Vintage Cervelo: A Resource
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [jeremyb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yep... and heres a diff angle on that seat pod you showed before

Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [jackmott] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dude, Neon lycra and splatter paint jobs were the bomb! Nothing like rocking the neon lycra speedo. I still have an old Tinley one in a drawer somewhere, but I am afraid to try it on, the material would probably tear just trying (and yes I still weigh the same as when I last raced it).

Kevin
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Well then i was having that problem last week at our local TT,i used a vintage TT bike i had only ridden once and that was last Feb,i was back and forth so much i almost got a rash,Now i have a local friend who thinks the pro's do this to use different muscles and rest the legs. If i can get my scanner working i will try to post some pics,i have a lot of TT bike photo's,most pre 2000
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [toolguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
nah I don't think the kind of typewritering we saw on the giro winner for instance was on purpose. just hard to prevent within UCI rules and huge power

In Reply To:
Well then i was having that problem last week at our local TT,i used a vintage TT bike i had only ridden once and that was last Feb,i was back and forth so much i almost got a rash,Now i have a local friend who thinks the pro's do this to use different muscles and rest the legs. If i can get my scanner working i will try to post some pics,i have a lot of TT bike photo's,most pre 2000

Kat Hunter reports on the San Dimas Stage Race from inside the GC winning team
Aeroweenie.com -Compendium of Aero Data and Knowledge
Freelance sports & outdoors writer Kathryn Hunter
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Kenny Souza and Mark Montgomery (Monty)...your gods....

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You have any photos of these seat post /parts? I am rebuilding a GT superbike3 and have had to make a lot of post parts.

A little grainy, but this what the originals looked like. This was the "small." They had a medium (4 inch top piece) and a large (6 inch top piece). Black is the original, and blue the later years. They also used a boot to cover the gap between the frame and the seatpost top. I picked up extras because I had one of these give out when a weld broke. I also had the seat slip out of one during a race. The post is very skinny, but there are old BMX seatposts that will work in a pinch.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [R10C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There was a guy northwest US that was building a clip-on from a steel chainstay clamped on the stem had had rest elbows pads i know a woman who still has one very easy to build,,,,, Decker bars i belive
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [GT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have that piece, and i needed to go higher so i made more of the aerotubing and build a different post head, All of the tubing from those bikes(at least the GT superbikes) was sent to recycling when GT went under. I have seen a "boot' used in a few photo's what did you use?
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
There was a guy northwest US that was building a clip-on from a steel chainstay clamped on the stem had had rest elbows pads i know a woman who still has one very easy to build,,,,, Decker bars i belive

These?????

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [tsmagnum] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

Ken Nowakowski

ken@probikesltd.com
http://www.probikesltd.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thats them,remember the name while typing,that bar worked so well and would be so easy to build.
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [Ken Nowakowski] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn i was sitting with the same photo in my lap March 1988 called the cinto belt The Italions won the 100k TTT using them. Ken you a machinist?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think I've figured out how dave scott was so fast without any technology

mustaches

we need mustaches

No wonder I suck... damn Asian barely-any-facial-hair genes!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Someone needs to grap that bar,it might not fit modern stems though,it was built when quill stems were used
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [OneGoodLeg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [Rocky M] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Really i have been to Boulder two times and missed seeing that shop,I have looked everywhere for photos of these bikes.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Decker bar!! Very cool!
I rode one for a while but it failed at the weld that holds the stem clamp to the bar. Was pounding along in a tail wind (the Buda six for all you Central Texas guys) and my training partner needed to take a break. When we sat up the bar was flopping visibly and only had about a millimeter of weld leg left. The crack in the weld started at the front and propagated back so that as long as I had weight on it I couldn't tell. Another couple of minutes and I would have had a nasty face plant.
Anyway, if someone does want to reproduce this design, please spend some time on stress analysis.

Cheers,

Jim

In Reply To:
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I have that piece, and i needed to go higher so i made more of the aerotubing and build a different post head, All of the tubing from those bikes(at least the GT superbikes) was sent to recycling when GT went under. I have seen a "boot' used in a few photo's what did you use?

You need one of the medium or large seatposts? I had 2 of the original boots GT supplied, along with various size seatposts, although I sold most of them. (I used to work at a bike shop that bought all the leftover stuff from GT after production runs. We got two shipments a year- tons of crap thrown into extra bike boxes. I got my grubby little hands on everything relating to the Vengeance bikes.) If I was using the 2 inch seatpost up real high, I would use some plastic sheet, like the front of a spiral notebook, to fill in the space. If I was using a seatpost that did not have the aero shaped top, I would probably form something out of styrofoam and then cover it.

---------------

"Remember: a bicycle is an elegant and efficient tool designed for seeking out and defeating people who aren't as good as you."

--BikeSnobNYC
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Someone needs to grap that bar,it might not fit modern stems though,it was built when quill stems were used

I bet it would fit a Salsa stem like this which is nice and round.

Want: 58cm Cervelo Soloist. PM me if you have one to sell

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

aerolite pedals were popular - 33grams, aerospace grade titanium 6A- , really strong, great clearance, 360 degree entry, easy to get out, nice bearings etc etc
Last edited by: lacticturkey: Feb 7, 10 0:48
Quote Reply
Re: Retro TT stuff [lacticturkey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply

The chainrings are moved faster and slower depending on the position of the crank arm.
The Powercam crank has a cam around the bottom bracket. Some rollers run against the cam.

patented in 1977 by Larry Brown , used by Lon Haldeman to win the Race Across America, typically drop cadence to a pulsing 60 rpm, the big ring is a 60

does anyone know if they are related to ROtor Rings ?

Last edited by: lacticturkey: Feb 8, 10 1:42
Quote Reply

Prev Next