Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Desert Classic Du....Who?
Quote | Reply
So, who else is opening there season at McDowell? I will be there. And as usual it is going to hurt....damn those hills!

-

B.Oliver -My Blog...triguywithavx.wordpress.com
Powered by:
-accelerate3.com coaching-
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Quote Reply
Re: Desert Classic Du....Who? [115InTheShade] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately I am out, f'ed up the hamstring last weekend during the run before 24HOP when somebody ran into my back. I will be out there spectating, heckling and assisting in post race beer drinking.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be spectating as well. Look for me parked at the corner where the bike makes a left turn out of the park. I'll have my camera in hand. I've done that race and it is awesome.

---
Team Triabetes
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there racing. What's everyone planning on wearing? I have the feeling I'm going to be juggling between being too hot on the runs and too cold on the bike. I was out riding the course Sunday morning in the rain and it was definitely cold.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there for the second year and getting my a** handed to me on a plater. I'll be fine on the bike but the run will s*ck, I hate running : )

I'm bringing the beer, since my run is slow for a 55 year old!! I drive a Jeep Cherokee and of course ride this. Look me up and we can meet afterwards.

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: Desert Classic Du....Who? [Landyachtz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'll be wearing a 2XU skinsuit with armwarmers. For the first run I'll be wearing a light nylon Timex jacket. I'll take that off for the bike and second run.

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have done this race 10 or 11 times and in every year but one arm warmers for the bike were enough. One year (maybe 99?) was very cold - mid to low 30s at night and low 40s for the bike at 8:30 or so. I wore a long sleeve jersey for that one because the long downhill can be cold. If the race had been today it would have been a cold one. It was 37 at my house at 7 and probably 34 or so at the park. The weekend might be wet so I would bring some extra clothes to be safe.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm there. Coming over from So Cal. First time I've done this one. Usually start off the season with the LaQuinta tri. I'm looking forward to it!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was wondering how that was going to work out with Ragnar using the same road.

Ragnar is done Saturday.

People on that road though are going to be tired of seeing people actually exercising on
it all weekend.

-Jot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I will be in my TriSports/Accelerate3 kit and will take arm warmers along just in case. Will be riding a yellow Felt B2R.

-

Powered by:
-accelerate3.com coaching-
-**TriSports.com Save 20% Message me for one time use code {restrictions apply...see site)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be one of those RAGNAR guys! My leg doesn't run McDowell Mt. Rd. though, shame as I live here in Fountain Hills.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Desert Classic Du....Who? [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you doing the normal or ultra w/ Durapulse?

-Jot
Last edited by: gamebofh: Feb 23, 10 15:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there slow brining up the rear with my out of shape self. But I'm all up for a beer or three after the race.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Desert Classic Du....Who? [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Are you doing the normal or ultra w/ Durapulse?

-Jot

Actually I'm on a normal Masters team called Endurance Planet, I didn't even know Nick had two teams going. I already yelled at him about that :). But our team has some GREAT runners on it and we are trying to win the Masters Div. and finish in the top 5 OA.

-Of course it's 'effing hard, it's IRONMAN!
Team ZOOT
ZOOT, QR, Garmin, HED Wheels, Zealios, FormSwim, Precision Hydration, Rudy Project
Quote Reply
Re: Desert Classic Du....Who? [Bryancd] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, you got no Nick love, eh? ;)

I'm on a corporate male team. I feel confident that for the 4th straight year we will achieve
our goal of not being last. :)

-Jot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Very lofty goals!

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I road the course last weekend and there was a ton of washed out gravel a few miles in the park in the wavy up and down part of the course like 3 inches deep in some parts. Do they usually get the course pretty clean from gravel? I am just wondering on what tubes I should glue up for the race.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll be there!

Any other pros/elites heading out?

-Chris

Freelance Writer
Professional Triathlete

Connect with me on LinkedIn
Follow me on Twitter
Quote Reply
Re: Desert Classic Du....Who? [cfosterracing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in. (Not a pro or elite though, just an out of shape AGer).
Weather forecast doesnt look good.
Quote Reply
Re: Desert Classic Du....Who? [runninginaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Read all these posts. Theres' not one person "in shape" for this race. Everyone is bragging about being "out of shape".......someone is sandbagging and will need to bring lots of beer : )

Paul
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Man duathlon is painful! I didn't believe the hype. That was a wet, cold muddy race. I couldn't feel my feet coming into T2 all the way through mile 1 of the second run. Pretty sure I saw 1:39:xx as I crossed the line.

How'd everyone do?
Last edited by: Landyachtz: Feb 28, 10 11:44
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I didnt stay for the results. I think I came in 1:44 ish (female). I put on dry clothes, chatted with friends then all I could think about was getting to Starbucks, LOL.
That was my first DU and I overall enjoyed it. I was pretty miserable ont he bike but loved the runs. My first run pace was under 7, the second run was 7:15 pace but I think the 2nd run course was more challenging? The weather was awful, I was freezing off the bike and couldnt feel my feet. I thought there was something worng with my shoes because it felt like I had rocks in them, then I heard 2 guys commenting that their feet felt "like they were running on rocks" so that made me feel a bit better. I just about lost my shoes a few times in the mud. That was only my 2nd ever trail race, I definitely love running on the trails but not when it's a river, LOL. I would love to do that race again on a better day when i could enjoy the beautiful course.
Now I have to think about cleaning and drying everything that is caked in mud :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Desert Classic Du....Who? [runninginaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah that second run wasn't too bad until you hit that damn climb!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I was out there for spectating and heckling fatty errr desert dude.....
A lot of frozen feet and hands coming in from the bike, lots of people struggling in transition. I helped my friend Tim get his bike back to his car afterwards as he was too hypothermic to properly function!
Definately the day to get yourself into something dry and warm ASAP after the race. Good job to all the participants.

Kevin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1min 15sec course PR! 23rd overall/4th AG.
I have done this race for the past 7 or more years...this was the worst weather ever. First time it has rained and only 1 year I can remember it colder (but it was dry). I had arm warmers and gloves on for the first run but was sweating and heating up so I ditched them in T1. Thought it was a good idea until about 7 miles into the bike. Hands were so cold at T2 that undoing my helmet was a bit interesting! I love the trail runs (90% of my training runs are on trails) but the mud soup was pretty slick in a few places.
The kids Du had great weather though!

-