them as a 2nd hard workout for the week. i loved angels and the hunted. my vizsla would run upstairs to check on me whenever the dogs barked on the video. it was funny. revolver was rough. if you do it right, your legs will hate you. and i texted my brother after the 15th interval that the "a$$hole video is making me do another one" when they gave me the 16th of 15 to do. he just laughed at me.

---------------------------------------
Fruit snacks are for winners
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
an option is to convert the mp4s to avi ( i use pazerra because its free) and then make a dvd but the quality suffers. if you have a mac or friend with a mac you can get hd quality dvds made.
any indoor training dvd where you are watching cx is one worth using
i really recommend them to people who are more confortable with gear selection and rpe otherwise you might not get the most out of them
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [kevinc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I watch them through my apple tv. It streams them wirelessly from my computer.

Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [misha1809] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
misha1809 wrote:
Based upon this thread (and the wine I've had tonight...and the 18 lego sets I've built, the 2 race tracks I've assembled, the 22 games I've played twice each, the 9 midnight and 2 am feedings i've done, and the cooking/dishes over the past 3 days) I'm gonna treat myself to "revolver" right now.

Ski-dooosh (sound made while doing the "wooshy finger hold"...all other parents of small children will understand.

Happy SUFFERING!!!!

Sounds like you and I lead identical lives... :)
Going to download one of the videos tonight to try, but won't be until 9 or 10PM, when the kids are finally asleep...
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [Mallen4574] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Curious how you watch them through Apple TV? Do you download into itunes then stream from there? Really want to try these videos, burned out on spinervals. Thanks for input!
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [fegirl1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It defaults to QuickTime as a player but you just have to find the video in your download file then click "open with" and select iTunes from then on it's in your movies section of iTunes. On apple tv you go to the computers section and it will have all your videos listed.

Quote | Reply
I have a video of my wedding day -- does that qualify?

Have Fun ** Tri Hard ** Be Kind
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I used the free version of Any Video Converter to convert to a DVD format. After that I used the software that came with windows 7 to burn it to a DVD. I can give you exact instructions if you need them when I get home. It took a few hours to covert it though.

Quality seems OK, it was a big download since I got both versions (single and multiple), think it took something like 4 hours at 450kps.

I also converted it to run on my mp3 player, think it compressed down to 90mb. I listen to it over the headphones and watch it on the little screen so I can put anything else in the TV-DVD player.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have fight club....love it!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Favorite Sufferfest video? [SBR_bestgoodbad] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like revolver, it uses track footage and CX footage. I'm been on the verge of puking a couple of times and I've quit in the middle a few times. Really Really hard. It has a nice little suprise at the end.

I've never understood the tweets/posts about doing them Back-to-back-to-back. I can't see how that is possible unless you sand bag.
Quote Reply

Prev Next