Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ericlambi] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Doesn't have to be Carl. Somebody here has to know whether the XS actually exists?!?

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [stitchboy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have a photograph or two of the Black/Charcoal Speed Concept 7.0? I have ordered one but the picture on the Trek sight is not very clear. I emailed Trek, but they said that the only picture availible is the one on the Trek site.

Thanks in advance

In Reply To:
You mean this color?

Mark
Northern California
Trek 1500 SLR Road
Trek SC7 Triathlon
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [MKAH] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have not seen the DC in that color scheme in person, but I saw it on a Madone last week. VERY sharp. It looked a lot nicer than I thought it would.
Last edited by: triguy98: Sep 1, 10 8:48
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The only model not showing XS as a stock size is the 9.9...but it is available in the 9.9 trim via Project 1.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [triguy98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Karl Malone?

Making Triathlon Great Again
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The only model not showing XS as a stock size is the 9.9...but it is available in the 9.9 trim via Project 1.

Thanks. So this is a real bike I can order? I was curious because my searching found no references to anyone actually having an XS on this sight, no shops that claim to have an XS in stock, and the trek website has no geometry for the bike (though I know it did as recently as last week). As always, appreciate the effort you put in here.

Dimond Bikes Superfan
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A dealer looking at the P1 build section of the ordering system will see the XS as an option, yes. Lead times will vary according to color choices (frameset only) and component choices (full P1 bikes).

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TurboCurbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Gotta like the phone "correcting" my spelling for me :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [triguy98] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Usually mine corrects Madone as Nadine! haha

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can anyone shed any light on the aluminum SC? When my Dual eventually dies I might look at the alum SC. Is it basically a replica of the Equinox in terms of aero? Better? Better than TTX or worse?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [climbcarolina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The 2-Series Speed Concepts are geometric matches to the 7-Series bikes, and achieve as close a tube-shape match as we could manage for hydroformed & welded frames. How they stack up in the windtunnel we don't know. Yet.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok thanks! I'm glad you kept an aluminum frame in your mix b/c once my Dual goes to TT Heaven it will be down to a P1 or SC2.

Will you guys sell that as a frame only or do I have to eBay it for that?

Are those water bottle cage bolts on the top tube? Damn that is skippy.
Last edited by: climbcarolina: Sep 1, 10 9:59
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can I join your guys club...

http://twitpic.com/2kaele

http://www.sweat7.com
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [SamWarriner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is that a P1 matte finish?

Owner of a few Speed Concepts since 2011.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [climbcarolina] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
2-Series are available only as complete bikes.

The toptube mounting provisions are for the SpeedBox accessory...but the spacing does match that for bottle cages.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dern. Okee dokee thanks. That is a great top tube addition IMO.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
YOU SURE CAN!!!!! Ride it like you stole it!

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here's a Question:

anyone know if Trek is coming out with a new (smarter?) draft box to eliminate wheel rub? Mine barely clears, and hits every time I go over a bump (which I try to avoid, but it's sometimes impossible). I know I'm lucky compared to some other owners on this forum who've experienced some serious wheel rub issues, but it bums me out to know there's a flawed draft box sitting on my otherwise flawless SC!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Can I join your guys club...

http://twitpic.com/2kaele

Welcome Sam! Nice to have you on board.

P:)

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Re: Flying [rvh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We flew into Kona last week with my wife's SC. First trip with it. I don't think cases are going to be the limiter in packing these things. For her's it came down to the front brake cable. The bike has the 50/10 stem with the non-UCI legal stock bar so this configuration likely yields the shortest length of cable out of the bar. It leaves no room for removing the base bar from the stem and securing it flat against the frame. If you had the stem adapter configuration the cable issues would be no different than a standard front end. For the SC I had to pull off the front brake cover, and pull the cantilever wegde out from between the brakes to get some limited cable slack. I was able to get it in a Thule case this way with some foam and bubble wrap between the frame and bars. There were no options for rotating the bar assembly to the best location. And I don't like the resulting height/thickness in the case. A solid hit in the middle of the case could cause some damage to the bars and/or frame.

The plan when we're home is to look at some options for getting the wedge off the front brake cable. Perhaps tinning the cable so it won't unravel, but can't do that on the bike and it may be difficult to feed the cable through the bars after adding solder. Some case bracing like those used in the S&S cases may be an option too.

As it is right now - to disassemble/reassemble this bike requires removing 3 small screws from the stem cap, the 4 base bar to stem bolts and the two small brake cover screws then finding a safe place for the fragile stem and brake cover pieces.

She loves the bike. Though that may change on the first trip she makes on her own!

P.S. Her SC has the same draft box problems with tire rub that others are complaining about. I am tool and parts limited this trip and have only tried electrical tape shimming options. The rubber inner tube fix mentioned in this thread is the next try when we get home. It is now off the bike as all shim options eventually resulted in case slippage and then tire rub.

Last edited by: SummitAK: Jan 19, 11 18:44
Quote Reply
Re: Flying [rvh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What size speed concept did Molly get? Like it better than the TTX?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl,
Any update on coming out with UCI legal br/stem combo?
Seatpost as well? Or will shim kit be the final deal?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Spring 2011 for all of those. Of course, with two ProTour teams to take care of and the timing of their spring training camps, I suspect you'll see these components out on the road relatively early in 2011.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To Clarify, we as consumers will be able to purchase these parts?
You will keep us updated on ST I am sure!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely. On both counts.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply

Prev Next