Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know as I don't work in the shop -I just spend gobs of money there. I will say they had it built up with what looked like a short stem-not the long one that I have seen online and the seatpost cap was put together in the offset position fairly far back.
So if that is different than what other people have I'd guess yes. If not then probably not. The mechanic said that the front brake is really easy to set up and modulate while the rear is a bit of a pain which surprises me cause I would have thought the opposite to be true.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jbird2131] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
-draft box doesnt fit with training wheels...

Why not?

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It fine with training wheels and tires I saw. maybe he is running some tall 25's or cross tires.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [rickn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
It fine with training wheels and tires I saw. maybe he is running some tall 25's or cross tires.

Oh...right...that bike has vertical dropouts. But, why would the box come closer to the tire than the cutout in the seat tube?

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
when running the shimano r500's, the tire just barely rubs against the the draft box.

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That looks SMOKIN' hot.
Did you get the extension tilt tightened up? I think those bolts are rated to 14nm, so you should be able to tighten them pretty hard.

TriRig.com
The Triathlon Gear Guide
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [JudgeNick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks nick! love the bike. im uploading some more pics now. i just tightened up the extensions and they seem very secure. givem another go tomorrow.

Toro Performance
Last edited by: jbird2131: Jun 12, 10 12:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The bike's looking AWESOME! I like the white profile bars.

Has anyone ordered the green/white/black colorway? I'm a fan of the green ever since I got my TTX and would love to see a pic if anyone has yet.

Making Triathlon Great Again
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [TurboCurbo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
http://www.bikeradar.com/...st-ride-review-26519

If it has not been posted yet for your review.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jimmyhat1978] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Carl, Twitchers

So currently I'm riding a 58cm P2 with a blackwell bar. After taking the measurements to the spec mentioned in the trek fit guide, (as I under stand them) if I wanted to replicate my current fit I would be on a XL with a 110/75?? I'm 6'2" Measurements below.

Pad Stack = 710 (spacers indeed, although I should go lower)
Pad Reach=500
BBS = 660
BBR= 630

Am I missing anything, or is that the only logical option?

Q
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well, if you think you'll be going lower, then the XL with the 110/75 might not be ideal. The 100/45 stem will still recreate your current position just fine, with room to go lower. Still the XL frame though.

My recommendation would be to go get a good fit prior to the SC purchase. If you haven't recently been fit, it's a very small expense relative to the SC purchase. And it'll ensure you get the right frame and stem.

TriRig.com
The Triathlon Gear Guide
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Carl, Twitchers

So currently I'm riding a 58cm P2 with a blackwell bar. After taking the measurements to the spec mentioned in the trek fit guide, (as I under stand them) if I wanted to replicate my current fit I would be on a XL with a 110/75?? I'm 6'2" Measurements below.

Pad Stack = 710 (spacers indeed, although I should go lower)
Pad Reach=500
BBS = 660
BBR= 630

Am I missing anything, or is that the only logical option?

Q

Hi Carl and others

I have the same question.
I am riding a QR CD 01 size M with a Oval A921 bar. My measurements from the fit guide is:

Pad reach: 463 mm
Pad stack 605 mm
Base bar reach 653 mm
Base bar stack 544 mm
Saddle height 773 mm
Saddle off set +21 mm

I am thinking a SC in size M with a 100/10 stem and a 335/35 seatpost.
Do you know if it´s possible to buy or swap the stem if it doesn’t fit?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nick...Carl...never seen at the same place at the same time...oh wait there was the ToC TT warmup...

Anyway, my unpaid but much appreciated fit chart alter ego is spot-on again. I'd probably go for the 100/45 on the XL. What gives me pause is the BBR, though. There's a huge reach difference there vs your current position, and if you tend to spend a bunch of time on the bullhorns (climbing out of saddle, resting, recovering late in long course racing,etc) you may not appreciate being that stretched out even if the height is almost right on. In that case, I might suggest using a little more of the total pad reach range and consider the 110/75 on a Large frame. You can still hit your pad position (which is priority #1), and while BBS is still a little over 2cm lower than your current position it also comes back almost 3cm from where the 100/45 +XL had you.

A good fit session might change your mind on one or more of your current dimensions as well. If you haven't been, I believe it's worth getting recommendations from friends/locals and seeing a reputable tri fitter.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I was thinking about a Cervélo P3, a logical choice because, as good as my Cervélo S3 is, it's struggling with double duty.

It's also probably fair to say the P3 has been the go to tri bike for a little while. It's in this context that my post is framed.

Now, I trust Trek when they say the 9 Series is faster than the 7 in the wind tunnel.

What I'm less convinced about is MY ability to consistently dial out imperfections like: bottle cages, gels, bike computers, power meters, spare tubular tires, bar tape, my fat arse and environmental factors, so as to leverage all the benefit of the 9 Series, all or enough of the time.

With that in mind I'm temped to go with the base 7 Series and sling on a RED groupo I've got sitting around. Add a tasty time trial bar, and I might end up with something a little faster than my original idea of a P3.

Am I missing something?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [RFDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Definitely a long and low setup you have there. Interestingly, I've got you as a slightly better match across more dimensions on a Small with the 100/45...but only because that combo gets closer to your basebar reach than the Medium + 100/10. That saddle height, while achievable with a Small frame and the long post, is more suited to the Medium frames though. I'd say your first instincts are pretty good on this one. Your dealer will be able to order alternate stems...but with either option discussed here you've still got quite a bit of room to move within the pad envelope before you'd be forced to make a stem change...unless basebar position ends up being the driver.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
fit chart alter ego

That just made my day. Always glad to help, Carl.

TriRig.com
The Triathlon Gear Guide
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
SO the spec-out on the website for the 9.5 is incorrent when it says OCLV - it's OCLV2?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [sentania] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yup...someone else caught that one earlier and I passed it (and a few other things) on to our web team. Thanks for checking up on us though!

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
well i am picking up and getting fit on my 9.8 on Friday. Anything special I should make sure they go over with me fit wise on this bike? I am sure they have not done many fits on it since they have only just got them in last week.
What should I be aware of?
What should I have them double check?
Any advise would be great, thanks

"If you want to experience all of the successes and pleasure in life, you have to be willing to accept all the pain and failure that comes with it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks Carl

What is the delivery time on a SC?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BIG Props to Carl and the engineer team at Trek that came out to Wheel & Sprocket, extremely knowledgeable and willing to stick around after their presentation to let us pick their brains :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A question your dealer can answer better than I can, I'm afraid. I can see the same lead time info they do, but they've got additional resources in the form of their reps who have a better grasp of where bikes really are in the system.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
A question your dealer can answer better than I can, I'm afraid. I can see the same lead time info they do, but they've got additional resources in the form of their reps who have a better grasp of where bikes really are in the system.

Thanks again Carl

But my LBS can´t tell me when I can get a SC. Is there anybody that know the delivery time?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl, the SC threads are growing enormous. Perhaps I've missed it, but could you suggest where a barrel adjuster could be placed for brake adjustment? Getting to the brakes, particularly the rear one, appears tedious. My shop has suggested under the rubber cap but others have posted it is difficult to remove and replace. One has suggested near the brake lever entrance. What is your suggestion?
Quote Reply

Prev Next