Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [michaelgasser17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most likely an undersized seatpost. A few recent references to it in this thread. Your LBS should have no problem getting a remedy from our warranty and tech services troops.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Do you know if I could just go direct with Trek? I live in Italy, and they don't exactly have a Trek store within like 1000 miles of me.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [michaelgasser17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Our website feedback form is probably the best way to do it then. Don't worry too much about which of the category dropdown choices to go with...if you describe the issue in the comments field it'll get routed correctly.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome. Thanks.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Wow...you got almost halfway back through this thread to find my response to motobob and missed #843 along the way? I JEST!! No doubt that one popped up first in a search.
Undersized post, which our tech services gang has ready-to-go remedies for when you or your LBS gives them a shout. Curious though: which model SC do you have?

Carl/anybody else, can I confirm what the remedy *should be* for this. My LBS has got in touch with Trek here in the UK. They are offering to send me a shim rather than one of the newer seatposts.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Add this to the club! Great bike, rides on a rail and "feels" super fast.

Kuddos to the Trek team on this project, great bike!

I did get the 100/10 stem, and yes, i left the DI2 trim gauge out just to be on the safe side.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What type of trainer is everyone using with their SC? I have a Saris Fluid trainer that won't work. Any recommendations?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey paxman...check out screamin's snapshot just above and you'll get a decent feel for what my medium+100/10 setup looks like. I've got a couple more cm of post showing and my pads are a couple cm aft of his, but the pad spacer stack is about spot-on.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [zamm0] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's probably because new posts are not far enough into the pipeline. The shim option is the fastest way to get you rolling securely.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am 5'9" with very short legs and a very long torso, so I wish I could have more mast showing! I will say I usually have to buy bigger bikes than I would like to get the reach correct, but this bike is perfect and looks good!

Since the pic I moved my extensions back ( I like my thumbs resting on the di2 shifters right behind the buttons) and dropped my stack height to the 2 small shims.

I love the bullhorn geometry! I can climb and accelerate out of the saddle like I am road riding. Knees don't even get close to hitting anything either, most set ups you don't get it both ways!

Again, great bike, and it does look good!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [screamin] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
5'9" and evenly proportioned...so there ya go.

Do my eyes deceive me or are you one of the enlightened who run their Di2 pods face-up?

Glad you like the bullhorns...the general vibe is that they may be a tad too forward-swept, and maybe we could've left the knee clearance in there while pulling the brake lever mounts back. It's something we'll consider for the future.

I like the look you've gone for...those DA wheels do look nice. Now about those blinding white sticks out front...

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,
Can you take a look at my order. I ordered a SC 9.9 from Summit City Cycles in Ft Wayne Indiana on Oct 14th it was an XL Stock color bike. I was told when I ordered it 21 days for delivery after 21 days no bike I was told Dec 14th Yesterday talk to Summit City it's now pushed back to Jan 11. Is there something holding it up? It seems like other guys are getting their bikes? I think that Nick Howe was checking on it he had hit me up on Twitter about it.

Thanks,
Joe Hysong
Last edited by: joehysong: Dec 15, 10 12:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Face up, only way to go and I suggest everybody that runs Di2 do it, makes life much easier!

If the base bars came in white, it would match better! :)

On a personal note, I grew up with Paul Rogers, he is your graphics and design department. Say hi to him for me!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nice bike
About to purchase one though i have a couple of questions.
1) what are those aerobar extensions
2) how do you like the Di2
3) what is the ride quality whilst standing up, is there much flex.
I do not know what my stack and reach is, any ideas on frame size for 5'5' guy

thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I am 5'9" with very short legs and a very long torso, so I wish I could have more mast showing! I will say I usually have to buy bigger bikes than I would like to get the reach correct, but this bike is perfect and looks good!

Since the pic I moved my extensions back ( I like my thumbs resting on the di2 shifters right behind the buttons) and dropped my stack height to the 2 small shims.

I love the bullhorn geometry! I can climb and accelerate out of the saddle like I am road riding. Knees don't even get close to hitting anything either, most set ups you don't get it both ways!

Again, great bike, and it does look good!

Don't we all... don't we all....

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hey paxman...check out screamin's snapshot just above and you'll get a decent feel for what my medium+100/10 setup looks like. I've got a couple more cm of post showing and my pads are a couple cm aft of his, but the pad spacer stack is about spot-on.

OK. Got that. Would probably have more mast showing on my frame as well (if I got the medium) but the stacks may be lower. BUT, would still like to see (now that you've mentioned it) the new gizmos and gadgets on the front end of your SC.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [obe] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The extensions are the profile cobra t2 I think? Besides being white ( for Carl) I have always liked the way the are contoured to the hands, just more comfortable for me.

Di2.... I made a joke to a friend of mine that when I get on my road bike with SRAM red, that I can barely stand using this "junk"! The stuff is that good. I still race crits and road races, so the replacement cost for di2 after crashing is what is keeping me from putting it on.

I would go small, but you are asking a guy that has always believed in the small bike/ long stem style. My trek road bike is a 52.

Paul, yes we all want more seat mast, I do okay in the "Mast" area, at least that is what the girls in spin class say! :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hey there to anyone with the Di2 on the SC .... can you use the brake mounted buttons? i was fooling around with the P1 site and it looks like the brakes are bontrager only?

can you get the Di2 brake buttons?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [dsmallwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, if you order the Di2 bike it should come with the Di2 brake levers. P1 site sometimes is not 100% accurate.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [drewmc3656] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What type of trainer is everyone using with their SC? I have a Saris Fluid trainer that won't work. Any recommendations?

What problem do you have with the Saris trainer?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Most likely an undersized seatpost. A few recent references to it in this thread. Your LBS should have no problem getting a remedy from our warranty and tech services troops.

Carl,

I got my SC7 last week and on my first ride I was about 20 miles out and my seat slipped down to the top tube. Took the bike to my LBS and they are working with Trek and taking care of it. I am confident it will be fixed within a week or so, what ever the solution may be.

BTW, the bike (SC7) is ridiculously comfortable, smooth, positive shifting, predictable and stupid fast. When it get it back from the shop, I will snap some pics and post them on ST.

Mark
Northern California
Trek 1500 SLR Road
Trek SC7 Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [MKAH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had seat post slipping problems on my TTX and on my SC 9.9. The LBS where I got the bikes used white grease on the seat post. A different LBS recommended using "Finish Line" Fiber Grip Carbon Fiber assembly gel on the seat post. I did and the problem was solved. I have since informed the shop where I got the bikes to start using the assembly gel.

I am surprised that this has not been mentioned on this thread.

It works!

Wayne
New SC 9.9, warranty replacement for a 9.5 TTX
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [DubT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How complicated is it to adjust the brakes? Have looked at the online user manual, and can't work it out.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [triFP] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not overly complicated if you have the tools & just a little mechanical skill. What exactly are you wanting to adjust?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [drewmc3656] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nothing at this point, just wondering how complicated it would be to adjust when changing the wheels, or if you needed to recenter the brakes for any reason.
Quote Reply

Prev Next