Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Speed Concept frameset only [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Carl,

My local Trek dealer said that there is still no mention on the dealer site of framesets. When will 9.9 framesets be available?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept frameset only [eki1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tell them to look again. I work at a Trek dealer and they are clearly available to order on the dealer site.
Quote Reply
Re: UCI Speed Concept [campled] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

And yes, I could close the cover effortlessly.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Last edited by: paxfobiscum: Nov 16, 10 16:56
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The rubber hood over the top tube cable entry is a challenge to install.

Blimey yes! I've had to install it three times and struggled massively each time. Infact I gave up the third time, it just would go on properly. I can get either side and the end on but not both sides at the same time.

Anyone got any tips?
Quote Reply
Re: UCI Speed Concept [mrchopsaloty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Take a good sharp knife and cut out the underside of the cable cover where you see the holes. Get rid of the holes, cutting out a big open triangle. (Is that clear what I'm saying?) Then, take a zip tie and zip tie all the cables together (not too tightly though, just enough to hold them together) Slide the zip tie down into the frame so it kind of holds all of cables all together. Then, use a small flat head screwdriver to help you push the lip of the cable cover in.

Hope I'm being clear here, if not let me know and maybe I can post some pictures or something. Have done this with several customer bikes and my own and it worked fine.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Suggestions? Stop removing it. But seriously, getting it in took me about 1 minute. I think I squeezed it to get access into it and used a allen wrench to press the thing in.
Quote Reply
Re: UCI Speed Concept [drewmc3656] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pictures would be awesome, I have also struggled and have only managed to use it in 1/4 races since I got it, with Electrical Tape, which kind of worked...
Quote Reply
Re: UCI Speed Concept [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Man, thanks for posting. I will rethink my flat kit for IMAZ based on your pics. Big question.....do those tubies rub the draft box? I suppose I could buy another Vittoria Corsa Evo CX.....Kind of overkill though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ohhhhhhhhhh that tape is a lot better idea than electrical tape - just tear the tape and be done with it.

Nice pics -thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: UCI Speed Concept [drewmc3656] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Think I get what you mean. If you do get a chance to take a photo that'd be good though.
Quote Reply
Re: UCI Speed Concept [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
ohhhhhhhhhh that tape is a lot better idea than electrical tape - just tear the tape and be done with it.

Nice pics -thanks.

It is painter's tape from Home Depot. Strong enough to wrap the tubs tight but easy enough to tear when you need the tubs. I fold the tubs in a way that the tail fits flush on the bottom draft box. The fit of all items into the box is not tight and does not rattle. There is enough space for another smaller air cartridge inside the top cover.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I know this thread is for the SC, but can any one help me with the TTX sizing? Is the WSD small the same size as the "regular" small? I can't find the older geometry charts. The SC looks the same for both WSD and regular sizes.

Thanks,
Brian
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If I sold all of our furniture and bought a new bike to put in the living room, my wife would be totally pissed ;-)

In Reply To:

Last edited by: QuadsofFURY: Nov 17, 10 10:04
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [cbritri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
same frame.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: UCI Speed Concept [QuadsofFURY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If I sold all of our furniture and bought a new bike to put in the living room, my wife would be totally pissed ;-)

Touché !

Last edited by: paxfobiscum: Nov 17, 10 10:49
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Cut the center of the cable cover out like this:

Zip tie the cables together like this (I know mine is Di2 but you get the idea):

Then, the cables go all through the center and you can tuck the cover in pretty easily.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl - I am the proud owner of a new SC7. The bike is awesome and I've outfitted it with full SRAM Red and S80/S60. That said, I seem to be having trouble keeping the seat post in position. My LBS has looked at it and may be contacting Trek, however during both my RETUL fit, as well as my IM 70.3 last weekend the saddle sank down into the frame - has this been an issue on any of the other SC7's?

Thanks,
James
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [PETRO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Most likely an undersized seatpost issue...first seen on early 9-series bikes and diagnosed with the help of several ST-based owners. When the LBS contacts Trek technical services they'll have remedy options ready to go for you.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
@campled: Looking at your bike photo, I noticed the water bottle looks big yet also aero. Which bottle is it?

Thx, Tom
Quote Reply
Re: UCI Speed Concept [lewis3000us] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Specialized Virtue
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Carl - that's really helpful info.
Quote Reply
Re: UCI Speed Concept [Runless] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you using the Vertue because you already had it, or did you get it specifically for your new SC bike?
Quote Reply
Re: Speed Concept frameset only [drewmc3656] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Drew. Do you have a price for the 9.9 frameset? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I thought the frameset was $4700, which tends to fall into line with the 9.5 pricing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Trek MSRP for a SC frameset is $4724.99.
Quote Reply

Prev Next