Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Women 100/100 thread?
Quote | Reply
Hi girls!! Just wondering how many of us are doing Dev's 100/100 challenge? Might be nice to have a thread going about our runs - you know, the good, the bad, the ugly. I find it seriously motivating when I know that others are getting out there and getting their running in, regardless of weather, family commitments, etc.

Anyone trying for the full 100? I have not decided quite yet, but I am surely going for at least 90. Had a great run today, even though it was -18 with the windchill, and the shortest day of the year!
Quote Reply
Re: Women 100/100 thread? [Angela K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am doing it, and would be happy with 80 but will definitely try hard to get as close to 100 as possible. I love these challenges at this time of year - otherwise I'd gain four billions pounds ;-)

Stoopid holidays

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You know, any minute now, some guy who's lurking here is going to pipe up with some sort of wiseass remark about a 100 women in 100 days challenge.

Oh, wait . . .

-----
Over 4.5 years bike crash free.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm in the challenge, though i know i won't do 100/100...i'm only running 4 or 5 days/week, but trying to get myself ready for a 30k road race (have done a half marathon, but this will be my longest yet) in march 2010.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Is that the Around The Bay (or something) race I hear alot about....? I so want to do that one! Good on ya!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Women 100/100 thread? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
thanks! yep, it's around the bay in hamilton, ON - i've heard a lot about it, too, and want to see what all the hype is about!

it's only about 80km away from my front door, which makes it a no-brainer, and i figure it'll give me a good running base for the start of the season :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I'm in, but have done a whopping 2 runs so far so it doesn't look like I'm gonna light up the rankings :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm in and am actually on day 22 of a run streak. Sadly the first 14 don't count. I intend to do all 100 but there will have to be some doubles to pull it off. I'm doing a race in a couple weeks that will require at least one rest day.

I'm such a nut case that I did an easy 30 minutes on the treadmill after a morning snowshoe. I came home, took a nap, then got on the treadmill. Heh...those boys don't know who they are dealing with.

My record is 103 consecutive days. Not all 30+ minutes but I did run every day!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Last edited by: JenHS: Dec 22, 09 12:59
Quote Reply
Re: Women 100/100 thread? [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Awesome Jen!! I am sure you will get there - I have read some of your posts and blogs and you are seriously dedicated! You go girl! I am going to have to do some doubles, too. Did one today! I am looking forward to the next week, when I will be in San Francisco and running in nice weather instead of this insane cold and snow!

Where do you run? What race are you doing?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am in too! I have run at lest 30 min each day. Saturday I did the 70 min run followed by 2 hour snowshoe so I am crazy like you Jen! Michael Covey took us up to Hayak. You should come with us sometime!

Second season here we go!

http://rachel-ironman2009.blogspot.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi all you ladies! I don't post much but read in the Ladies every day out of sheer interest, and y'all are very inspiring. I entered the 100/100 this year (never did before) to try to get back some running form.... and prepare for the Boston Marathon. Good luck to you all, can't wait to hear the stories we will all have to tell come March.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bugger - this hasn't been going well this week. got my run (that i missed on saturday) in on monday, but last night was totally eaten by a plumbing disaster and tonight probably will be, too...assuming i'd like to have a functional kitchen sink again by christmas! :(

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
My best snowshoe buddy is leaving right after Christmas so I'd love to join ya'll. He can be tough to keep up with!

Got in my 60 minutes yesterdy. Finished at 9:15 pm. I was really wrestling with how long to run but I'd given in to the Taco Time drive-thru so I did the full hour on my schedule. Yes, TT is gross but it is the one fast food joint I eat at and I only do it once a month.

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Women 100/100 thread? [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Bummer - hate when crazy life stuff gets in the way! We have been doing reno's, living on the top floor of our house, and the basement (so at least I can hit the treadmill). Off to San Francisco tomorrow to visit family, so I will be sure to get a run on the TM in the morning before we go. 10-12 hours of flying with a 2 1/2 year old, on Christmas Eve - am I crazy?? AND we have to connect in Chicago - yikes! Maybe my second run of the day will be through the airport chasing my little guy!

Have a wonderful Christmas, Slowtwitch Chicks!! We ROCK!!!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How is everyone's running going? I did a couple of treadmill runs this week due to ice. We had a ton of snow on Christmas Eve, followed by rain on Christmas Day which has left the sidewalks in horrible condition. Several of the running paths are in OK shape so I have had to drive to get to one of those to run. Although not all of them are in great condition and this morning I ran on a different path, it was still dark so hit the ice and it was full of divets and a mess. Happy to get back with both ankles unsprained! Sort of embarassed to put my time and distance in the training log but figured for what I dealt with it would have to do. Thank goodness for Yak Traks!! I am enjoying the challenge, my goal is 90 runs; so far have missed one day. I am thinking of doing a midnight run on New Years Eve.
Quote Reply
Re: Women 100/100 thread? [lmnilson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Haven't missed a day yet this month. I'm going to do 9 miles tomorrow so I can wrap up December with 150 miles and a run every day. Good way to end the year.

Trail running on a local mountain after work is kicking my ass. Really steep, lots of rocks and roots so I have to pay close attention. We got in 6 miles last night and I was barely able to stay awake past 10.

Next week I'll be taking some days off in prep for a 50k on the 9th. Not sure what I'll do with myself!

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
poorly. plumbing issues last week (finally solved on christmas eve!), then christmas chaos, and now my stupid ankle is aggravated again.

around the bay may not happen in the spring. will have to wait and see how it goes - found some strengthening exercises for the sore muscle/tendon and did them last night, and will continue doing them until i get this thing solved. it's been on and off since the end of august, and i'm sick of it! i'd rather be healthy and postpone around the bay until 2011 than try to race it undertrained due to an injury, or try to train on the sore ankle and possibly end up unable to run at all.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Good luck on the 50k and hope there will be a race report! I really enjoy reading race reports especially for races that I can't imagine doing like a 50k. Is the race someplace warm or will you be running through snow as well?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your plan sounds very smart - heal up and get the ankle in better shape. Races will always be there, you screw around with injuries and you can be paying the price for a very long time. Sorry to hear about your plumbing problems. Why is it that houses always want to have systems malfunctions around holidays? Whenever I think that there can't possibly be anything else that can break down I am proved wrong.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good on ya to rest. Don't give up on the Around the Bay yet, you never know how you may feel a month out from race day. Give it time... I did today as well as work has been crazy and I'm just too wiped to run. I mean I could get out there and schlepp a bad/weak-ass 30min, but I will get no benefit from it. so I'll rest and be short my goal for the month of Dec but still doing OK in the 100/100 - my goal was 80 after all ;-)

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If the weather is typical it will be in the low 40s, upper 30s and raining. In other words, crap. But, that is part of the challenge.

I wrapped up 2009 with a 31 day running streak, every day for the month of December. Not too bad!

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: Women 100/100 thread? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i've been doing my strengthening exercises, and already last night i could feel a big difference in the strength/pain in the ankle - could only walk on my heels for a very painful 2 x 30sec on dec. 30th, but last night i did 2 x 60sec with much less pain. so apparently the plan is working!

have been grinding away on the trainer, doing a bit of core and strength work, and bought myself a pair of training fins - figure that working on my weak-ass kick in the pool will help keep quads & glutes strong, help me work on ankle flexibility, and of course be more aerobic conditioning.

not sure i'd have time to safely ramp up mileage to do a 30k on mar 28th; i'm going to abstain from running for 2 full weeks (or more if i'm not completely pain-free walking), then try some super short stuff - just a couple of kilometers - and see how that feels. if it goes well, i'll start adding mileage again, but i want to do so slowly and around the bay wouldn't give me that luxury. i know this happened because i increased mileage too quickly, so i'm trying to get a little smarter ;)

cheers!

-mistress k