Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Serra (as in Fr Juniperro) in San Mateo, CA. Also known for Jim Fregosi (Angels way back in the day...) Lynn Swann (1 year behind me) and Barry Bonds.
Also our swim team was #2 in the nation for most of the '70s under the great Gus DeGara, arguably the best swim coach of all time. We were 2nd only to Santa Clara, who recruited every great swimmer from anywhere in the world. We had no recruiting budget, so while coach Haynes brought in proven winners, coach DeGara trained a bunch of schmucks like me to consecutive Catholic league and Northern Cal championships from my second varsity year in 1967 until he retired.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
cool. I am a Nor-Cal boy too. I grew up in Monterey. Monterey High 1978. The only claim to fame from Monterey High was Mike Aldretti who played for the Giants....and Ray Cardinale, kicker for Stanford back in the Jim Plunkett days.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's pretty cool. I love my T1 but can't imagine throwing a NFL pass in it. I know it's flexible and all but it doesn't seem THAT flexible.

------------------------------
"Unless you have a ... GF who might put out that night and that night only ... skip it and race." - AndyPants 3-15-2007
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I buy a T1 will I be able to marry like Tom Brady?

Favorite Gear: Dimond | Cadex | Desoto Sport | Hoka One One
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emilio, this is no surprise. DeSoto is so awesome, it cannot be contained by one sport.

-------
http://www.y-rocket.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [logella] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Your biggest issue In throwing a football is not the flexibility of the T1 Wetsuit, but rather the shoulder pads. If you have ever worn the shoulder pads, helmet, kidney wraps, and all the gear and thrown a football you get a true appreciation of of how good these quarterbacks really are.

T1 Wetsuits are a none issue for them.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for sharing this story Emilio...too cool, especially to an old football player-turned-triathlete! As for growing up in Monterey, I'm jealous. Spent two years there at DLI and would do just about anything to get back. That place is paradise!
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [navytriathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My mother was the director of the Spanish department at the DLI for 30 years. During that time, we lived just outside the base on Taylor st. Remember Compagno's Market? Right up from there

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Happy, healthy, successful new year, Emilio (and everyone else)!

On one of the game broadcasts, they actually joked about one of the players wearing a wetsuit and that the reporters asked the player(s) about it. I really thought they were kidding, and were really just wearing heavyweight polypropelene perhaps with a wind-blocking element (like some tights have)!

Very cool! It's a category you never explored! Think about the opportunities in this economy -- be creative, etc., etc. All the poor schleps who have to man the signage at construction sites on the roads in the winter, other outdoor workers in the winter. It all makes sense, especially the flexibility and ease of use of a two-piece like yours.

In a former life, Hellriegel was my training partner. Going head to head all day, I let him win at Kona in 1997.
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [bad929] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
....and the story gets better, Matt Cassel from the Chiefs ordered one for his cold weather games.

So I take it you are moving the company from SAN DIEGO to the Chiefs area now?

Atleast now I know who to be mad at when the Bolts miss the playoffs!

:)

I'm sure Cassel learned it from Brady since he was backup quarterback in New England before going to Kansas City. Cassel took over when Brady went down with injury a couple years back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dammit, I knew it was only a matter of time before someone posted a picture of that Brazilian beeyotch who stole my boyfriend :)

Emilio, on behalf of womens everywhere, I suggest getting Tom to model in your next catalog. I'm thinking a tropical beach with Tommy holding or posing with said wetsuit. Anything as long as you don't actually have him wearing the suit, otherwise it would defeat the purpose.

Thanks, The Womens
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maybe Belicheck wears one too but you'd never know because he cut off the the sleeves!

That's really cool Emilio, maybe you should consider creating a line specifically for this; I'm not sure how the market would be for it though since I'm a California boy that complains when it gets under 60!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow! And who could forget Compagno's? I lived down the hill from there off of Spencer St...I'll remember that view of the Bay for the rest of my life! I started running while I was stationed there and Big Sur Marathon was my first (and only) stand-alone Marathon. Saturday morning runs through Pebble Beach...weekday runs out at Point Lobos...surfing off of Lover's Point. An athlete's paradise! I guess that's where you established your "base" for such a successful triathlon career/lifestyle? Too cool!

Tony
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So you're to blame for my Bears getting a shellacking last week!!! Has Cutler ordered one yet?
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [TriSRV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Emilio, this is no surprise. DeSoto is so awesome, it cannot be contained by one sport.

How long before an NBA player wears the tri-shorts and a skin-cooler jersey for their compressive and ventilation qualities? Or a baseball pitcher does his long toss warmups in a T1? Or soccer players start wearing skin-coolers on warm days? Hey, the World Cup in Qatar is only 12 years away, Emilio. Better start the marketing blitz. :-)

Only drawback I see: The NFL has a history of being really, really anal about what players wear under their uniforms (Darryl Talley of the Bills and his Spiderman long-sleeved top comes to mind), and if they find out Reebok doesn't make the T1...

Signed,

A dedicated DeSoto wearer

-------------------------------------------
"The hero is someone in continual opposition to the status quo. The hero is always becoming himself." Jos� Ortega y Gasset.

"The enthusiasm (absorbing or controlling possession of the mind by any interest or pursuit) is needed before breaking the milestone and not after." Sergio Escutia, on Lukas Verzbicas' subdued reaction to breaking 4 minutes in the mile.
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [Kaka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Its Nike starting next year....
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [Hammstah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks. We have explored it longer than most here on the forum can imagine.

Say hello to Tomas for me.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
okay cool, yeah I will give him a call and invite him out to San Diego. Maybe even pay for a Southwest flight for him and buy him lunch~

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [squid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cutler has not ordered one, but if you or anyone has any contacts with other pro teams, please let me know.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If you are watching tonights game, Tom Brady is wearing a T1 First Wave under his jersey. It is cut just above the elbow. How do I know? Because we sold it to him and I keep seeing it under his jersey and the navy blue shirt he has on.

But the story gets better. After he bought one just a little over a week ago before the Bears game, 3 other players from the Patriots ordered them.

....and the story gets better, Matt Cassel from the Chiefs ordered one for his cold weather games.

If you are watching the game, pay close attention to his right arm. Every now and then the you can a he has on something black as his base layer, and you can see the First Wave logo as the navy blue shirt he has on creeps up a bit.

Cool! I don't get the significance of "They are paying full price." I paid full price for my T1 First Wave wetsuit. Was I supposed to get a discount? If I was, I'll pm you my address. By the way, great wetsuit and very flexible in the arms/shoulders. Guess that's why a quarterback likes it too.

Team Endurance Nation
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [QuintanaRooster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Cool! I don't get the significance of "They are paying full price." I paid full price for my T1 First Wave wetsuit. Was I supposed to get a discount? If I was, I'll pm you my address. By the way, great wetsuit and very flexible in the arms/shoulders. Guess that's why a quarterback likes it too.

What I mean buy "They are paying full price" is that when I was a pro triathlete I expected to get all the product I used in one of three levels:

1. I get paid to use and endorse the product, or
2. I get the product for free, or
3. I get the product at a discounted price.

It is probably not too different that what pro triathletes demand now. These "pros" albeit, they are pro football players, not triathletes, paid full price...that's all.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Philip Rivers and Nate Kaeding might want a T1 for this Sundays game in Cincinnati ;-)

brrrrrrrrrr....!!!!

GO BOLTZ!!

**All of these words finding themselves together were greatly astonished and delighted for assuredly, they had never met before**
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [Mojozenmaster] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Philip Rivers and Nate Kaeding might want a T1 for this Sundays game in Cincinnati ;-)

brrrrrrrrrr....!!!!

GO BOLTZ!!

I have a call into their equipment manager already.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
So cool, Emilio! You ALWAYS were a leader in the pack, sir! Best wishes for the holidays and 2011!

After tonight's game, Cutler might not need one but Favre will! BTW, Urlacher certainly doesn't need one! The man's neck alone is 20 inches deep of muscle and gristle! On the post-game show he was wearing a t-shirt, no hat, no sleeves, etc.

Hellriegel is forever the man!

In a former life, Hellriegel was my training partner. Going head to head all day, I let him win at Kona in 1997.
Quote Reply
Re: Some of the highest paid pros are wearing T1 Wetsuits and they are paying full price: Tom Brady is one of them. [Hammstah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
>>So cool, Emilio! You ALWAYS were a leader in the pack, sir! <<

If the Chiefs keep winning, GO DeSoto!!

But there is another wetsuit company who ventured into another market quite a bit before this.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next