Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

100/100 challenge
Quote | Reply
Who is signed up? My first marathon is day 102 of the challenge! I'm in. Shooting for "bronze" with a chance for a higher level.

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 challenge [Tri3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think I signed up, at least I have a training log now. (I'm a bit electronically challenged at times) Did 5 miles on Weds 12/17 and 3.5 miles today. Hope to get some runs in this weekend as well. Good luck to you.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I signed up too, time to focus on running.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in with runs of 8.7, 7, 6.6, and 6.7 miles Wed thru today.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm unofficially in. I'm getting back into running from a rough fall and some plantar faciitis for the last month. I don't want to ramp up too quickly so I'm not holding myself to the 30 minute run requirement. If I can run 6 days a week, sometimes 7, I'm happy even if the runs are only 20 minutes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 challenge [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
unofficially in is good. Happy to hear the PF is getting better.

Hopefully you won't have to do one of those huge snowshoe trips to get supplies like you did a few years ago!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
when does this start?? I can't start running until the new year. Have to wait from clearance from dr on the 5th

Lana

Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 challenge [tri_2005] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Started Dec 15

How's the little munchkin?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm shooting for Bronze as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in. I hereby pledge to run 6 days a week. If possible. I'm going to attempt to work up to my first half mary at the end of march, (The NYC half marathon) this is a GREAT way to start : )

12/19 5.5mi, 12/20 3mi, 12/21 2mi, 12/22 3mi
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in and should do well as I'm training for a 50k in Feb and 60k in March. My fear is over-use injury. I need to only run 5 days a week and not split up the runs. However, twice already I have done a run on a scheduled day off just to fill the log--not smart. My body is also very sore from running on horrible trail surface, covered with uneven crunchy snow. It's getting very old. It is supposed to warm up (indiana) later in the week. Of course, the trails will then be a muddy mess. Ugh. I hate running on the road and try to always avoid.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am participating, but have my own log for this. I've actually done 28 runs in the last 28 days, so I'll shoot for 115 in 115...
I work near the arctic circle at a mining camp and live in the subarctic - just finishing my first year up here. Who knew that winter running in Yellowknife was so amazing? There are hundreds of km's of snowmobile trails over frozen lakes and through the woods - packed down to just the most amazing trail running surface. Also, in the winter, you don't have to worry about the bears, although I did see a wolf last week. It's a winter wonderland, all just 1km away from my door.
Half the week, I run on a treadmill at the mining camp gym and the other half the time, it's outside in -20C.
I think wool is the secret to winter running. I wear wool Icebreaker base layers and WigWam -40 wool socks in regular running shoes (one size larger than normal).
I am aiming for the Rock and Ice ultra in March - 6 day subarctic ultra. Cycling is my thing, but running *feels* so good!
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 challenge [imsquared] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dumb question, do you wear anything over your mouth when you run?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I went up North for a few days this wk, my 4 yr old & I were going to enjoy some sledding & snowshoe fun!
It was -22, with wind gusts up to 55km/ hr.... I ran once, hill drills up & down the drive way, that felt amazing but only lasted 70minutes because my nose was completely numb and my 4 yr old kept opening the door yelling at me to come inside before I blew away forever...
no sledding, no snowshoes, no running for my son at all.

Wish I had read him your post, he's a competitive little guy- it would have gotten him out the door!!!

Great motivation in these cold months to know someone out there is colder than I, and still out running!!
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 challenge [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah - I have a whole bunch of Salomon buff's - I usually use the fleece-lined winter one. I have to reposition many times, especially as moisture condenses and freezes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Woo who! Got two short doubles in this week so I'm all caught up--16 runs in 16 days. Only 84 more to go!

No coasting in running and no crying in baseball
Quote Reply