Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#1: How dorky does it feel to have them doing those promo video's photos?
#2: Seriously? You raced for #3 last year so you could buy a bigger ring?
#3: How long did you and Sam hand out finisher medals? Is that "part of the deal" or something
that just happens?
#3a: How many people who got their medals from you two even recognized you? My bet is a number really close to 0.

-Jot "Just finished watching IMAZ coverage with his oldest son"
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#4: Do you know if TJ has ever been in the wind tunnel with his position?

-Jot
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [gamebofh] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
#1: How dorky does it feel to have them doing those promo video's photos?
#2: Seriously? You raced for #3 last year so you could buy a bigger ring?
#3: How long did you and Sam hand out finisher medals? Is that "part of the deal" or something
that just happens?
#3a: How many people who got their medals from you two even recognized you? My bet is a number really close to 0.

-Jot "Just finished watching IMAZ coverage with his oldest son"

#1. Imagine the sensation of thinking you're walking around with a "kick me" sign on your back? And do you know the feeling when you realize you've been somewhere very public with your fly open? Combine those two feelings and multiply by about 100.

#2. In the moment, yes. I mean, your legs are screaming at you; the guy seems impossibly far away; sprinting is the last thing in the world you want to do. But 3rd is way better than 4th. And, generally speaking, I hate to lose to anyone so, in the word's of my old coach, "it would be BAMF if caught that guy." And I *definitely* thought about the fact that the $1500 between 3rd and 4th would make a big difference when it came to getting Jill a ring. I was reading the latest issue of "Inside Triathlon," and Craig Alexander says it best - in the late stages of an Ironman, you take inspiration from WHEREVER YOU CAN.

#3. I was the finishline from about 11pm onward, but they (the folks from WTC) only asked us to hand out medals for the last 15min. I think they sort of have a feel for how long we can add some "hype" and excitement to the crowd and volunteers (who have had LONG days) and ask us to help out when they think it's appropriate. There's no "obligation" to come back (i.e., we don't sign anything saying we will or anything); it's just sort of something that is done, and I'm glad it works that way.

#3a. I think 0% of the finishers did. But most everyone there spectating knew, which is nice. Reilly also announces it, since even though folks may have seen us finish, we are dressed in "normal" clothes. I really enjoy it. I actually like that the finishers don't know who we are, because it makes it about them. I'm not trying to extend my 15 minutes of fame or anything.

#4 (from your second post re: TJ & the tunnel). Yes, he has, but I'm not sure for how long or at what yaw angles.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Last edited by: Rappstar: Dec 21, 09 18:27
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks.

#4 (from your second post re: TJ & the tunnel). Yes, he has, but I'm not sure for how long or at what yaw angles.

Interesting. His position is so different that it really makes me think about the aero stuff.

-Jot

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Thanks.

Interesting. His position is so different that it really makes me think about the aero stuff.

-Jot

John Cobb has said that particular position is VERY individual, both in terms of who it will work for and what you need to do to make it work for a particular person.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm trying to make a switch to a low gluten/gluten free diet and I saw your idea for chicken tacos. Well, what kind of taco shells do you use? I'm assuming corn shells. Also, how do you prepare the quinoa? I like quinoa, but I usually mix it up to mask the nutty flavor a bit. Do you do anything to add more flavor to it?

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [S. Pinkfontaine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm trying to make a switch to a low gluten/gluten free diet and I saw your idea for chicken tacos. Well, what kind of taco shells do you use? I'm assuming corn shells. Also, how do you prepare the quinoa? I like quinoa, but I usually mix it up to mask the nutty flavor a bit. Do you do anything to add more flavor to it?

I usually buy the handmade corn "shells" (just tortillas) from Trader Joes. Or get good natural shells from a place like whole foods or similar. If you don't have a good natural market, buy the CHEAPEST corn shells you can find. The cheap ones are usually just corn, water, and salt. The somewhat more expensive ones often have other crap in them.

Depends on what I'm making it with. Usually the chicken has enough flavor to overpower the quinoa, but you can make quinoa with 1 cup quinoa, 1 cup water, and one cup chicken stock // soup (like a red pepper and tomato or butternut squash) // or something similar. Or just mix in some chili powder or the like. But usually I just rely on the flavor of the food and just make the quinoa normally.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi, I was a little curious about your bike sizing. You seem to ride frames that are typically smaller than what most people your size would ride fitted to. Do you just have real long legs and a shorter torso, prefer a more aggressive position, or something else?

http://train4autism.org/
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [coltank17] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hi, I was a little curious about your bike sizing. You seem to ride frames that are typically smaller than what most people your size would ride fitted to. Do you just have real long legs and a shorter torso, prefer a more aggressive position, or something else?

Quite long legs and a short torso. I guess I've never really gotten caught up in what size bike I *should* ride. I just ride the one that fits, whatever size that happens to be.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jordan I was looking at the kiwami Iron distance tri suits comparing the Konami and the kaiman club.

Have you worn both or do you have any feedback?

Do you have a discount code for using your name?

Thanks and good luck in the Rev's next year
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This isn't necessarily limited to IMAZ, but seeing what/how you carry in terms of hydration, nutrition, and tool/repair gear for a race, how does that differ from what you carry while training? Basically, I'm really just curious if you carry a bottle between your bars and your flat repair gear in baggies while training or do you carry utilize a different set up?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [Focker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Quite different cuts. The kaiman is cut to be a bit looser, and also to carry a lot more. I don't personally like the front zip on the kaiman. I just much prefer back zips. But I do think the wider shoulders on the kaiman offer better coverage in the sun and might be a bit more comfortable if you have broader shoulders. Clothing is very personal. It's not simply a matter of build.

I don't believe there is a discount code, but if you contact kiwami usa (or europe) they can help you select the right choice or help out with returns if you want to try both.

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [helios] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't usually carry a bottle between my bars in training because some fluid always gets on the bars and front brake. One bottle in a regular cage on frame and one in the jersey pocket in back.

I carry a regular saddle bag with:
Two co2
Inflator
More complete multi tool than what I race with
Two pedros tire levers
Two cut up tire sections to use as boots
Spare extenders (since I train on 404s) and teflon tape
Two tubes
Patches
$20

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I assume there was some time in there where you had the bars up the 8cm but the same longer cranks. What moved you to the higher position? Focus on long distance racing? Windtunnel? General discomfort?

Visit The Chipotle Calorie Calculator
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats on the race! I have a question that maybe isn't specific to IMAZ, but:

Does your stomach ever get unhappy during a race or do you have your nutrition so dialed that it is just not a concern? If it does give you problem, do you have any tricks on what to do to get it happy again?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [Eessor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
necromancy!
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [Eessor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Does your stomach ever get unhappy during a race or do you have your nutrition so dialed that it is just not a concern? If it does give you problem, do you have any tricks on what to do to get it happy again?

+1
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [electusunus] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I assume there was some time in there where you had the bars up the 8cm but the same longer cranks. What moved you to the higher position? Focus on long distance racing? Windtunnel? General discomfort?

I'm assuming you mean 8mm, not 8cm, as in the fact that I added the 8mm risers under my aerobar pads. That was just a feeling of very slight discomfort when climbing in the aerobars. I tend to run right on the borderline of too closed a hip angle, especially on 175 cranks. So 8mm was perfect...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

I haven't had it happen in a long time. But the two best things, IME, are salt & coke. If I ran into problems, I take more of each of those.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will it be a duathlon this year???????

Well, you did say anything
Last edited by: ChrisM: Aug 6, 10 11:47
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sorry it was late and obviously my reading comprehension was lacking. I thought it had sad CM - 8mm is nothing.

Visit The Chipotle Calorie Calculator
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [ChrisM] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Will it be a duathlon this year???????

Well, you did say anything

I'd be very surprised, knowing the amount of money that the race brings in to Tempe and knowing how many people would not show up unless they knew the lake was full...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Digging this up to ask an equipment question. Did you run a 54 or 55-tooth chain ring at IMAZ for the return back into town each lap? What's your opinion on 53 vs 54 or 55 for this race for someone looking to ride the course at 225 watts - 4:50-5:00 or so.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [dongustav] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Digging this up to ask an equipment question. Did you run a 54 or 55-tooth chain ring at IMAZ for the return back into town each lap? What's your opinion on 53 vs 54 or 55 for this race for someone looking to ride the course at 225 watts - 4:50-5:00 or so.

53 is what I've run every year. Never really wished for more either.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Glad to hear that, thanks for the quick reply.
Quote Reply

Prev Next