Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
NRA Bike Jersey?
Quote | Reply
Hi Folks, I'm looking for a NRA cycling jersey to wear when training on rural roads that are traveled by the bubba truck driving gun toating cyclist hating folk. Better idea .. I'm open. Thanks.

Jon
Quote Reply
Re: NRA Bike Jersey? [ctfltriguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hi Folks, I'm looking for a NRA cycling jersey to wear when training on rural roads that are traveled by the bubba truck driving gun toating cyclist hating folk. Better idea .. I'm open. Thanks.

Jon

You must be one of them dazzling suburbanites...jersey ain't gonna fool nobody.

"you know, aero trumps training ;-) "
R10C 10/09
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
sleeveless right?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Or you could pick up this kit.

http://www.navygear.com/...egory_Code=MC-CL-CYC

"your horse is too high" - tigerchik
Quote Reply
Re: NRA Bike Jersey? [Boudreaux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey I'll admit suburban areas have thugs too

don't pretend the country doesn't ;)

In Reply To:
You must be one of them dazzling suburbanites...jersey ain't gonna fool nobody.

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Might just irritate them more seeing their "colors" tainted. May be best to just find a safer place to ride unless you know several of them anyway and they like you.
Dave
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Just go with jean shorts (jorts) with a skoal can in the back pocket.

----------
Fortitudine Vincimus
Quote Reply
Re: NRA Bike Jersey? [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got a bottle bounced off my should a few years ago in my Texas Flag jersey. But, this is Washington Redskins territory, so what was I thinking?

;-))
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You might consider a John Deere jersey, but I'm not sure how how convincing that would be since you are still wearing tights.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why not just support the NRA by carrying concealed (legally, of course)?

Re: NRA Bike Jersey? [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Or you could pick up this kit.

http://www.navygear.com/...egory_Code=MC-CL-CYC

Wow! I'm loving the dress blues.

beyourownsuperhero
Quote Reply
Re: NRA Bike Jersey? [Sully] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
sleeveless right?

What if it were made out of denim like Larry the cable guy?
Quote Reply
Re: NRA Bike Jersey? [Boudreaux] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been surprised by the wide berth my Marine Corps jersey gets me in the back roads around austin. With and without it are quite distinctively different passes

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Re: NRA Bike Jersey? [IKnowEverything] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Why not just support the NRA by carrying concealed (legally, of course)?

Or strap an A/R on your back. Most states allow you to carry rifles and they don't need to be / can't be concealed.

You can even stop into your local starbucks. I read an article last week that they support the 2'nd amendment and allow customers to carry in their locations.
Quote Reply
Re: NRA Bike Jersey? [MarkyV] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

I vote for the combo.

-marine corps jersey

-concealed (legally of course) hand gun

Quote Reply
Re: NRA Bike Jersey? [IRONwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How would any sort of concealed weapon stop someone from throwing shit at you?
Quote Reply
Re: NRA Bike Jersey? [Hid] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is it bad form to wear a marine corps jersey if you weren't a marine? like would I get beat-up because I was wearing it?
Quote Reply
Re: NRA Bike Jersey? [Spranger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Is it bad form to wear a marine corps jersey if you weren't a marine? like would I get beat-up because I was wearing it?

Because you showed fear of getting beat up, you are not worthy to wear it!

Hey, my vote for a jersey that would 'protect' you in redneck-ville is the Rebel Flag.
Quote Reply
Re: NRA Bike Jersey? [Spranger] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hardly... showing your support for them

wearing the actual uniform... well, that might be another story

36 kona qualifiers 2006-'23 - 3 Kona Podiums - 4 OA IM AG wins - 5 IM AG wins - 18 70.3 AG wins
I ka nana no a 'ike -- by observing, one learns | Kulia i ka nu'u -- strive for excellence
Garmin Glycogen Use App | Garmin Fat Use App
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK...I live in rural Alabama. Concealed Kel-Tec P-32 with a left hand soft holster. Fits just inside your back right jersey pocket for a right hand grab. This is for the 4 legged friends also!
I've had friends open carry on their bikes in the water bottle location. AL is an open carry state. I do like the AR-16 idea too:)
Quote Reply
Re: NRA Bike Jersey? [PDK] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ever shot anyone's dog while on a ride?

Ever been held up while on a ride?
Quote Reply
Re: NRA Bike Jersey? [gbot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

We get it, you don't like guns and don't feel anyone should ever carry one unless they have already been the victim of a violent crime.

The one thing in common that ever victim of every crime says is "I never thought it would happen to me."

Those people that choose to carry while riding most likely feel it is better to have one and not need it, than need it and not have it.

In 40 years I have never been in a car accident, been killed, had my house burn down, or been disable on the job and unable to work, yet I still have car, life, homeowners and disability insurance.

For folks that carry, it isn't the odds, its the stakes...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
have yor tried ebay?
Quote Reply
Re: NRA Bike Jersey? [Skippy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

We get it, you don't like guns and don't feel anyone should ever carry one unless they have already been the victim of a violent crime.

The one thing in common that ever victim of every crime says is "I never thought it would happen to me."

Those people that choose to carry while riding most likely feel it is better to have one and not need it, than need it and not have it.

In 40 years I have never been in a car accident, been killed, had my house burn down, or been disable on the job and unable to work, yet I still have car, life, homeowners and disability insurance.

For folks that carry, it isn't the odds, its the stakes...

No, I was seriously asking an honest question based on what actually happens in the real world. Is shooting someone's dog a better alternative than pepper spraying it? Maybe it is, I don't often ride in an area with aggressive dogs so I don't even carry pepper spray.

Are there parts of the USA where cyclists are often held up at gunpoint while riding? Is this something that happens? This one seems a bit weird to me as most gun-toting cyclists are afraid of random redneck bottle-throwers, not thugs stopping them and trying to steal their cannondales or whatever.

Is firing off a few shots at a rapidly disappearing pickup truck a good response to having a beer bottle winged at your head? Wouldn't that time be better spent taking down the plate number and then calling the cops?

It just doesn't seem like a pistol is really a useful tool for a cyclist in any situation. Maybe the dog one does apply, please educate me if this is the case.
Quote Reply

Prev Next