Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Funny picture (got a caption?) [Black Plague] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"I race cause my Dad sucks!"
Quote Reply
Re: Funny picture (got a caption?) [de-tri-mental] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think it does a good job of advertising how custom they can go. Look at their other bikes to see more normal stuff. I think the wood bike really is a one of a kind job, just like this one.

Also, they only built this bike because someone commissioned it. Get mad at them, not kirklee.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sporting the latest prototype "daffy-duck" reverse aero helmet, not to mention other drool-worthy bling adorning her custom bike, Persephone De Rothschild looked over her shoulder and smirked and guffawed at the camera before the start of her race, confident in her ability to triumph over her costco-outfitted rivals.

or

Tracy's step-brother Rodney, looking on from the side-lines, wondered if his parents insistence that organ (limb) donation had been really necessary to fund his big step-sisters (and parents) racing aspirations..., considering the competitions shameful, and lacklustre, (obviously not taking it too seriously) turnout for the under 9's crit.

Parents with an "All the gear, no idea" approach me-thinks..., great picture!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This just in. Young lady at bike race is traumatized as Slowtwitch keeps referring to her as a boy. Also things get ugly as Slowtwitch judges the young lady and her parents as evil do to inanimate objects on her bike. SeasonsChange views it as disturbing making this reporter wonder if SC knows what disturbing means.

President Obama is now talking to the press. We go there live.

"I to feel the pain and disgust that Slowtwtich feels over this young lady/man/boy/thing owning of inanimate objects. As we do not know the story behind who's nonliving components are actually on it's bike and why it is on there we are best to judge and find comfort is things that do not matter."

Also just in. Mr. Tibbs has been busted for breaking into the Livestrong headquarters in only his underwear and smeared lipstick with a jar of Vaseline and a IPod containing nothing but Sarah Witzer B sides.

"I was just looking for my platypus!" He yelled to the TV cameras as he was led off by police.

When Lance was asked about the incident he has this to say, "Who the hell is he? What a tool. Now if you will excuse me I have to go fuck a model on a pile of cash."

Who the hell is he indeed. We now return to Welcome Back Carter currently in progress.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Funny picture (got a caption?) [oktriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Um, since it looks like the rest of the racers are female, I'm betting the aero'd up one is female also.

And it doesn't look like Di2 on the bike."

Stop it! We are judging! That kid is Satan and it's parents eat children.

Quote Reply
Re: Funny picture (got a caption?) [Murphy'sLaw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
YOU WIN! That was awesome.

Quote Reply
Re: Funny picture (got a caption?) [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
GOLD!!!

The kid has better race wheels than me hahaha
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Don't hate me cause I'm young and rich!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"In the sequel to The Curious Case of Benjamin Button actor Macaulay Culkin plays a backwards aging athlete calling attention to his plight through athletics."

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Funny picture (got a caption?) [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually I don't see anything wrong there. It's possible she is a bike racer starting early in her life. The parents happen to have enough money to spend it on her.

Some people spend $50,000+ on cars and boats, why not 10,000 on bikes?

We may see her in the World Champs or Olympics in 10 to 12 years

jaretj
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
"Sergio Escutia Jr's younger sister started her racing career today"

But seriously. Here I was feeling guilty because I was thinking about getting my 9 year old a G.F. PreCaliber. Not anymore. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Funny picture (got a caption?) [Oldslewfoot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No, you got it wrong. If I had a daughter of that age she would be using Speedplays, riding an S1 on a set of Easton Circuits. And I am pretty sure she would have won. ;-)

Sergio

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: English is not my first language. Please read this translated post considering that.

Quote Reply
Re: Funny picture (got a caption?) [Sergio Escutia] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That poor kid...we thought soccer dads and baseball dads were bad.
Quote Reply
Re: Funny picture (got a caption?) [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
More likely to see her on MTV's "My Super Sweet 16" calling her mother a cocksucker for buying her the wrong color Range Rover for her birthday.

Okay, maybe not.

You might be right. She might be the next Chrissie, but at what point does her parents choice of equipment stop being what is appropriate and adequate to support her development as a young athlete and start being a platform for making a statement about her family's wealth. Just like the parents and the kids on that TV show, this kid's parents probably started off with good intentions, but their egos and incredible lack of judgement and humility got the better of them. Now their kid is a minor internet celebrity and a testiment to all that's wrong with youth sports.

And her seat is too high. ;>)
Last edited by: shaymike2014: Sep 17, 10 6:24
Quote Reply
Re: Funny picture (got a caption?) [jaretj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Actually I don't see anything wrong there. It's possible she is a bike racer starting early in her life. The parents happen to have enough money to spend it on her.

Some people spend $50,000+ on cars and boats, why not 10,000 on bikes?

We may see her in the World Champs or Olympics in 10 to 12 years

jaretj

If this young lady is the next great thing perhaps she would be better served racing juniors instead of the Everyone Gets A Ribbon Parade Fun Race that is supposed to encourage new riders and not crown existing ones.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He also has super expensive wheels.

Kid is freakin cool. Badass

Running is the best source of fiber that I know of...
Quote Reply
Re: Funny picture (got a caption?) [justinl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Perhaps she does race juniors.

jaretj
Quote Reply
Re: Funny picture (got a caption?) [oxidefilm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How do we know it was the parents idea? I have a 10 year old that just did his first Duathlon. My kid was totally into it and wanted to emulate his mom (who rocks at Dus). He borrowed a couple of minor pieces of equipment from us - mom's number belt and my favorite water bottle. If he had asked to use something else, we would have probably loaned him damn near anything he wanted. It was a hoot watching him get into it totally on his own motivation.

Probably nothing more than a kid who's into it borrowing mom or dad's stuff. No biggie. If the aero helmet actually FIT this kid, THAT would be ridiculous.

Without knowing the circumstances I'm not going to make fun of anyone for this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think the kid's parents need to grow up.
Quote Reply
Re: Funny picture (got a caption?) [Iron Buckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
How do we know it was the parents idea? I have a 10 year old that just did his first Duathlon. My kid was totally into it and wanted to emulate his mom (who rocks at Dus). He borrowed a couple of minor pieces of equipment from us - mom's number belt and my favorite water bottle. If he had asked to use something else, we would have probably loaned him damn near anything he wanted. It was a hoot watching him get into it totally on his own motivation.

Probably nothing more than a kid who's into it borrowing mom or dad's stuff. No biggie. If the aero helmet actually FIT this kid, THAT would be ridiculous.

Without knowing the circumstances I'm not going to make fun of anyone for this.

This is a healthy perspective. Good for you. I've reposted it to counter-balance the rest.

...although it's hard to "borrow" a custom carbon 20" bike, unless his/her parents are midgets... ;)
Quote Reply
Re: Funny picture (got a caption?) [jdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not passing judgement, just info - looks like KirkLee bikes details the build on their blog here:

http://www.kirkleebicycles.com/...50-di2-lightweights/

Edit: man, I hope I can get electric shifting when I grow up...
Last edited by: DigDouggler: Sep 17, 10 12:25
Quote Reply
Re: Funny picture (got a caption?) [Iron Buckeye] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Come one...You know it's rediculous! Everyone knows there is no benefit to an aero helmet in a mass start event........ :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Funny picture (got a caption?) [DigDouggler] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Not passing judgement, just info - looks like KirkLee bikes details the build on their blog here:

Edit: man, I hope I can get electric shifting when I grow up...

Quote:
You 404’d it. Gnarly, dude.
Surfin’ ain’t easy, and right now, you’re lost at sea. But don’t worry; simply pick an option from the list below, and you’ll be back out riding the waves of the Internet in no time.

Hit the “back” button on your browser. It’s perfect for situations like this!
Head on over to the home page.
Punt.

Edit: Found it though, not hard :)
Last edited by: jdw: Sep 17, 10 12:19
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Margaret was confident she could beat the field blindfolded...until she looked immediately to her right and saw little Susie actually was racing blindfolded with an ill-fitting helmet. Combined with the cycling gloves and spokey dokeys, Margaret was suddenly shook.
Quote Reply
Re: Funny picture (got a caption?) [jdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The forum munched on the middle part of the link.

Let's try again:

Quote Reply

Prev Next