Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [JudgeNick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Acromion process at or below origin of latissimus dorsi? Check

Back of hand/thumb no lower than antecubital fossa? Check

Shoe-pedal interface nearly parallel to the ground when at bottom of pedal stroke? Check (well, sort of: it appears that the pedal isn't quite at the furthest point from the saddle, in which case her saddle might be a skosh too high)

Apologies to Salazar Photography for cutting off the photo credit...
Last edited by: Andrew Coggan: Jun 4, 10 11:33
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [mile2424] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've got no specifics (where, when) but I do know several of the media/dealer ride bikes we had out at KSwiss HQ the day after the launch are slated for exactly this purpose. Keep an eye out and an ear open-

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [Carl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sweet thanks Carl!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My local shop said they just got a 9.5 in a M and L and should be built up by tomorrow! Sweeeeeeeet!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couldn't wait so I had to go by my LBS while they were building up the frame, it was the 9.5 frame with the white/lime green/black colorway. Looks even better in person than in pictures!

Carl,

Do you know if Trek will allow someone to get the bike custom painted from a reputable painter like Darin Wheeler from 2wheelercustoms.com. I know he has done work before for R&A Cycles and Trisports.com and was wondering if Trek would permit to have the bike painted by an outside person if they approve or have looked into his work?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That's a question I can only safely answer with a pointer to our warranty page, sorry.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl-

First of all, thanks for all of your time and answering questions! This is awesome!

Question on the aerobar pad setup. After looking at a SC this week (absolutely beautiful in person!, BTW), there appeared to be a 'narrow' and 'wide' configuration to the aerobar pads achieved by flipping the mounting brackets. In the narrow configuration, the maximum width of the elbow pads seemed to be around 210-220mm center to center. Is there any way to get this wider (without flipping the brackets and going to the 'wide' configuration which also makes the extensions very wide) by means of either a)only using ONE of the bolts to mount the pads at the very far end of the brackets instead of the two, or b) the possibility/availability a mounting bracket for the pads that would extend slightly wider (hoping to get in the 240mm range)?

I hope that description makes sense, If I could only draw a picture... :)
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [toothpick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Know exactly what you're driving at. At present, no, there isn't a way to go wider on the pads with the extensions mounted inboard. Running them with a single bolt is not advisable...they're designed for two. A longer P-bracket is not available right now from us (don't know if anyone else has one), but sometimes market demand has a way of fixing that...

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl, thanks for all the answers on this thread. Do they ever let you guys off of work? It's Saturday you know. Anyway I will be getting my 9.9 SC tomorrow and I have a quick question about water bottle placement. I use only a single bottle - where is the best place to put it, aerodynamically speaking? I am guessing between the aerobars. I did notice that it looks like there might be bosses on the top tube for the little speed box thing, could you put a bottle cage there instead? I am wondering if it messes up the Kamm tail performance putting water bottles in the main triangle of the frame.
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [need4speed] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who says this isn't work?

The toptube bosses are spaced for waterbottle cages, or anything else on that standard. An aerobottle probably works better than a standard one though, for knee clearance. As for in-frame single bottle mounting, we did make an effort to put the seattube bosses in a more aerodynamically optimal position than those on the downtube.

Carl Matson
Last edited by: Carl: Jun 5, 10 17:21
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
need4speed- i was lucky enough to receive my SC earlier this week and it looks like you can def. mount a cage on the top tube. a lot of the pros seem to be mounting the bontrager speed bottle on the seat tube. it wedges perfectly into the downtube. i think the speed bottle and then a regular cage on the top tube is going to be my 70.3 setup.

will post pics soon!

Toro Performance
Last edited by: jbird2131: Jun 5, 10 18:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Carl,

Question re seatpost head offset. I currently have my John Cobb Saddle ~1cm ahead of BB. What offset post should I request 10mm or 35mm. (Small SC with Long Seatpost)

Also, have you guys considered how easy it would be to pack the SC for travel? I would assume that I can just unbolt the stem from the aerobar and then fit it in my case.

Thanks- Mike

SC delivery: 49 days and counting
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [MHG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can tell you the 10-cm offset post will probably be ideal for you. Not sure on packing, Carl will probably have a better answer.

TriRig.com
The Triathlon Gear Guide
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl

Could you please explain the easiest way to swap the front break pads. I'm having a tough time getting at the screws because my allen key is attached to a multi set. What is the easiest way to get at them?

I was able to swap my rear fairly easily, although my DA pads are a bit too chunky and rub.

Thanks!

Toro Performance
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
No worries. Turns out I was wrong on the ceramic bearings as well...the 9.9 comes with them stock.

Carl

Carl - thx for all the help on this forum.
Does it matter which crankset i order for a P1 9.9 in order to get ceramic bearings stock? Or does ceramic come with all 9.9 configurations? Thx.

Hoka One One (Hawaii)
facebook.com/hokaoneonehawaii
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Carl thanks so much for answering all the questions!!

Do we have pricing on a 9 frameset? My understanding is that when you just look at the frame set all 9's are the same.

Also what is included?

Went through this entire thread and did not see anything definitive.

Thanks so much!
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [MHG] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm not familiar enough with the Cobb saddle to know the specific details of the rail setup, but I'll say this: with an average length Bontrager TT Fit saddle mounted mid-rail on the 10mm offset head in the fwd position, my saddle nose is a good 1-1.5cm ahead of the BB on my 7-series.

As for packing, once the stem cover is off, remove the 4 bolts holding the bar to the stem and you can swing it over the side and secure to the frame with some bubblewrap or other protective media at the contact points. Personally, I like to also remove the front brake cover and release the brake wedge from between the arms for another few inches of cable travel. Hot Tip: try to get the box the bike came in. It's pre-set with straps and foam and blocks and spacers which make it a great shipping container. Our showbikes and demo bikes travel everywhere in those.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [jbird2131] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The small size of the setscrew does make it challenging for multi-tool access. You might be better off loosening the pad carrier fixing bolt to rotate the carrier vertically and get at it from the front rather than the top.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [MOTO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ceramic kits are available for SRAM and Shimano cranks. You'll have to work with your dealer to specify that via P1.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [bartturner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pricing needs to be discussed with your dealer.

As of last Friday, dealers have an expanded FAQ related to the Speed Concept available in Dexter. Excerpting from same regarding what's included: frame, fork, headset, stem and false steerer stub, seat post, handlebar, housing, and Draftbox.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Went to my LBS in Orlando to inquire about ordering a SC and they were telling me sept or oct before they get some in???
you guys hearing that, where can I go to get one with DA or Red sooner, just sold mine tri bike and need one or I will be racing all summer on my road bike, and that is no fun...

"If you want to experience all of the successes and pleasure in life, you have to be willing to accept all the pain and failure that comes with it"
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [wsrobert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Got my 9.9 yesterday, I will be taking it for a spin today. First thoughts:

1) It looks sick. If you do not have a fast bike split on this bike you are going to be made fun of.

2) The integration is incredible.

3) I am able to get a very aero-looking flat back position with only a moderate drop (2" maybe) from the saddle to the bars. On my last bike I had to get a pretty severe drop to even approach the flat back I get on the SC. When I look at the SC with my position dialed-in, something doesn't look quite right. After seeing so many photos of TT riders in severe yoga contortions with 18" saddle/bar drops, the SC looks quite mild. I am anxious to compare numbers on my test loop to see how they compare to the old bike. It definitely feels more comfortable, maybe this bike just fits me better than the old one.

4) The Aeolus wheels are a bit frightening, the little fairings are very thin and flexible. That is the price of speed and low weight, I suppose. They have carbon brake surfaces, so if you want to use training wheels you might have to change brake pads. I will need to get a new wheel cover for the back since it looks like my 808 cover is a bit small.

5) I had some brake pad rub on the front but I was able to adjust the spring tension screw to fix it without removing any access panels. There are little holes that you can access those through on each side of the fork.

6) If anyone passes me on the bike in my next few races, I am going to feel ashamed!

Kudos again to Trek, this thing looks amazing. Now I'm off to see how it rides...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What post do you need for 5cm behind bb? -10 or -35?
Quote Reply
Re: Official Speed Concept Owners Thread [bootsie_cat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Trick question, coming from you Blush

If you need to be UCI compliant in all respects, you can't run the stock SC post as it's outside the 3:1 rule. What the Shack has been riding is the TTX post with a shim and special seatpost clamp, and we're working to package the shim and clamp hardware as a kit for those who need it. ETA TBD. We also plan to introduce UCI-compliant versions of the Kammtail post and the SC RXL bar system next spring.

If 5cm rearwards is simply your preferred position, the 35mm offset head is what you need.

Carl Matson
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
let me know what type of brake pads you go with for training. im having some serious rub issues with the DA's.

Toro Performance
Quote Reply

Prev Next