Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

No more Janus Charity Challenge?
Quote | Reply
Disappointed to see this on Janus' Charity Challenge web page:

Given the deep impact this program has made on so many individuals, nonprofits and communities, we are disappointed to announce that our sponsorship with Ironman will not be continuing in 2011. While the program will remain in effect for Ironman Florida and Arizona in 2010, we were not able to structure an ongoing partnership with Ironman that would be mutually beneficial to both organizations.
Quote Reply
Re: No more Janus Charity Challenge? [GhiaGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's too bad, it was a good program
Quote Reply
Re: No more Janus Charity Challenge? [pocolocoman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I met with our Janus Funds rep this morning, they are done sponsoring Ironman, WTC wanted too much money for the renewal. Let the flames begin! To make it even more interesting, the gal from the Janus VIP program told me today that Ironman was spying on their operations and even taking pictures so they can emulate parts of their program!

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Last edited by: Bryancd: Nov 9, 10 15:19
Quote Reply
Re: No more Janus Charity Challenge? [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
While that does sound pretty crazy. It's not. Same thing happend to Ted Kennedy's CEO challenge program. Same reports too. Too much money and launching their own duplicate cloned copy.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: No more Janus Charity Challenge? [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
while not a 'challenge' of sorts...CEO or Janus...you could probably say the same of RaceDay vs. Ironman wheel rentals.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
God bless WTC,they are just so special.

Quote Reply
Re: No more Janus Charity Challenge? [-Tex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
long time ago, i wanted to do business with ironman,
on a bike ride, i was with one of there former Marketing person, who talk me out of it, because they would suck me dry, before i even made any money.
Quote Reply
Re: No more Janus Charity Challenge? [thierry64] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
WTC: The Wal-Mart of Triathlon.

-------------------------------------
Steve Perkins
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
While that does sound pretty crazy. It's not. Same thing happend to Ted Kennedy's CEO challenge program. Same reports too. Too much money and launching their own duplicate cloned copy.

Oh, yeah, I didn't think it sounded crazy at all, the gal at Janus was very disappointed, needless to say. She also mentioned that Ford may be rethinking their sponsorship due to the new terms WTC is proposing, apparently. That's a pure rumor/speculation from someone inside Janus.

Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: No more Janus Charity Challenge? [-Tex] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Exactly. And I have even more insider info on that copy/cloning/replication as well.

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Quote Reply
Re: No more Janus Charity Challenge? [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wonder if they plan on coming out with their own vehicles then?

{notice the absence of pink}

;-)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I wonder if they plan on coming out with their own vehicles then?

{notice the absence of pink}

;-)

Could you imagine the WTC branded SUV floating out in the water?!

Team ZOOT
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
WTC is after all a private company. What do you want socialized triathlons? Sponsorships will come and go over time. Frankly apart from the fund raising support they provided I have a very negative attitude toward Janus as a company
Quote Reply