Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

"asian" running/riding glasses recommend?
Quote | Reply
i dont have much of a nose bridge, so it's hard to find sporty sunglasses that you can run/ride in.

anyone have any recommendations? i know oakley makes some 'asian fit' glasses, but i really can't stand that company.
Quote Reply
Re: "asian" running/riding glasses recommend? [psoasminor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Shimano and Rudy Projects sunglasses.

I've worn the Rudy Ekynox SX (small faces) and the Shimano S70X and I love them. We carry the Shimanos in our store and I'm sure you can find Rudys just about everywhere. I mostly look for glasses with adjustable nose pieces and temples rather than the asian-fit larger nosepads.

Shimano S70X
http://www.shimano-eyewear.com/...845524441820151.html

Rudys
http://www.rudyprojectusa.com/.../styles/ekynoxsx.htm
Quote Reply
Re: "asian" running/riding glasses recommend? [psoasminor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Oakley does Asian fit specific nose pieces for almost all their sport glasses. They are available on the Oakley website and from better Oakley retailers trained in Oakley fit. The Asian Fit nose pieces on the Oakley product are "hydrophobic" or "water fearing" and become sticky when your fast gets slick from perspiration, making the glasses stay in position better.

One of Oakley's top engineers, Ryan Calilung, who designs for the military/L.E. division at Oakley and has a strong background in sport category as well as being a fine cyclist is an Asian fellow- so he knows how to make it work.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: "asian" running/riding glasses recommend? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was under the impression that there was a fair bit more to the Oakley "Asian Fit" than just adjustable nosepieces. I remember this specifically because when I first heard of it I went from "this is pretty funny" to "this is a stupid marketing gimmick" to "hmmm - this actually makes sense". Aren't the actual frames on the Asian Fit line flatter (less curved) than the standard, and the arms more curved to fit a wider face but rounder head?

Are you saying that one can partially retrofit parts of an "Asian Fit" frame to (most) any Oakley sunglass?

To the OP, if Oakles isn't an option in which you're interested, Rudy Project makes nice sunglasses that fit me well and most of my Asian friends like them too. I also have a pair of Adidas sunglasses that I quite like. The Adidas ones don't have adjustable nosepieces like the Rudy's, but they're super lightweight and fit quite well.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: "asian" running/riding glasses recommend? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I believe you are correct- it is more than just an interchangeable nose piece. We may se Dr. Ryan chime in here- he is a contemproary of SuperDave and they often ride together at lunch (Felt and Oakley are close together).

My information about their Asian fit is dated. Oakley has likely advanced this significantly since I took my last tour at the battlestar (Oakley HQ).

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: "asian" running/riding glasses recommend? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That would be pretty awesome, as I have a pair of their Radar's in the Limited Edition BMX Chrome waiting for me at home. The fit of the standard Radar is decent, but if I could "Asian Fit" them for an even better fit, that would be the BOMB!

This will be my first pair of Oakley's, after years in Bolle, Rudy Project and Adidas sunglasses. Jordan sold me on them.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: "asian" running/riding glasses recommend? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 Limited Edition BMX Chrome

Those are super cool...

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply