Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
So, apparently, I am worth ten $100 dollar-bills.
Quote | Reply
Today, my part-time job employer gave me a Christmas basket that his office gave to business contacts along with an envelope containing ten $100 dollar-bills while mumbling something under his breath that it was my year-end "bonus" or some mumble-jumbo. Now, I would gladly accept that ten $100 dollar-bills as my year-end "bonus" if I had brought in enough business to merit that. The fact was, I had only brought in about a total of $ 800 dollar of GROSS profit to the company since I was hired part-time a couple of months ago. Am I not correct that the year-end bonus should be something like a percentage of the total profit (net profit) that an employee brings to a company? And that a bonus should probably be something along the line of 5% to 10%, not a f*cking 120% bonus?

When I opened the envelope and to my horror counted ten $100 dollar bills, I felt nauseous and gross all over. This said employer had told me a couple of months before that he wanted "to take care of me" and that if I "stayed with him", then I did not have to worry "financially". With my earning above $50,000 per year, I can still f*cking put food in my own mouth and wipe my own sh*t. Well, thanks goodness, that I am not a f**king crack whore or otherwise, I'd be in big trouble, haha. Since this worthless piece of sh*t is my f*cking clinical preceptor until April 2011, I have to politely return this "bonus" to the F bag, instead of doing what I really wanted to do which is to let a grand piano fall on him from a height of ten stories. Christ, even the f*cking homeless dope-fiend whom I took care of while I worked in the hospital today, had more integrity then this f*cking sh*t ball. At least the harmless doppy stated straight out that he wanted narcotic, so what you wanna do about it.

Give me a man who works for $15 per hour who still lives with a roommate to split the rent along with a beer gut along with 2 other back-up girlfriends on the side instead of this pieceless work of sh*t with his F*cking palatial estate/ride and his patients/colleauges who gushed over how great he was, blah, blah, blah... well he might have saved their f*cking mothers' lives, but he ain't doing rite by me. FFF!!!

Thank you for listening.
Last edited by: Jean: Dec 24, 10 21:23
Quote Reply
Re: So, apparently, I am worth ten $100 dollar-bills. [Jean] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow!

And 15 minutes before Christmas Day at that...

Perhaps being gracious to this person for their generosity and then donating the windfall to someone less fortunate than you would bring you peace.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: So, apparently, I am worth ten $100 dollar-bills. [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thank you, may consider that.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry ladies, I was snooping around the Womens and couldn't stop myself from posting. I won't do it again.

Jean- So you'd be happy with an $80 bonus, but are upset over receiving a $1,000 bonus...?

Your post confirms my long held belief that, no matter how much or how little most of my employees perceive the Quarterly bonuses that I pay, they're seldom satisfied. I wish I was shocked over your rant, but sadly I'm not.

In this economy, If you don't feel like you've earned your bonus, then I'd feel blessed that I was working for an organization that regards the expected value of my contribution enough to reward me for my work. If not, just give it away and stop your complaining. There's tons of people on ST that would give their left arm to have your "problem". Check the Jobs Forum lately?

The only bright spot in your post is that you don't work for me.

Merry Christmas...

Lifeguard: "Do you need help?" Me: "No, that's just my butterfly."
Last edited by: TriHard Indiana: Dec 25, 10 5:57
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
And that a bonus should probably be something along the line of 5% to 10%, not a f*cking 120% bonus?

it's actually 125%

100/80 = 1.25 * 100 = 125 %

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: So, apparently, I am worth ten $100 dollar-bills. [TriHard Indiana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>The only bright spot in your post is that you don't work for me. <<

AMEN!

Merry Christmas!

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You really need to get over yourself.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Unless you feel that you are a shitty employee or have slept with your boss, I don't get it. While I don't knowthe guy, it could be that he sees the potential you have to bring a lot of business in the future and there for wants to increase the likelyhood that you will stay with the organization long term. It wouldn't be the first time an employer has done this.

Since this worthless piece of sh*t is my f*cking clinical preceptor

Wow...I can honestly say that I've never in my life seen such a lack of gratitude. Give the money to someone who needs it.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Drunk post? Wow!!! Just, Wow!!!

When it's good, it's good. When it's bad, you suffer.
Dan
Quote Reply
Re: So, apparently, I am worth ten $100 dollar-bills. [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
:-(
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Soon you will be visited by three spirits:
The spirit of Christmas past, the spirit of Christmas present and the spirit of Christmas to come...

Lifeguard: "Do you need help?" Me: "No, that's just my butterfly."
Quote Reply
Re: So, apparently, I am worth ten $100 dollar-bills. [WryMouth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WryMouth wrote:
Drunk post? Wow!!! Just, Wow!!!

My thought as well. With such an unflattering portrait, I hope the OP has second thoughts and deletes the post.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Brutal. I'm not even going to rehash what the others have said. What do you control, what do you influence? You control YOU and your reaction. Period. So nut up or shut up. Time to accept some responsibility for this situation you allude to being in wrt your employer...Either do something about it or drop it.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What else is going on in your life?
Quote Reply
Re: So, apparently, I am worth ten $100 dollar-bills. [jdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has to be the worse and most foul post I have ever read. You must have a very low opinion of yourself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I dunno to the outrage expressed in the thread. I actually read the first paragraph of the OP thinking that the boss wanted to buy a little more than employee good will with the money IYKWIM. Maybe it is just having been through so many sexual harassment experiences in my work history (the 80s were not easy in a male field) but that was the vibe I got from the 1st paragraph. The rest I kinda glossed over. :) missing letters do that to me.

http://harvestmoon6.blogspot.com
https://www.caringbridge.org/visit/katasmit

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jean wrote:
Today, my part-time job employer gave me a Christmas basket that his office gave to business contacts along with an envelope containing ten $100 dollar-bills while mumbling something under his breath that it was my year-end "bonus" or some mumble-jumbo. Now, I would gladly accept that ten $100 dollar-bills as my year-end "bonus" if I had brought in enough business to merit that. The fact was, I had only brought in about a total of $ 800 dollar of GROSS profit to the company since I was hired part-time a couple of months ago. Am I not correct that the year-end bonus should be something like a percentage of the total profit (net profit) that an employee brings to a company? And that a bonus should probably be something along the line of 5% to 10%, not a f*cking 120% bonus?

When I opened the envelope and to my horror counted ten $100 dollar bills, I felt nauseous and gross all over. This said employer had told me a couple of months before that he wanted "to take care of me" and that if I "stayed with him", then I did not have to worry "financially". With my earning above $50,000 per year, I can still f*cking put food in my own mouth and wipe my own sh*t. Well, thanks goodness, that I am not a f**king crack whore or otherwise, I'd be in big trouble, haha. Since this worthless piece of sh*t is my f*cking clinical preceptor until April 2011, I have to politely return this "bonus" to the F bag, instead of doing what I really wanted to do which is to let a grand piano fall on him from a height of ten stories. Christ, even the f*cking homeless dope-fiend whom I took care of while I worked in the hospital today, had more integrity then this f*cking sh*t ball. At least the harmless doppy stated straight out that he wanted narcotic, so what you wanna do about it.

Give me a man who works for $15 per hour who still lives with a roommate to split the rent along with a beer gut along with 2 other back-up girlfriends on the side instead of this pieceless work of sh*t with his F*cking palatial estate/ride and his patients/colleauges who gushed over how great he was, blah, blah, blah... well he might have saved their f*cking mothers' lives, but he ain't doing rite by me. FFF!!!

Thank you for listening.

================================================================================

A drunk post that she edited a few minutes later. Me, I'd be grateful for this. If this company had a great year, then he is sharing this with employees. I really don't get your rage and language, unless something else happened. And late on Christmas eve too?
Quote Reply
Re: So, apparently, I am worth ten $100 dollar-bills. [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would like to clarify that the employer who gave me the bonus of $1,000 is from my SECOND JOB of which I earn about $50 every TWO weeks. So, it definitely does NOT pay well. About every two weeks, I go visit one of my employer's patients at the patient's home and gets paid $50 for a 60 minute visit. Overall this year I have earned a total of $ 900 from this second job. I was suspicous of the $1,000 year-end bonus especially given the fact that when I first started working for this individual he had wanted, to put it bluntly, and yes, it is oh so old and tired, and so damningly conventionally sordid- me as his mistress.

He was not happy when I returned the money but I wanted to leave no room for the slightest misunderstandings. As my clinical preceptor for my school for the next couple of months, I need him to impart his clinical wisdom to me, i.e., to give me a fishing rod and teach me how to fish, instead of trying to distract me with freebies.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bingo. The main thing is that you are in control of many things albeit not all things. I'm glad you decided to make sure the playing field was clear so to speak.

nicely done.

hang in there.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
George Bernard Shaw was at a fancy social dinner. He turned to the socialite sitting next to him and asked "Madam, would you sleep with me for a million dollars?" "Yes, I would," replied the woman. Shaw then asked "Would you sleep with me for ten dollars?" The woman exclaimed "What kind of woman do you think I am?" To which Shaw replied "We've already determined that. What we're doing is figuring out the price."

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Depending on how you returned the $1,000, you may have made things worse.

Sometimes people want it more and will try even harder to get it when you tell them they can't have it.

[It's really too bad you couldn't have donated the money (but I understand the reason to return it), sounds like this dude doesn't need it...]
Quote Reply
Re: So, apparently, I am worth ten $100 dollar-bills. [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: So, apparently, I am worth ten $100 dollar-bills. [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
trackie clm wrote:
You really need to get over yourself.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Was his name Al Czervik? Did he ask you if wanted to make 14 dollars the hard way?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dgxzItaQzw (:37 seconds into the clip)
Quote Reply
Re: So, apparently, I am worth ten $100 dollar-bills. [timboricki] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I like how this thread has brought all the male lurkers out of the woodwork

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply

Prev Next