Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

weekend plans
Quote | Reply
Is anyone up to anything fun? I'm looking forward to meeting up with some ST PacificNW womens and a few super lucky ST mens for a snowshoeing adventure on Saturday.

What's on your weekend agenda?
Quote Reply
Re: weekend plans [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Work: lots of work.

New Year's Resolution crowds keep life at the gym very busy...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sat an Sun AM, lots of riding. Probably gonna get dropped by some boys. Fun? I don't know. Then hanging at the beach, BBQing and stand up paddling Sunday afternoon. Probably some more SUP and hiking on Monday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This is my first week of school so I'll have some homework to do. Luckily, I have a long weekend, since M is MLK day.

Going to see "The Lovely Bones" with my mom tomorrow.
Going to watch, but not compete, in a masters' swim meet on Sunday. I just want to see some of my friends there.

Reading, playing with the cat, napping, walking, and cycling. Maybe xc ski or snowshoeing too.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
hubby wants me to lower his motorcycle for him (i bought him the parts for christmas), and since it's supposed to be nice (read: above freezing) we'll probably take the motorcycles out for a spin afterwards...then likely hop on the mountain bikes for some trail cruising.

hopefully either ice skating or xc ski on sunday, depending on whether or not i have a spare $30 to get into the conservation area and rent skis for us or not. if not, skating is free! :p

hitting the trainer tonight. haven't done nearly enough riding this week..

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Haven't spent a lot of time in this forum lately, but this is one thread I can jump onto. Saturday is another volleyball tournament for my daughter. Their team is in the top tier of the province (currently ranked 6th) and this is the first time all top teams will be competing against each other. Big tournament for them and they need to finish top 8 in order to stay at this tier. It's going to be some great volleyball. I can't wait!!

Sunday will be a recovery day from the tournament. It sounds silly, but we're always exhausted after the all-day tournaments. Household stuff, sleeping in, etc. Will do my run and maybe get my bike set up on the trainer (still haven't gotten around to doing that).
Quote Reply
Re: weekend plans [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well then, a big good luck to your daughter! Sounds like a big deal that'll involve much screaming and much stressing out by Mom!!

Boyfriend is coming up to visit (6hr drive). We have a 6-8mi run tomorrow morning w/small group and roller derby tomorrow night followed by the Colts game! Sunday will be recovery and lazy with maybe a splash in the pool or a short trainer ride.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Football on Sat, maybe ice skating with K; Football + long run on Sun. I love playoff season but it sure puts a crimp in my training.

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As one of the aforementioned ST PacificNW womens, I'm excited to go snowshoeing tomorrow. ;-) I'm also looking forward to seeing one of my friends who's coming up from Northern California on Sunday with her husband and new baby. Not to mention other important three-day weekend traditions like sleeping in and general laziness...

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Re: weekend plans [mdraegernyc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bike and run in the morning Yoga when the girls go to bed, other than the training side, just enjoy some fun with my babies.x
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sat: Ride, walk, dinner out; read

Sun: Go to bike race skills clinic, help new gal out who will be doing her first race (but no race for me since coach blasted me this week for racing); ride some more; walk; laundry; dinner out; read

Mon: 7:30 AM physical therapy appt.; ride; weights, probably work a little bit; attend tri club kickoff meeting that night; read

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Snowshoeing with a rumor of cupcakes and fresh baked bread coming along.

:-)

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Saturday -- am: Cross Country Ski lesson and adventure in the Kettle Moraine; pm: dinner with friends
Sunday -- either a ride or run depending on my legs; some house cleaning and cooking for the week (I must get back in the swing of doing this).

Have a great time snowshoeing with the PacificNWers!
Quote Reply
Re: weekend plans [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Snowshoeing with some really cool PNWgals and a few of their equally-cool partners. Cupcakes have been bought (24 minis so we can try a few!)...trying not to break into them tonight. :)

Really excited to see everyone tomorrow!

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Re: weekend plans [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Get ready to lose. :)

http://konabound.tumblr.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's almost 50 degrees here! so I'm going biking outside! Have to work MLK day even though it is a company holiday, but am going to enjoy the "warm weather" the days I do have off.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Getting the house cleaned and stuff ready for an upcoming surgery (on me, not the house...but I don't want to be laid up and staring at dust bunnies, unable to get after them :p).

then...

PLAYOFF FOOTBALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

Skol, Vikings!!!!!!!

mmm-mmm-Momo Charms
Handmade beverage charms, jewelry, and miscellanea

http://momocharms.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Re: weekend plans [mmrocker13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm cranky today.

Yesterday: walked, lifted, read, fell asleep reading, did homework, watched [taped] Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice and treated myself to some delicious 80% dark chocolate, did homework, read.

Today: walked, biked, went to watch a swim meet and say hello to some friends, got roped into swimming tomorrow morning :D and am now home... write in journal, read newspaper, do homework, read book. Maybe take a nap, I'm tired.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm taking my son skiing tomorrow up to the Catskills. It is snowing there now and they should get 6-10 inches of new snow! My daughter is staying home because she wants to sleep in (teenagers!)
Quote Reply
Re: weekend plans [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This is my first week of school so I'll have some homework to do. Luckily, I have a long weekend, since M is MLK day.

Going to see "The Lovely Bones" with my mom tomorrow.
Going to watch, but not compete, in a masters' swim meet on Sunday. I just want to see some of my friends there.

Reading, playing with the cat, napping, walking, and cycling. Maybe xc ski or snowshoeing too.

Speaking of school-do you have a new roomie this semester? I miss the drama!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How weird! I went snowshoeing in the PacNW too!
Quote Reply
Re: weekend plans [alharaka] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So......what was that again?? Lose what?? Just checking...ha =)

Roller derby took the first half of the game, the second half at the bar had far more conversation, pool and beer in it than football....but all worked out well in the end w/o my direct supervision.

AW
Quote Reply
Re: weekend plans [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This weekend is my birthday! (Friday)

I am soloing (well, taking a dog) snowshoe backpacking 2 nights (Friday and Saturday). Heading up north Friday after work, backpacking into the site in the dark, then Saturday night (and Kraft Dinner for dinner, YUMMY) and heading out Sunday (should be driving home in a snowstorm, which will be fun).

My bf thinks I'm weird b/c I'm excited to go solo backpack on my birthday (a friend was supposed to be coming, but since he can't make it, I can take my UL one-man tent AND have KD for dinner Saturday, so it's more than all good). :D
Quote Reply