Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Gift or no gift? (new baby)
Quote | Reply
Okay...

A good friend of mine is now a grand mother....her daughter (20) now has a daughter....(no father in the picture)

The daughter (20) may, or may not put the infant in an adoptive home. She has adoptive parents "picked" but has 72 hours to agree or decline the offer of adoption. If she decides to not give up the child there is no question that "Grandma" will be the mother figure and dad will be "Grandpa" for the most part....

Do we buy baby gifts? Wait until we know they are going to keep the child? Say nothing if they are not?

----------------------------------------------------------

What if the Hokey Pokey is what it is all about?
Quote Reply
Re: Gift or no gift? (new baby) [R10C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I would send flowers now. Either way, they will be appreciated.

If she keeps the baby, then get a baby gift.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yep, tc is right - wait and see... if she's a good friend of yours, you can talk to her about it and I'm sure she'll understand. Something like "so if you decide to take this on, let me know and we'll get the little spud something nice, help you with his/her room..." AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I agree w/ TC- but now i wanna know what happened... do tell!

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Re: Gift or no gift? (new baby) [sdtrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well, this just came to an end. "mom" and "Grandma" took the baby home from the hospital - breaking the hearts of the adoptive parents. "Sperm Donor's" parents showed up and wanted rights, despite their son already signing away his rights as a parent (and opening adoption potential). Grandma was ready to take on the infant (as she does not and has not worked - married to a very well of medical professional). Then, suddenly mom decides to give the infant to the adoptive parents (last Thursday - two days ago)...Grandma is devastated, paternal Grandparents are claiming they are going to sue for rights and a poor infant is being used as a pawn.

Oh, and I did buy three really cute outfits at Babies R Us for the little girl to have, no matter who is dressing her.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Wow that is unbelievable. Poor little girl. So unfair to her?

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
do what is right for the CHILD

Protect the defenseless...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Re: Gift or no gift? (new baby) [SallyShortyPnts] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know this is not my child right? It is also not my place to say anything to anyone involved as long as the child is safe. One set of parents include a heart surgeon, the other a endodontist, and the adoptive parents are both dentists...I am pretty sure they can figure things out with out my advice.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Oh, and I did buy three really cute outfits at Babies R Us for the little girl to have, no matter who is dressing her.

That's really sweet. My best wishes for the baby and her parents, whomever they are.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
All these highly educated set of parents and the adult children still can't have sex without getting knocked up? losers. Heartbreak for everyone, including the adoption parents. and another broken child is born.
Quote Reply
Re: Gift or no gift? (new baby) [timberdick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No one will ever convince me that this child is broken....this child is only days old and has MANY capable and caring people who love her. Though she may have been a 'mistake' there is no doubt that there are many who are blessed that she is here and they WILL do the right thing and be sure that this is one happy little girl and will remain as such for the rest of her life.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Those of us who were adopted as infants aren't broken.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
maybe you could give as a gift birth control to the woman and man, along with a cute outfit.
Quote Reply
Re: Gift or no gift? (new baby) [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I feel kids that are adopted are not broken. they will be with new fresh people with no history. The kids that are raised in the crazy situation that is described in this post, grandparents fighting with grandparents, mom not knowing what she wants, etc. are the ones affected the most.
Quote Reply
Re: Gift or no gift? (new baby) [timberdick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hopefully this is all cleared up before the baby even knows what is going on.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply