Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Ironman Triathlon tattoos
Quote | Reply
Thinking of getting an ironman triathlon tattoo.
Now done 5 Ironman races want soemthing a bit special.
Googled ironman Tattoos loads of stuck nothing relating to the M dot.
Cant find one web site with lots of Ironman or Triathlon tattoos anyone out there come across such a thing?
Do send me a link.

Just a Triathlete & Ironman finsiher
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [agegrouptri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can find lots of Ironman triathlon tattoos on the link below.
Many were taken at Ironman Kona 2010 swim start this year.
If you want to add yours to the site just send them in.
They are either discreet or over the top, should give you a good idea from the selection already listed.
http://www.ironmate.info/...red/ironman-tattoos/
Last edited by: ironmate: Dec 23, 10 10:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This topic keeps coming up, and I just can't help tossing this one out (again)....there are two types of Ironman athletes; those with a tattoo, and those that don't need one....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hello agegrouptri and All,

Recently I read that WTC exercised closer control over Ironman Expos.

Is a one time fee or a yearly renewable license fee required for an Mdot tattoo?

If so - what is the amount and terms?

Are previous Mdot tattoos grandfathered in?

http://blog.trademarkia.com/tag/disney-trademark/

............. The scope of protection is usually only a matter of degree regardless of whether character protection arises under federal trademark law (Lanham Act), state common law of trademarks or unfair competition.

Don’t believe us? The US courts have recognized trademark protection for graphic characters and have found trademark infringement liability under both trademark and unfair competition law. In Fisher v. Star Co. the cartoon characters Mutt and Jeff were protected by the court under trademark and unfair competition principles which found the Star Company liable for their unauthorized use of the characters ................................

Cheers,

Neal

Cheers, Neal

+1 mph Faster
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [ironmate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi
Thanks they are brilliant, lots of different ones, girlfriend thinks they are great although she still does not want me to get a tattoo.

Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [nealhe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You raised some good points.
If you fail to pay your levy for the M dot will soemone come along and cut your leg off or ban you from future M dot ironman races?
Think I will wait, that will please the girlfirend.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats good just let people think who is that middle aged in shape man. No tat needed.

Quote | Reply
Before you get any tattoo consider that it is something you will still hve when you are 50, 60, 70 years old. Will you still want it then? If so- proceed. If in doubt, perhaps better to wait.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
First, to piggy-back off the recent disdain for WTC here as we close out the year, are you sure you want to brand a corporate logo on to yourself? Maybe add the Wal-mart logo or the Golden Arches to go along with it? Unsuspecting viewers might think you just really love the Ironman mattress or treadmill from Costco.

Second, the true weight and measure of being an Ironman lies in the heart, not on the skin. Pass on the tat.

DCB Athlete Advocate
powered by Tribe Multisport
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [Cufe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cufe wrote:
This topic keeps coming up, and I just can't help tossing this one out (again)....there are two types of Ironman athletes; those with a tattoo, and those that don't need one....

Then there's the third: those of us who had tattoos long before we started doing triathlons, so getting an IM tattoo when the time comes is no big deal.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [Cufe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote:
)....there are two types of Ironman athletes; those with a tattoo, and those that don't need one....

I would add a third type, those that feel they need to point out that they don't need one... Lots of ST'ers in that catagory.

Thom

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
agegrouptri wrote:
Hi
Thanks they are brilliant, lots of different ones, girlfriend thinks they are great although she still does not want me to get a tattoo.
You have got a smart girlfriend. I have posted before, those tattoos are tapped and played out. That m-dot means nothing. A triathlon of any distance takes work and the longer distances requires even more work but with so many doing them, they are just races and nothing more. To do and finish and Ironman is an accomplishment but a silly corporate logo inked on ones body should not be the symbol of it.

Quote | Reply
Fail:

Dude there are lots of different types of people, including those who publicly broadcast Bible passages.

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [coopdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was not thinking of having 5 M dots tattoos with different dates like on the link, thinking of just one discreet one like the small one on the site that Ironmate suggested.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If you want to rock at a tatt, roll with it. It's a personal decision, just know some people will think it is cool and some will think it is stupid. It's all up to you. As far as the corporate logo argument, I would like to see these 150 lb Internet triathlon tough guys say that to a big dude with a Harley tatt. Now THAT would be cool.

I *heart* weak, dumb ass people...
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [coopdog] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My mom has a tattoo that reads:

"Son"
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom Demerly wrote:
Before you get any tattoo consider that it is something you will still hve when you are 50, 60, 70 years old. Will you still want it then? If so- proceed. If in doubt, perhaps better to wait.

Just got mine, I'm 54, means more at this age then when I was 30.:)

Mike
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [MRoudabush] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If you can do an ironman then you are not too old for a tattoo at any age
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yet again another "rare" display of inflated self importance on ST. The OP wanted examples to compare and make a personal decision and seems to have received that. Nowhere did I see the OP ask opinions on if the Mdot was cool and if he should get one. As someone said in another thread, if you won't walk up to a guy w/an Mdot at a race and share your view of the world w/o being asked to, why do it here? And no, I don't have one. I just believe that the freedom of speech comes with the obligation to use it responsibly. Get over yourself and realize that it doesn't matter what you or I think.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [edtlonsway] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
edtlonsway wrote:
Yet again another "rare" display of inflated self importance on ST. The OP wanted examples to compare and make a personal decision and seems to have received that. Nowhere did I see the OP ask opinions on if the Mdot was cool and if he should get one. As someone said in another thread, if you won't walk up to a guy w/an Mdot at a race and share your view of the world w/o being asked to, why do it here? And no, I don't have one. I just believe that the freedom of speech comes with the obligation to use it responsibly. Get over yourself and realize that it doesn't matter what you or I think.

Boo-hoo-hoo. Why did you reply?????

Quote | Reply
That was a great retort, for a 12 year old. You are a truly value added to this community.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
edtlonsway wrote:
That was a great retort, for a 12 year old. You are a truly value added to this community.
"Get over yourself."

Quote | Reply
For the record, I have no desire to point out that I don't need one.

Damn, that's a cold ass honkey.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Triathlon tattoos [travelmama] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll get right on that Ingrid. Thanks so much for your valuable insight. Maybe between cleaning houses you can post a more thoughful response.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for all your feedback regarding tattoos & Ironmate for the link to a collection of Ironman tattoos, much appreciated.
Quote Reply

Prev Next