Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Retro TT stuff [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yep I can verify that's a true story.. I checked the location and I remember seeing this bike for sale when they got it in 1990 (can't remember the shops name now). They wanted a lot for it then and even more for it now.. I guess I was wise beyond my years beacuse I told my friend then.. They are crazy they will never sell that bike! HA.. Guess I was right.

And the crank is a record... jeeze they don't even know what they have..

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
those brakes seem great ... anyone know if they actually performed ?

colnago TT
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Feb 25, 10 1:20
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a set of record deltas. They would slow you down. I could get them adjusted well enough to lock up the rear wheel if I needed too. The problem with them was really in the setup and adjustment. But yes you could get stopped.

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another "TT saddle" with the back raised up to push off of. This one's a Corima.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dia Compe Gran Compe brakes-----I think these would work decently well (aero-wise) on the back of most bikes today, due to the way the brake cable would be routed.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
one of the flickr streams you linked to before had a pic of that 80s snakeskin saddle with a upside down LCD in the nose tip.. couldn't again find it tho

Last edited by: lacticturkey: Feb 26, 10 8:39
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Sugino disc kit ... replaces 32/36 spokes with a 256-strand kevlar system in a clear mylar cover. The T-Disc is actually lighter than a set of spokes . the mtb version was called tioga disc (ala. john tomac who also had a limited edition front version). In NZ pros like Matt Brick were winning national tri's and du's on them, early 90s.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Sugino disc kit ... replaces 32/36 spokes with a 256-strand kevlar system in a clear mylar cover. The T-Disc is actually lighter than a set of spokes . the mtb version was called tioga disc (ala. john tomac who also had a limited edition front version). In NZ pros like Matt Brick were winning national tri's and du's on them, early 90s.

I would LOVE to get my hands on a set of those....

http://bikeblather.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Dia Compe Gran Compe brakes-----I think these would work decently well (aero-wise) on the back of most bikes today, due to the way the brake cable would be routed.

I have a set of these (in black), and they fit pretty much nothing. I think I read that they max out at 40mm reach, but I know they did not work for my variety of bikes, except the old P2 classic with Rolf Vectors in 650c...then I put my tri-spokes on for a race, and the rear would not reach. Bottom line is that there is VERY limited reach adj. with these brakes (Dia Comp AGC300), but they are minilalist and light.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder where the Shorter TT frame is,It was on Ebay a few months ago.(Or one like it)
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [dave_w] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Funny stuff you needed a bike welded to your specs to use these ......as a benefit you could enjoy really really weak breaking .....
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tomac was sponsored to use these ......breaking em all over the place in 92 ......the sound also was funny ......for road ....maybe ....but Mtb .....downhill ......ouch....
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [Tom A.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Over time disks did develop more flex (which is why Tomes disks were numbered & binned after 20races!)"
"A more compliant/shock dampening wheel is the first argument in their favor. It's worth noting that these wheels were first launched back in the day when full suspension bikes weren't a reality in any workable/lightweight form. So wheel compliance was an interesting concept."

quoted from
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [toolguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this Shorter Lo Pro is listed atm ...

http://www.hongkongfixed.com/...tid=281&pid=4186

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
golden ICS

Last edited by: lacticturkey: Mar 1, 10 10:11
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I am grateful that this bike never came up for sale on ebay

Checkout http://www.iotexpert.com
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [Robert Preston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Here is some real "retro" Softride. Anyone want to take a guess on the year? Big bonus if you can guess the race!

Kevin
Last edited by: flying wombat: Mar 1, 10 13:32
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [flying wombat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
1996? As for the race, I have no idea.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The gold on these is not as nice as the one's you posted, but they're still pretty freaking cool.

Have there been any Griffen's?

MOP Mike's Titanflex (from another thread) http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...earch_engine#1426944

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For some reason, I always liked Griffen bikes. Very expensive if I remember correctly.
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [Robert Preston] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
old school ZIPP...back when they made frames and tri-spokes. i think pauli kiuru rode one of these as he dominated IM australia from '91-'94.

or how about mike pigg with a J-Disc rear and a 1st generation OCLV 5200 road frame circa '94...

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Michael in Fresno
"Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man" V. Corleone
Last edited by: Tribato: Mar 4, 10 7:31
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [flying wombat] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
94, gulf coast half.
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [alanhawse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
why do you say that ? 'cos money would have been made no object ?

to further stretch the 'retro' thing here ... (assuming its more about retro-spective anyways)....

This is a New Zealand TT design which won the '96 World TT Champs, then the governing body outlawed triangulated top tubes.
Spencer Smith recieved one days before the 1995 world triathlon champs and biked away from the field to win ... from memory it was 650c format
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

MOP Mike's Titanflex (from another thread) http://forum.slowtwitch.com/...earch_engine#1426944

Wow! That's an old pic. Here's what the bike looks like 10,000 miles later:

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Last edited by: MOP_Mike: Mar 4, 10 13:42
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yes. I am going to have a divorce if I buy another colnago

Checkout http://www.iotexpert.com
Quote Reply

Prev Next