Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If a smackdown doesn't kill you, it will make you stronger. Don't you have a two race winning streak against ML after Whiteface and Timberman?
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bryan913] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
4 mile n change run at work on dread mill last nite. Nice to get paid to run, guess you can call me a pro athlete :) LOL... Going to try a 8 miler n change in a bit after my lovely wife gets back from gym since the sun decided to come out. Lots of Smackdowns going on around here Bryan. I would start talking smack about War athe shore but I glanced at times last year. You dont have a chance ... I mean .... I dont have a chance. I was checking out last years race times and averages. I was suprised to see last years Bike average mph @ War at the shore thats going to be hard to beat this coming year. DUDE you averaged 24.5 mph to my 24 I am going to have to concentrate on some biking soon. Oh not to mention the 6 minute + change beating you gave me on run. Cannot wait till my new Sportscraft rollers come in.12 minutes is a lot of time to make up but I am willing to make a go at it. Think I can close the gap by 10 minutes now.

2 641 Bryan McDonnell M 24 1/10 M2024 Oakland NJ 1 L 7:12 1:17 46:47 1:14 29:09 1:25:37

39 656 Brian Manners M 40 8/29 M4044 Robbinsville NJ 3 L 9:24 2:25 48:04 1:59 35:31 1:37:21

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
don't forget to average in that 16 year age gap as well. That has to be worth something in your favor.

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Mike Plumb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
 I thought about that but I am in denial about age and it having a affect on my performance. I can only get faster at his agewhen Bryan has already peaked. Figure I have 5-8 more years of getting faster before I stat to slow or even out. Anyway age is irrelevant when it comes to a ST smackdown as per Dev. I have to admit on run today I did stop for 20 seconds to tie my left sneaker. I did however forget to turn polar watch on till about .15 a mile into run and did not log.

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [kdw] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The current smackdown winning streak vs ML is three in a row: Whiteface, Tupper, Timberman....in all cases, ML has either mechanical issues, nutritional issues or back issues. There is no honour in defeating a man who is "limp"...every time ML beats me, we both bring our A game and the best man wins (that would be him).

The only time I seem to defeat ML or Desertdude is when they show up with the B/C/DNS/DNF games.

OK, today 90 min hard CT ride (middle hour ave 231W) followed by a steady 61 min 13K run. I am a few K ahead of my desired 56 K per week average (800K/8K per day).
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Interestingly, I have the fewest hours running of anyone in the top 125 (based on frequency) after yet another 30 minute run today. Taking it very easy, doing the bare minimum for the runs to count for the challenge and minimizing the injury risk.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [saltman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Is there something wrong wth me that I am more excited about a 2 hour run on my schedule than 30 minutes or even a rest day?

Had another sunny, fantastic day for a run. Solid 2 hours. 40 miles this week.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Absolutely not, nothing wrong with you at all.
Second run today was a bit short due to time constraints and work. Tommorow will both runs will be short also. Taking the family skiing. Which will be a exercise in futility even bringing kids friends :) but what the hell I got money to burn...I wish!! If I had CaptainCanada's money then maybe. Anybody see that new ride of his? SWEET!!! Will try to get pics of family and I skiing. What is a rest day ? Is that getting six kids ( three mine and three friends.)dressed and equipped up then ski with them and still manage two 30 some minute runs maybe longer ? About 6 miles away from 70 miles AGAIN this week and thats with TWO ... count them ...TWO....single run day's !!!!!

Last edited by: bmanners: Dec 28, 09 2:57
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey man....you don't need to do double runs every day.

In fact, you don't even need to do single runs every day, but since you have to, I advise that you get your run done BEFORE a day of downhill, where you will be continuously eccentrically loading the quads....then you'll do it again on your second run. Not really a good plan. We're only done week 2. Still 12 more to go, not to mention an entire season of training in 2010....we're not even into 2010 yet!!!!

Sometimes it is easy to get caught up in the weeds of the next workout. Look at the big forest. Its not the next workout that matters, its the collection of "next workouts" mixed up with taking it easy/resting.

Training = Work + Rest,

so do with this as you see fit, but I really don't want this to end up like Tigerchik, when I have to say "I told you so" if you happen to hurt yourself with too much of a good thing.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Absolutely not, nothing wrong with you at all.
Second run today was a bit short due to time constraints and work. Tommorow will both runs will be short also. Taking the family skiing. Which will be a exercise in futility even bringing kids friends :) but what the hell I got money to burn...I wish!! If I had Captain America's money then maybe. Anybody see that new ride of his? SWEET!!! Will try to get pics of family and I skiing. What is a rest day ? Is that getting six kids ( three mine and three friends.)dressed and equipped up then ski with them and still manage two 30 some minute runs maybe longer ? About 6 miles away from 70 miles AGAIN this week and thats with TWO ... count them ...TWO....single run day's !!!!!

Please don't tell me you are referring to me?

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
At work and had a fire come in when writing so I was typing fast Sorry about that bro! Leaving work now to get 4 miles on dreadmill before going skiing.
Got my 4 miles in have to re enter time I was a minute off but wanted to be ahead of mike for at least a minute today LOL. Loading up the beamer to go skiing. Dev skiing with 5 , 8 and 12 yearolds I dont know how much skiing I will actually get in. Like I said most likely a exercise in futility. Will see how it goes about second run ,right now body feels great.

Last edited by: bmanners: Dec 28, 09 5:42
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Tri N OC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Enjoying the challenge so far, dev. It's gotten me running more, and after a couple days of doubles last week I seem to be running faster (I almost never run doubles)

Unfortunately biking is where I need the work :)

Once you arrive at the race, deposit your excuses in the same location as last night's pasta.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [eparrot] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Did my first double today to pull back even. Enjoying it so far.

I seem to recall from last year at the ~25 day mark is where it gets more difficult mentally.

-Jot
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Whew I am getting tired of the damn treadmill. I would love to run outside but this is one of those times of the year where it is completely unsafe to run at the resort. too many tourists looking for their rental condo and not paying attention to the roads, plus my run times tenbd to be either pre 5 AM or post 9 PM.

I have worked 89 hours on my feet in the last 6 days and still managed to squeak out my run a day, so no excuses for anyone. Looking at the treadmill right now trying to get motivated to get on the damn thing. Anyone wanting to lose a quick ten pounds should work my schedule from December 23 to Jan 3. I will probably drop 8-10 pounds without trying ...

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awsome pics JenHS...I'd have to man up to run in that cold, but the pics are the right inspiration do do so...b2
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [buddyblanke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice double run today. 50 min out and back in Salinas with pickups on the way back. Felt great.

Then a very inspired 60 min on 17-mile drive in street clothes. I ran like the wind. This run is going to carry me at least until March!

-----------------------------------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [BottomFeeder] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Minus 20C and 40-60 kph winds this morning. I'm going to use this as my second non run day of the week. Morning CT ride, afternoon XC ski (intervals if I feel up to it). Came to the conclusion on my run yesterday that I did not have the fire yet to get back into a serious run program. 4 weeks break of non structured training after Clearwater was not enough of a break from a serious run program. I'll just take it as it comes for now. When I get back to work and lunch runs are the most convenient training option, I'll no doubt have the fire to run again. May as well use my vacation time to ski and bike which are harder to do during a work day.

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MINUS 20? Where do you live?

We've got the same winds this morning and it's certainly a few degrees below zero but not 20
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Going to the gym now to run on Dreadmill . Skiing with the kids was fun made a couple runs with the little guy between legs. Then he would have none of that and tried on his own for a while. He did okay Seven year old did great until he got tired and my 12 yearold girl ditched me for my buddies 12 yearold son. Oh well....headed dev's advice and did not run after. Well got home at 11:00 pm so was not much time and was beat. Two short runs today and hopefully long tommorow.

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
minus 20 C. My lungs are sensitive to cold (in that too many hard workouts, too often over the winter leaves me with a permanent cough by Feb....which I have learned through experience), especially when I start racing every weekend. There is a reason the FIS cutoff for race start is minus 20C. I'll do one cold workout in a day, but not two (part of pacing things over the entire winter season).

You do realize that there is another 45 degrees of lattitude north of where you live where it can get a lot colder, but I think we are at the same temp today (minus 4 F = minus 20 C)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Hey Dev

It was a "comfortable" -16C with a -27C windchill when I ran at 5:30 this morning so maybe I only want to live in Ottawa so I can train with you guys in the Gats during the warmer months :)

The strange thing with this weather is that it was only -1C yesterday and supposed to be -2C tomorrow.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
where do you live Antartica. Damn I would not even run out to the car in that weather. Think even Jack Daniels freezes at those temps. I ran in the gym on the dreadmill it was a comfy 68f-70f. Would have ran outside but there is a constant 10-15 mph wind with very strong gust. I can deal with 10 degree temps and so but not the wind. Funny enough saw a guy on a bike when I got home from gym. Anywho... did 40 minutes 2 seconds on dreadmill with the last 1/4 mile being 10.5 mph. for a total of 5.60 miles. No Hr strap on last few runs been to lazy to put on. Working on the Ladder 2nite have a feeling we are going to be so busy because wind that I might not get my 2nd run in. But I will "TRI"

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [buddyblanke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thx. It wasn't cold cold, like these Canadians see, but for a wimply PNWer, it was freezing.

Looks like I'm going to finish this year with a run streak for the month of December and I feel great. First days off coming next week in prep for a 50k. Not sure what I'm going to do with myself!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Allan] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Allan....I had the perfect day of training...morning was 70 min on CT with 12x2 min intervals (260-310W). Afternoon 2:10 32K XC ski with a bunch of intervals with Paul Tolomiczenko....he's skiing as fast as ever. It was minus 15C this afternoon but it felt OK. Regardless, I'll take St. Croix heat any day (thus the morning trainer workout).

Dev
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Too cold for me today. Woke up with no power, super windy and sub zero temps. The lack of hot water after made the decision to bag it really easy. Up on the ski hill they were saying neg 50 with the wind. Brutal. perfect day for sitting in front of the fire. Crap day for running.
Quote Reply

Prev Next