Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Spring Womens of Slowtwitch Training Camp April 15-17
Quote | Reply
Where are we going and when are we going there?

I'm open at any time next year to going anyplace, as I didn't enter IM California in leu of Wildflower instead.

Any place, any time, ???

DFL > DNF > DNS
Last edited by: SallyShortyPnts: Jan 10, 11 8:20
Quote Reply
Re: Spring Womens of Slowtwitch Training Camp [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anywhere warm in February would work for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I haven't even thought about next year since I still have one more big competition this year! I may be doing a couple of long weekends in the spring in Seattle with my coach.

Tucson has great weather in the winter.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: Spring Womens of Slowtwitch Training Camp [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
A bunch of PNWers did a w/end in Walla Walla last April... and I'm up for almost anything in Jan thru early Feb - have IMNZ in early March ;-)

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Spring Womens of Slowtwitch Training Camp [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I remember that...New Zealand sounds even better! It's a little too long to commute for me though, even if a Kona slot is easier, the more remote the island becomes.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sally, I'm going to try to pull together a camp in Phoenix in January. I just moved last weekend but if you give me a bit of time I'm going to try to pull something intriguing together. Other ideas would be great too!
Quote Reply
Re: Spring Womens of Slowtwitch Training Camp [trailbait] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Erika, I'm potentially interested if it coincides with my Christmas break.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Arizona would definitely work! As long as we don't have to swim in the Tempe Town Tub again!

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would be up for something in Tucson! Warm weather and we could maybe get some clinics by Stover and the crew at TriSports. I'd be willing to pester them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Spring Womens of Slowtwitch Training Camp [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you might have to swim and bike a bit, run queen ;-)

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think anywhere in the southwest would be good, but if its up for discussion, I'm another vote for Tucson. Hubs is head of sales for QR and he's assured me that both TriSports and some of the QR sponsored female pros in the area would be on board for some clinics and/or training. I think I could probably get a little QR schwag out of him no matter where we are!
Quote Reply
Re: Spring Womens of Slowtwitch Training Camp [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nah, I'll just go for a run while everyone is swiming/cycling. I'll run the distance you all do in the pool and on the bike :-)

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know it is always fun to try out new places with all new workout venues and all, and in Tuscon you can get uncle Pauly to come over and tell you all some really juicy stories..But if you get in a pinch, you always have my place up here, you all know the program, so I do not have to explain all the perks..

Wherever you all go, I hope that I'm at least invited, I think I have at the very least earned my pink wings..(-;
Quote Reply
Re: Spring Womens of Slowtwitch Training Camp [monty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You still at Xantusia? I thought you were mooovin'....? and yes of course where ever the camp is, you would be MOST welcomed...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Spring Womens of Slowtwitch Training Camp [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ya, living in San Clemente most of the time, but we are still running camps, and I go up and do some training every couple weeks. The beach is great, but nothing like the training up in the clean air of the mountains..And Dan and I have to solve the worlds problems at least once every couple weeks..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I know it is always fun to try out new places with all new workout venues and all, and in Tuscon you can get uncle Pauly to come over and tell you all some really juicy stories..But if you get in a pinch, you always have my place up here, you all know the program, so I do not have to explain all the perks..

Wherever you all go, I hope that I'm at least invited, I think I have at the very least earned my pink wings..(-;

If you're cooking, then I'm coming; Thanks, Monty!

Do you have dates available that don't conflict with Bike Fit Seminars?

Does anybody else have updated alternatives to offer as prospective Camp dates?

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>>Do you have dates available that don't conflict with Bike Fit Seminars? <<

I'd be up for a week at Xantusia in the spring. Early as possible maybe.

I'm also looking at a week in the Pyrenees, probably late spring or early summer. Fantastic riding and a really great B&B. They do organized camps or diy.

http://www.pyreneesmultisport.com/

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The first 3 weeks of April are avaiable, and the weather is usually perfect around then. And I will definately be cooking, can't have all you ladies fighting it out in the kitchen, trying to figure out who has the best pie recipies!!!

Might even be able to find a local tri or bike race around that time if anyone is interested. But usually I know you all just like to chill and get your workouts in, then set it all back with my marvelous margaritas..(-;
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Monty, it would be great to have another camp in 2011. Let's see what we can pull together. Ladies? We have talked about mid-January in Phoenix/Tucson and now we have this option in April. What works best for everyone?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My first key race is April 10th (tentative date), a 50k, so the weekend of the 16th would work best for me.

I'll also research trail races in the area so maybe I can do a twofer.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember those marvelous "truth serum" margaritas and will remember that I'm at altitude and drink accordingly ;-)

April 15-17 is fine by me; actually any of the first three weeks would work. Despite what Monty says, it's not bikini season on the ranch; I got snowed on during one of my bike climbs and there is snow on the mountain tops as well. Later makes it warmer than earlier.

January is a tough time for me to get away. New Year's Resolution exercisers swamp the gyms. I'm a personal trainer and expected to be available to work with people while they're still motivated to come in.

"Might even be able to find a local tri or bike race around that time if anyone is interested." I'd be interested if anything is available. I didn't know that Wildflower involved camping, so I'm not as keen for that as I was before. Bikes are hard enough to transport; camping supplies are a deal-breaker for me.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Last edited by: SallyShortyPnts: Nov 8, 10 6:30
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't do mid April - can't leave school.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My first key race is April 10th (tentative date), a 50k, so the weekend of the 16th would work best for me.

I'll also research trail races in the area so maybe I can do a twofer.

Since you posted a preference, you get your wish (at least until Monty says otherwise). Let's plan on celebrating Tax Day by lifting a marvelous Monty margarita together! OK, and training too...

Tigerchick, we will miss you this year! When you're done with school, maybe you can join the Womens on some future sojourn. My premonition is that the window to visit Slowtwitch's official home is closing, with Monty's returning to a beach-front residence. We'll see what the future brings.

Jordan Rapp's lottery for World Bicycle Relief has also blessed us with a case of wine, which I will bring to share. It's a long way to the store from Xantusia and Monty might run out of tequila ;-)

DFL > DNF > DNS
Last edited by: SallyShortyPnts: Dec 6, 10 9:31
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The weekend of the 16th is a good weekend for me. Keep me posted on details.

Also, JenHS, let me know if you find a trail race in the area. I think I should be running again by April following RR100!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome! Now I just need to be sure I can afford it when the time comes Tongue

Jen

Quote Reply

Prev Next