Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Draftbox + Tubular [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any body have any ideas on a tubular that will fold up small enough to fit in the draft box?

I'm thinking a nice supple tire - i have a couple vittoria crono's that I might try - but those are pretty damn fragile for a spare.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [coltank17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How about "Pickle"...

In Reply To:
In Reply To:
Finally have some pictures of the new ride. I put about 200 miles on it up in Lake Placid last weekend. I am loving this bike!!

I looking to name her so all suggestions are welcome. So far here are the two that a couple of my friends have come up with. I'd love to hear some more!
-Green Hornet
-Slimer

Has anyone come up with a good setup for rigging a bottle holder underneath the base of the saddle like Lieto usually has?

Slimer, definitely Slimer, and you should spray people as you blaze by them

-------------------------------------------------
"Marco [Pantani], why are you such a strong climber? To shorten my pain".
Quote Reply
Re: Draftbox + Tubular [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
while i dont race tubulars now, when i did, i could fold a conti sprinter tubular small enough to fit into my small saddle bag. im guessing you could get it into the draft box.

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Got the new 100/45 stem [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I finally got my new 100/45 stem last Friday to replace the original (and shorter) 60/45 stem that came with a bike. As I have mentioned before, after using it for more than 600 miles, I think I need a longer stem so I could be more stretched out. Anyway, the stem replacement has been a two day project and it has been a BITCH of a job. Definitely not for the faint of heart! I am a pretty good wrench (for those who are familiar with me) and I'm pretty comfortable ripping a bike apart and rebuilding it with just some tools and a couple of beers but this project has got me challenged! Anyway, I couldn't do a non-stop job since I was also busy training for my race but on the moments I sat down to work on it, I met a few hurdles.

I will finish it tonight and if I am patient enough I will post some pictures for the interested wrenches here. Mind you they will be filled with a lot of internal organs and it might cause some to feel weak-kneed.

.........................__0.............0
...................._.-\ <,_.........</\_
.....~_.o^,....(...)./.(...)......._/\...
Quote Reply
Re: Got the new 100/45 stem [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That bad huh? I'm hoping to get my 100/45 this week and I was hoping the LBS would be able to swap it out while I shoot the breeze with them or run and get them some beer.
Quote Reply
Re: Got the new 100/45 stem [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You're going to have to be nice to the wrenches. Changing the stem itself is a breeze but with the longer stem (by a good 4 cm forward) you will need longer cables and insulators for both brakes and derailleurs. Which means they will have to remove entire assemblies to get to the cable and install new ones. These assemblies are both front and rear brake calibers, front and rear brake levers. The hardest portion is running the cables through the base bar and through the frame. I get the impression that the Bike Shops receive the frame with the cable already run through the base bar in the Trek factory, and the mechs just cut it after they install the cables.

Anyway, like I said, its a bitch of a job.

P.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
guess I better bring something better than just plain old High Life....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The frames arrive with the cable housings stubbed out of the frames. When I went to a local Trek dealer, they happened to just be opening the box of their first one when I was there, and all the housing were already in the frame with a couple of feet (IIRC) of extra housing at the stem area. Probably a good idea to wait (if that's possible) until you get the correct stem and do it once.

Fraser Bicycle | First Endurance

Check out my blog here | Twitter:@tmalis3
Quote Reply
Re: Got the new 100/45 stem [Tom3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Getting the cables into the frame is easy. It's getting it into the handlebars that is hard. Where there cables in the handlebar when you saw them pull it out of the box?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I really don't remember; it was about a month and a half ago. I just remember seeing huge amount of housing coiled up comign out of the frame, but it could have been through the extensions also.

Quote Reply
Re: Got the new 100/45 stem [Tom3] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
any good replacement pads for the arm rest pads on the bars, i sweat alot and they get slick

"If you want to experience all of the successes and pleasure in life, you have to be willing to accept all the pain and failure that comes with it"
Quote Reply
Re: Got the new 100/45 stem [johnnyyd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No idea on the replacement pads. I don't have one, I just happened to be in the shop when they took it out of the box. Good luck.

Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wanted to see if I could get some help on sizing as well. I'm currently on a size large TTX , and am looking to move to a speed concept, and it seems as though I could make either the large or XL work for me, but I wanted to get some opinions on which would be best.

My current set up is:
height 6'1"
inseam 36"
Pad Reach - 476 mm
Pad Stack - 680 mm
Base Bar Reach - 700 mm
Base Bar Stack - 605 mm
Saddle setback - 1.25 mm behind BB
Saddle Height - 807 mm

I've been riding this position for a while now and find it very comfortable, and would like to find a similar position on the speed concept.

Thanks for the help.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Cppike79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Common situation for Large TTX drivers. Got two guys in the office at or above your height who came from the same size TTX but went different ways on the SC.

You have several options based on pad coordinates, but really only one which lets you get within ~5mm of both basebar coordinates so I'm going to key in on that and your comment about liking your current position. Large + 100/45. Nominal pad reach is 491, but moving one set of holes aft on the pad holders puts you right.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Draftbox + Tubular [jbird2131] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well I went through my bag of tubies:

Vittoria Corsa Crono
Conti Competition
Conti Giro

And none of them fit while I putzed with it while talking on the phone.

May have to go to the LBS and try to see if a conti sprinter will work, or just sit and spend 30 minutes folding/rolling/etc.

Are the draftboxes the same size regardless of frame size?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try something like a track tubular - the tufo elite.... The thing rolls up to the size of a butyl tube. FWIW, I crashed at IMWI at mile 65 and rode it the final 55. Was a little worried about glue hold, but the tire got me home.

Visit The Chipotle Calorie Calculator
Quote Reply
Re: Draftbox + Tubular [electusunus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that'd be sweet!

Thanks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Any body have any ideas on a tubular that will fold up small enough to fit in the draft box?

I'm thinking a nice supple tire - i have a couple vittoria crono's that I might try - but those are pretty damn fragile for a spare.

Tried it last night with my Vittoria Triathlon Tubs and it fits quite nicely. Had to fold it in a certain way but it fits really well. Will post some pictures if I get in the mood.

Quote Reply
Re: Draftbox + Tubular [paxfobiscum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
would be appreciated.
Quote Reply
Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Anyone have ideas on the best Di2 battery location on a Trek SC 9.9 in size L? I called Trek this afternoon and the technician told me that their custom BB battery attachement won't be ready in the near future. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jeanlucpicard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Any owners get a chance to figure out the weight of the Speed Concept? Either frameset only or a built bike.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [tranzformer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Weighed the 9.5 today. it was 8.85kg stock.
Last edited by: nick2u: Jul 22, 10 12:01
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
anybody else that's been waiting on a 100/45 stem get theirs yet?

I'm still waiting :(
Quote Reply
Re: Got the new 100/45 stem [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
is there anyway to get my srm DA 7800 crankset to work with the frame?
Quote Reply
Re: Got the new 100/45 stem [tranzformer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Based on my conversations with SRM - if it's a wireless model you're fine. If it's a wired (like mine was/is) you are SOL.
Quote Reply

Prev Next