Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thats what I figured to do I have my weekly mileage based on starting challenge on a tuesday. So Tuesday would take one run then take wed. off (planned ski day with the son on weds) then a run everyday after that. Just dont know if it will be a 4 miler or 6-8 miler guess I would go by how my body feels. Might even take two days off weds. and mon. What happened to JoeO did not see him on standings ?

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Joe you are off the chart . Hope it was a mistake I was kind of using ya as a inspiration to run. I am just about to start the longer run portion after a light week. Was thinking about mirrroring your runs. If i could ?

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Mike....I'm like that on rest days or even easy week. Everything feels like crap. I feel like a slug, and totally out of shape. I guess the body is rebuilding. My friend Barry Dmitruk says this on taper week when asked how he feels, "Old, fat, and out of shape. Looks like I am on track for a PB on Sunday...." (and usually he does)!
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Went for a nice run 10.5 mile run Kept the pace down to around 9 minute mile maybe even a bit more. Then somebody had the audassidy (spelling) to pass me at around mile 7.5 . Like a mtn. lion springing into action I kept pace with staying about 30' feet behind for a mile. I guess he was just out for a mile and a half sprint because when we turned the corner he went about another 50 feet and stopped huffing and puffing. I quickly changed up pace back to around 8 minute mile and kept going. Think the "sprint" was about a 7min / 6.50 min mile pace. i had more but felt no need to pass. Good to know I had lots left in tank at that point of run. I need that for my outside runs more often because I seem to get stuck in a rut pace wise outside.

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Like a mtn. lion springing into action I kept pace with staying about 30' feet behind for a mile."

Dude, don't be that guy...
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I held myself back as I knew as i was in no competition. So I am not "that guy". But more think the other guy was since he was just about dbl. his pace when he turned around and passed me. Or you saying pass him dont get passed? Point of my run today was going a bit longer and keeping form. i am Saying it was nice to have someone push me 3/4 into run for that sort of confidance boost .

Last edited by: bmanners: Jan 2, 10 10:05
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just back from two weeks of vacation on Maui, with no computer. The log here is caught up now. I had high hopes for lots of extra training but it didn't work out that way. I didn't even get a run in every day so I'm way behind on the spread sheet now. I did manage to participate in an 'Aluminum Man' swim/run event that I found listed on the Valley Isle Road Runners website. Another day, I rode a bike from Paia on the coast to the top of Haleakala (10,000+ ft elevation), and back, with these guys. Awesome ride, highly recommended! Happy New year ST!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Joe you are off the chart . Hope it was a mistake I was kind of using ya as a inspiration to run. I am just about to start the longer run portion after a light week. Was thinking about mirrroring your runs. If i could ?

Well it seemed kinda silly to be on it when this upcoming year is just a run-focused year and I'm not really triathlon training like the rest of you. I've been biking once a week and not swimming at all. I'm doing Mooseman and Timberman but I am not concerned with how I do at them.

Still if you want to see what I am doing you can always read the workouts I do. I guess I can keep logging them. The link to any user just requires the user name. Mine is this:

http://training.slowtwitch.com/members?user=joeo
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Micawber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, the winner of the "race to the sun" was under 3 hours.....36 miles, 10,000 ft...but what's the actual grade, cause this works out to 5% average....I take it that there must be stretches that are much much steeper!
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
this question may get lost here, with 450+ posts, but this is my first 100/100 and i was wondering about how the logging/tallying works.

looking at the challenge, i have a frequency of 8 listed. But I've run 21 times since Dec 15th. Is my frequency supposed to be 21?

also, i can't seem to get my new year's eve run to "stick" when it's entered. I fill out the data, hit "enter", and it never shows up in the log. Is this a glitch that sometimes happens?

I've used both a PC with firefox, and a mac with safari to try entering it, if that matters at all.

thanks for any input, and carry on...
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks joe need a little more guidance to bring my level up a bit. Dont know if I can do that mileage in the times you are doing them or even do all the mileage you doing. But I will try. Been pretty much focusing on running right now. Funny enough think I gained 3-4 lbs from running in the last weeks.

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [ZippityDuDah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
okay, answered my own entry question...clicked "calendar" to find the date instead of manually typing it, and that worked.

still wondering about the frequency, though. why i have 8 listed, instead of the total # i've done.

thanks...

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Nobody's constipated on race morning
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [ZippityDuDah] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,
A run needs to be 30 minutes or more or it doesn't count towards the challenge. I see that you have a New Year's day run of 38 minutes (with a headache ;-))
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thanks joe need a little more guidance to bring my level up a bit. Dont know if I can do that mileage in the times you are doing them or even do all the mileage you doing. But I will try. Been pretty much focusing on running right now. Funny enough think I gained 3-4 lbs from running in the last weeks.

That's a very common experience. Whenever I really up the mileage, I tend to find I actually gain a couple of pounds. I suspect that it is mostly the water used to store the extra glycogen your muscles need. Once your body realizes it's going to need that, it gets really good at storing glycogen.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Wow, the winner of the "race to the sun" was under 3 hours.....36 miles, 10,000 ft...but what's the actual grade, cause this works out to 5% average....I take it that there must be stretches that are much much steeper!

The lower third of the elevation seemed easier, or I was just fresher. More false flats maybe but there was very little level or down hill. I think the hardest thing about the climb was that it was so relentless. I asked about the ride at the shop a few days before and the mechanic said most of the climb was 6% to 8% with a few sections up to 13%. Maybe he was just trying to make sure I took it seriously. My Garmin said the return trip was between 114 and 115 km, so a bit under 36 one way. I rounded up for the log. I worked out the average grade at a bit over 5% too but it sure seemed tougher.

I managed to sneak a short run in this evening. Man, I've been getting out of shape on vacation and, to tell the truth, all through the back end of last year as well. Time to get back at it.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hi,
A run needs to be 30 minutes or more or it doesn't count towards the challenge. I see that you have a New Year's day run of 38 minutes (with a headache ;-))

ahh, i see now when i read the first post on the thread. thanks for the clarification.
i had only read the "challenge" page on the training log, which didn't mention the 30-minute rule.

Most of my runs are at lunch, and are 25 mins, so i think i'll just drop the challenge and keep doing my own thing. I just dove-tailed into this from my own 100/100 i started back in september. I got in 92 runs since then, but a ton were only in that 25 min range. I'll be lucky to get 3 a week longer than that, so i doubt i'll crack 50 at that rate!

c'est la vie.

enjoy the challenge though
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could also overestimate how many calories you have burned and overcompensate. I realised few years ago that when I was really tired I was eating more than I needed, probably having in mind that food is good for recovery and using it also as a reward (hard workout = more yummy food).

Francois-Xavier Li @FrancoisLi
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing." George Bernard Shaw
http://www.swimrunfrance.fr
http://www.worldofswimrun.com
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Fix] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
10.25 miles in 18 degree weather with at least a constant 10-15 mph wind with gust up to 25 mph + . More then half of run was into the wind on roads between open fields. Felt good it was like I was sprinting when all the sudden the gust of winds would slow down and I had my momentum going forward. Think I even averraged out a bit better then yesterday with no sprint at mile 8 or so.

Quote | Reply
not nearly as tough as you. logged another 15 miles on the treadmill this am. sidewalks still not completely clear in denver to run that distance in the dark and not risk slipping and breaking something. so i pansied up to the treadmill.

"In life we don't regret the things we do, but for lack of courage the things we don't" - Anonymous
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [DrDre] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What I did is not as tough as spending 15 miles on a dreadmill. Aint nuttin painsy like

Quote | Reply
4.1 miles in cold rain and wind, over unplowed sidewalks and through puddles of sand-flavored margaritas (with salt, of course). I dunno . . . might possibly be willing to run on a treadmill instead of this.

Missed my run yesterday - was weatherbound out of town, without running shoes or proper clothes. Have been falling behind a good bit in general. Life keeps getting in the way.

Don't anticipate gaining much ground really soon. I promised myself not to do as much spreadsheet chasing this year. Going to try to avoid doing doubles unless a) one of them is long, b) one of them is fast, or c) they're part of a run commute.

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In the words of the Duke, that run was Re-goddamned-diculous. Appropriate running weather is today in the OC, 79 degrees, high scattered clouds, you know, shorts weather.

You are waaay tougher than I want to be on the weather front.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Micawber] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I love the volcano ride reports. I gotta go do this one some time.

Sat and Sun were both big days of CT riding and XC skiing. No running to report. I'll get back to the running tomorrow when I am back to work and won't have mid day access to bikes nor skis. Running can be done anywhere at anytime. That's why it is so awesome!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
4 and change mile run in 32 min on dreadmill at hdqtr's b4 work. fekt good to open up a bit there were some 10 mph 15-30 sec. sprints in there. New shoes did not come in yet. They should be in tommorow bought 2 prs. of 2140's. probably should stock pile more before I can not get them anymore. Treated myself to a nice N.Y. strip steak w/sweet potato , corn biscuit and turkey hill banana split ice cream. Was a pre celeb dinner for hitting 210 miles in three weeks. Figured all the Glycogen JoeO was talking about needed some company :)

Quote | Reply
I also did 15 on the treadmill. We had another 8 inches of snow around here so I wan't interested in slip-slidin away.
Quote Reply

Prev Next