Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman.com Bike Course Comparison Chart?
Quote | Reply
Where is the linkt to the chart that let's you select the profile for the North American IM races and compare one to the other? I cannot locate it on Ironman.com.

Thanks, John
Last edited by: johnnybefit: Sep 30, 10 14:42
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman.com Bike Course Comparison Chart? [johnnybefit] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone know where this link is? It let you overlay different IM course profiles.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't think it is online anymore. Which races are you curious about? I took a screenshot of the bike/run comparisons last year from it and could send it to you. I only had a few races selected though.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman.com Bike Course Comparison Chart? [Ace77] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am interested in comparision of Couer D'Alene and Louisville - both bike and run. I appreciate the offer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm pretty sure I only had Florida, CDA and Lake Placid since those were the ones I was considering. (I chose CDA...do it, it was amazing!!). I will dig it up and if I have Louisville I'll let you know. Someone needs to recreate that chart!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm pretty sure I only had Florida, CDA and Lake Placid since those were the ones I was considering. (I chose CDA...do it, it was amazing!!). I will dig it up and if I have Louisville I'll let you know. Someone needs to recreate that chart!

I would like to see CDA and Placid comparision please.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Where is the linkt to the chart that let's you select the profile for the North American IM races and compare one to the other? I cannot locate it on Ironman.com.

Thanks, John

I don't know if this will help you out but you can use mapmytri.com to build routes and it will give you a elevation profile of the route. Something to think about if you can't find what your looking for. http://mapmytri.com

Edit to add: Just did a quick search on the site and nothing came up for either fo the two. If you have the directions to the bike and run, then you can build the route. Good luck

Viva La Revolution

"dont get lost, dont act like you dont know, but if so, Look bad ass doing it"
Last edited by: BASE1330: Oct 2, 10 13:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The (course) section of the sites have them.
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman.com Bike Course Comparison Chart? [imsparticus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think what he is looking for is the interactive chart that you used to be able to see. You could select various IM North America courses and see the elevation profiles layered on top of one another...you could pick one, two, up to all of them. I don't know where they went. I suspect that they went wherever the search-able participants database went. Now all you get are text files with names, ages, and city, state.

Brandon Marsh - Website | @BrandonMarshTX | RokaSports | 1stEndurance | ATC Bikeshop |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Okay let me see if this works. I'm a total newbie at this and haven't posted pictures before.

Here all all of this bike elevations (sorry so small...I got this from a Google search recently and it shows them all).

Here is the bike course comparison for Ironman Florida, Ironman Couer d'Alene and Ironman Lake Placid (listed as USA).

Here is the run course comparison for Ironman Florida, Ironman Couer d'Alene and Ironman Lake Placid (listed as USA).

When I look at these I don't really know how "accurate" they really are. Ironman created them so you can't shoot the messenger :) If you are really serious, try mapping them on your own. I've trained on Lake Placid and did Coeur d'Alene this year and these charts make LP look soooo much worse. Personally, I didn't think it was so traumatic.

Coeur d'Alene was awesome by the way. I loved it and it was just challenging enough. Couldn't be happier with my choice!

Hope this helps!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is GREAT! Thanks so much.
Quote Reply