Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Best race medal
Quote | Reply
Best race medal you have ever gotten? Whether it be for any race (5k,10k,hafl,full,ultra,sprint-HIM). Pictures would be nice too.

Mine: Age group win at South beach tri, looks like real gold and pretty damn heavy.
Quote Reply
Re: Best race medal [hellionxc07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, I've only raced once so I am quite proud of the Kansas City medal.

And my awesome bottle that I was awarded like the podium winners. I did not PLACE, but trust me, I EARNED that prize!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will post a picture of mine after Louisville Ironman in August. I have 2 finisher medals from Kona back in 1985 and 86. After not doing triathlons for 20 years, this will be my best race medal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ING Miami Half Marathon, absolutely love that thing!

http://www.easyendurance.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1st place, mother's day duathlon in Prospect Park, Brooklyn.

Age grouper, but still. It WAS my first race.

E Curt
Enter my raffle to win an iPad!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All of these:

http://www.everymantri.com/...20a5a924d5970b-500wi

-----------------------------------------
Donate now to the war on ALS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Ottawa Race Weekend marathon medal was awesome. It has a spinning leaf in the centre

http://slow-triathlete.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All my "finisher" medals sit in a box in my closet. Except for my Ragnar medal from last year. That has a prominent spot, hanging on my fridge door, because it has a built-in bottle-opener.
Quote Reply
Re: Best race medal [merlinkim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mine...all in a drawer I think...hell if I know. Folks who get that picture frame goof ball narcissistic IM medal holder are just sorta pathetic. If you win your AG or over all that is one thing...buy why put proof of your 1432nd place predominantly on the wall?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Best race medal [merlinkim] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
X2, all medals on a shelf somewhere in a pile, except for last years Ragnar. I love that bottle opener, you can use your whole hand as leverage on it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
We got really cool medals made from recycled bike chains and cables this weekend at the Deuces Wild Tri festival in Show Low, AZ.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My favourite by far. It doubles as a weapon.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Not a medal, but to this day I love the anatomically correct bull trophies they gave out at the New Windsor Fair and Rodeo Days Run in New Windsor, IL. OA winners got cowbells; AG winners got bulls with whangusges on a pedestal. I have a couple of cowbells...and those are nice and all, but the trophies are much more of a conversation piece.

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: Best race medal [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
My favourite by far. It doubles as a weapon.

probably a chinese throwing star?
Quote Reply
Re: Best race medal [RACERX] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you finman enough?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think I threw most of them away. I might have a couple including my first marathon, but not sure. I got to hold my buddy's Beijing Gold medal, now that was sick. It came with a pretty cool case too. That's about the only medal I've ever really been impressed with...

Oh come to think of it the bottles of syrup they gave out at Mooseman/timberman in the past were pretty cool.
Quote Reply
Re: Best race medal [joonya] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, I forgot -- my favorite piece of finisher's hardware has my name carved on it. Thing is, I have to drive three hours to see it: http://www.savagemantri.org/...0x384/bricks_mid.jpg
Quote Reply
Re: Best race medal [slow triathlete] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x2 Thoroughly impressive medal. Not as functional as the hybrid medal/bottle openers that are all the rage now but much nicer!

Another notable: Jodie Siff of 5430 Sports used to handcraft ALL the AG awards for the Boulder Triathlon Series (1st through 3rd for each AG, i.e., a lot of awards!). My favorites: A clock made out of old chainrings and a trophy consisting of an old chainring + engraved stone. Really nice.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They give nice ones in Hawaii.

John H. Post, III, MD
Orthopedic Surgeon
Charlottesville, VA
Quote Reply
Re: Best race medal [M~] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have to do B2B if for no other reason than having been on the Carolina about 5 times as a little tyke visiting my gromma and grampa.....that ship is AMAZING to go through.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This brought me down a bit. I showed one of my medals to a non-racing friend and she said it looked like it came from Walt Disney World: silver Mickey Mouse ears... (ITU World Championship silver medal!)

Remember Luddites are people too...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The Punxsutawny Fall 50 (50 mile run) gives a big ass brass trucker belt buckle as the finisher's medal...don't have mine handy but an trying to find a picture.

ECMGN Therapy Silicon Valley:
Depression, Neurocognitive problems, Dementias (Testing and Evaluation), Trauma and PTSD, Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A 10" plus or minus engraved knife. Sharp as hell. Got it for winning overall at a small sprint in honor of a young man that was killed overseas. The guy's whole family was there to present me the knife at a kick-ass post race bbq.

Oh, and shameless plug...
Here is last year's trophy for the Elite Podium spots for the race that I put on. Handmade, the winners loved them...

So come race the Damtri in NW Pennsylvania to win a beaver....

The most functional prize I ever got was an etched bottle of maple syrup from Timberman.

Other medals I don't even look at, couldn't tell one from the other.
Quote Reply

Prev Next