Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [MKAH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Has anyone seen or have a pic of the 2.5 head on? I've searched the net and can't find any. Dealers here won't have stock to look at for another 6-8 weeks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Weaver] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Wow....slammed!
Yeah, but the thing is that slammed still ain't all that low on a SC. For comparison, a medium SC slammed is like a Shiv with 5cm of spacers!

I hope Trek does release the under-bar extension mounting bracket.

TriRig.com
The Triathlon Gear Guide
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [JudgeNick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Allright guys, this thread is officially lame and overrated now. Let it die. Cervelo rules!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [drewmc3656] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got the R2C's on my 9.9 and even though I love them I've got to say that I am damn jealous of the Di2 setup you have. Looks slick, and from what I hear the shifting is impeccable. I've done my best to keep my hands off them for fear I would bankrupt myself if I knew what they felt like.

Making Triathlon Great Again
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
The Race X Lite Aeros weigh in at 1770 grams, with Velox rim tape installed, according to my scale. So for comparisons sake about 1750 grams without the tape.

A quick google search revealed a claimed weight of ~2200 for the SSRs.

Runless,

Thanks for the reply. Have you used the X lite Aeros enough to get a feel how they perform? When my SC7 arrives in a few weeks. I plan on changing out the SSR with some X Lite Aeros my LBS has. Since I am an amateur age grouper, I decided not to spend a ton of cash on wheels but knew I would probably change out the SSR's with something else.

Mark

I had a set of RXL Aero's built on a PT hub and was very impressed with both the stiffness and how well they performed in the wind. In the very limited testing I did between that set and my Hed 3 + PT wheel & cover, I couldn't see much difference fwiw.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [bhauser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
The Race X Lite Aeros weigh in at 1770 grams, with Velox rim tape installed, according to my scale. So for comparisons sake about 1750 grams without the tape.

A quick google search revealed a claimed weight of ~2200 for the SSRs.

Runless,

Thanks for the reply. Have you used the X lite Aeros enough to get a feel how they perform? When my SC7 arrives in a few weeks. I plan on changing out the SSR with some X Lite Aeros my LBS has. Since I am an amateur age grouper, I decided not to spend a ton of cash on wheels but knew I would probably change out the SSR's with something else.

Mark

I had a set of RXL Aero's built on a PT hub and was very impressed with both the stiffness and how well they performed in the wind. In the very limited testing I did between that set and my Hed 3 + PT wheel & cover, I couldn't see much difference fwiw.

Thanks, that's very helpful information.

Mark
Northern California
Trek 1500 SLR Road
Trek SC7 Triathlon
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Draft box comes in black with optional white stickers, both of which can be seen attached to different bike models on the Speed Concept pages of our website. Right now it's only visible to (and available via) dealers. I imagine the former will change once we have quantities in stock for aftermarket sales on 7- and 2-series bikes.

Speed Box ETA is a few weeks out right now.

Not sure what the SSR wheelset weighs, but the Race Aero weights are listed.

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Sep 26, 10 13:10
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [electusunus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In reverse order...

Thanks for the kind words. It's part of the job and a fun one at that.

Rev 2 of the draft box ETA is a few weeks out.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just got a speed concept that was a ttx warranty replacement.I really like it & Trek has really good customer service if you have any problems.It may take a bit to solve an issue,but ultimately Trek will fix any issue you have!!!Glad to hear about the fix for the draftbox, as that is the only issue that I have had with the bike.I took mine off the first day I got the bike because it was rubbing the back wheel.pouring rain outside today,what a bummer to have a new ride & see the weather like this!maybe tomorrow...
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [slamdunk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I just found a you tube video that shows the SC7. While the clip is not great, it does illustrate just how mean looking the SC7 is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h68A3oQYGtk

Mark
Northern California
Trek 1500 SLR Road
Trek SC7 Triathlon
Last edited by: MKAH: Sep 28, 10 17:21
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ironmancam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As mentioned earlier, I said I would report back after Augusta 70.3

Because I had a week of frustration with the junk trunk rubbing my tire after coming loose on training rides leading up to the race, I left the Trek at home and rode 22.3 mph on my Cervelo SLC road bike and loved every moment of the ride. If there is an official recall/fix on the rear storage box, could someone from Trek PM me? Thanks!

Quote | Reply
They have a second edition coming out, it's reported on the last couple of threads.

Why not just remove it for the time being?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TurboCurbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Have you had any shifting issues with your Red? I was told by my bike fitter that he had two people with SRAM Red who complained of terrible shifting on TSC 9.9. I have a Pinarello with 2008 SRAM Red and bar end shifters (not R2C) and have not been happy with the shift quality but was blaming it on my frame (per LBS). Just wanted to know if ANYONE out there has had shifting issues with their TSC 9.9's. Trying to decide on Red vs. DA though I'd consider Di2 if that was the best solution.

Primum Non Nocere, except to Kempy!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Jeff B.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Post: Have you had any shifting issues with your Red? I was told by my bike fitter that he had two people with SRAM Red who complained of terrible shifting on TSC 9.9. I have a Pinarello with 2008 SRAM Red and bar end shifters (not R2C) and have not been happy with the shift quality but was blaming it on my frame (per LBS). Just wanted to know if ANYONE out there has had shifting issues with their TSC 9.9's. Trying to decide on Red vs. DA though I'd consider Di2 if that was the best solution.

Nope, I haven't had any problems with the shifting. Lava Magazine had a pretty well done article that details the +'s and -'s between RTC's and the Di2.

Making Triathlon Great Again
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [T3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had rubbing issues with 22 or 23mm tires on the Speed Box, no issues with rubbing with the 19mm Bontrager TT tire though. I took 2 pieces of the thick foam double sided tape you can buy at Wal Mart or any hardware store, cut those two pieces to fit the part where the box meets the frame and voila, no more rubbing on any tire/wheel combination. Also the tape will protect the frame from any rubbing from the box. The two pieces of foam double sided tape when compressed between the box only added up to 2 or 3 mm, but made all the difference in the world. The project took all of 10 minutes to fix, including taking the rear wheel on or off. It's kind of lame that a expensive bike would have an issue like this, but fortunately that is the only problem I have had. Braking performance is exceptional, and the adjustability of the SC is outstanding. Very satisfied with this bike, wish I was as fast as it looks.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stitchboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Since draft box was mentioned, why is there not a P1 option to have the draft box color match the primary P1 color?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi All,

Am looking at pulling the trigger soon on a P1 SC from the Trek guys here in Singapore. Have race wheels already so looking to use that money saved on Di2. Just wanted to check:

1. If I am better to pull the trigger now or wait a couple more months till a few more of this little bugs are sorted out (e.g. Draft Box v2.0). My next race is Singapore 70.3 on March 20th so would want the bike before then and time for settling in preferably.

2. In terms of size I think I am an XL from the chart with either a 100/10 or 100/45 - though wouldn't mind some expert feedback. Fit dimensions of current 61" P3SL are:

Arm Pad Stack: 680mm
Arm Pad Reach: 535
BB Stack: 595
BB Reach: 695
Saddle Height: 800
Offset: 15

Btw - I am 6' 3" and around 190lbs, "A" Races are HIM and IM with a few OD's here and there.

----
There are many powers in the world, for good or for evil. Some are greater than I am. Against some I have not yet been measured. But my time is coming. - Tolkien.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [kevhill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just arrived and built up my Speed Concept here in Kona...super excited to get it out on the Queen-K!

but does anyone know how I can get my hands on the aero bento box for saturday? My local bike shop who brought the bike in for me says that they cant get their hands on one.

Anyone have any ideas since the traditional bento box doesnt work, given that there is no stem?

Thanks for the tips...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What Speed Concept did they send as a replacement? The 9 Series or 7 Series?

Visit The Chipotle Calorie Calculator
Last edited by: electusunus: Oct 2, 10 18:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Speed concept 9.9 top of the line for my replacement!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow nice gesture on their part!! Have fun with the new ride.

Visit The Chipotle Calorie Calculator
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Picked mine up today . . .

I haven't ridden it yet except a few minutes on the trainer. My first impression is that you really have to want this bike to both pay the price they're asking and deal with some of the hassles. Like, the brake doesn't have any release, so I have no idea what I'm going to do when I want to run a tire wider than 22mm. The bike did not come with any water bottle bolts and for some reason I thought it came with an integrated computer mount, but it doesn't. Also, if you are buying one of these things, get a torque wrench, you'll need it.

On the positive side, I picked up the Project 1 build two weeks after I ordered it, which is amazing turn around. The rear wheel doesn't use horizontal dropouts, which I hate. And I love how the paint turned out. I haven't seen any of this color posted, I think people are avoiding ordering it because it is labeled the WSD color, but I don't think it is a girly blue at all, much darker than I expected. While the bike seems like it's going to be a hassle, I'm sure it's fast as hell and can't wait for tomorrow to ride it.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is my new warranty replacement!!!I did take the speedbox off,as it rubbed the rear wheel.My rear brakes work great & I have no problem with the rear wheel.I am currently running a 23 tire on the back.Same as the front.There isnt alot of room there,but I can get the wheel in and out without any problems.
Get your shop to install some bolts & cages if you want.I had to put a computer mount between my aerobars,BUT I did change to a Bontrager Node computer,Which is pretty slick.It mounts in the chainstay & is more hitek than any computer that I have owned.
Enjoy the ride,I really like mine.Your Paint looks great!!!How do ya like the shifting?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [kevhill] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd probably lean towards the 100x45 setup. Cleaner look with the low spacer stack, and a less aggressive bullhorn position.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TurboCurbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx! I saw that article as well in Lava. Just pulled the trigger on a 9.9 w/ SRAM Red. Should be here next week sometime. Also got a new SRM (SRAM w/ PCVII). I was curious how TSC owners were mounting their PCVII's and how you were setting bike up for long course w/o draping a bunch of useless affectations on the bike cluttering up the aerodynamics (like the Hydrotail on my current Pina FP8). I currently really like having a bottle mount on my stem but understand that is a no go on this bike. Carl made some suggestions which were helpful but having the PCVII seems to complicate the bottle issue.
Thx to Carl for his help and to Todd Kenyon on fitting advice as well! Can't wait!

Quote Reply

Prev Next