Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Dev - this is irritating the hell out of me. The subject of this thread is wrong:

We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge

Should be

We're ON 100 Runs in 100 Days Challenge

I know it is petty but can you fx it?

a bit like asking the police to charge Tiger's wife with assault with a deadly weapon...

It's not about the bike, it's just along for the ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [roadhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Etiquette my man, etiquette. No stalking your Lavender Room fights into the Main forum.
Quote Reply
Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dev felt real good this morning ran 40 min 35 sec. for 6.41 miles. I had the 10 k in 38 min. 30 sec. Then brought it down slowly to a walk. To bad it was on a dreadmill I hope it equates to the field in the spring. Did it right after a hour and 5 minutes on the spin bike also so it was a nice brick workout. Average Hr was 165 bpm and Max Hr was 175 bpm. I need to learn to pace and push myself that hard when on solid ground. Not forgetting about the bike just mixind it in with a bit more swimming.

Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Talking of translating pace on a treadmill to the field ...

My PR for 4 miles on a (flat) treadmill is 27 mins, but in the field (my hilly routes) I can only manage 29 mins. I assumed that wind resistance at these speeds was negligible and I could attribute all 2 mins of that difference to the hills. Is that a good assumption? Or is there a percent I should allow for the difference between the surfaces (I run mostly on tarmac [aka blacktop?]).
Quote Reply
Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [madfuzu] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
  would say so that difference is because of hills and wind. Remeber if it is out and back the wind helps you too. They say a 1 to 2% incline on treadmill mimics the conditions outside the best.

Re: Dec 15th: We're ON 100 Runs in Run Days Challenge [Tri N OC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Etiquette my man, etiquette. No stalking your Lavender Room fights into the Main forum.

originally i was kidding by doing that. anywho, it's looking like a great day to run in the cold.

It's not about the bike, it's just along for the ride.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey what's the deal with the "Last Workout" column? It's always wrong. It always shows that I did the exact same 6.5 mile run.

When I click it, it does take me to the actual last run I did but the number in the column of the challenge always says "6.5 mi", regardless of how long that last run was.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hey, I noticed the same thing last nite when I entered my second workout. The last workout feature was working on all challenges through the year, so don't know what is going on. Will confirm with Rappstar.

Dev
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hey, I noticed the same thing last nite when I entered my second workout. The last workout feature was working on all challenges through the year, so don't know what is going on. Will confirm with Rappstar.

Dev

That's my fault. If you recall a couple days ago, the site was very slow. There were some problems with the query that fetched the last workout. So I modified it, so it is much faster, but it is apparently not correct. I will work on it today...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Being a newlywed and all that, I am sure there are more pressing things at the top of your priority list than fixing a field called last workout for a bunch of anonymous internet tri geeks doing a virtual training camp. While we greatly appreciate the support, do it when it works for you. We all know our last workout and if we actually want to see some other guy's last workout, it is as easy as clicking on his name and looking through his/her profile
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
That's my fault. If you recall a couple days ago, the site was very slow. There were some problems with the query that fetched the last workout. So I modified it, so it is much faster, but it is apparently not correct. I will work on it today...

Actually it's fine with me if you get rid of the column altogether. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't see the last workout anyone did as being something that illuminating.

And I should say that I did notice and appreciate how much faster that page is.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Actually it's fine with me if you get rid of the column altogether. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't see the last workout anyone did as being something that illuminating. "

x2 !

------------------------------
Another IM in 2016 - hopefully..
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Being a newlywed and all that, I am sure there are more pressing things at the top of your priority list than fixing a field called last workout for a bunch of anonymous internet tri geeks doing a virtual training camp. While we greatly appreciate the support, do it when it works for you. We all know our last workout and if we actually want to see some other guy's last workout, it is as easy as clicking on his name and looking through his/her profile

Okay, all fixed now. It was a good brain exercise. I feel very clever as a result. ;)

Still should be very fast (though marginally less fast than before).

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
day off running for me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Actually it's fine with me if you get rid of the column altogether. I don't know about the rest of you, but I don't see the last workout anyone did as being something that illuminating.

I'll be a vote for liking it. When things shake out a bit in a few weeks it lets me keep track of my competition;-) Now, I know you could reasonably respond that I should be running to my own plan but, it helps motivate me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks for fixing the title. :-)

Got in another trail run in the dark last night. Lots of fun but it leaves me pretty wiped out. Was 10 minutes late for my 9:00 am meeting this morning. DOH!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [IRONwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
day off running for me.

Same here. I was ahead by a day, so I figure I'll use my energy to wrestle down a tree and take it home for the kids to decorate. In about 5 minutes I'm walking out the door for 2 weeks of vacation. Two weeks of family fun, trail running, snow shoeing, and tequila hangovers.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Im a day ahead also, Im going for probably 80/100 since my IMCDA training starts around feb 7. The problem with logging the runs is it makes me want to NOT take a rest day even though I know I should.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [IRONwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Triple up now.

Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Can someone explain how the points system works? And for that matter, why is there a points system? This isn't a competition between others (even though I am sure some like to make it that ways!)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I always want a rest day. I work outside . It was cold in N NY today. But I ain't got but 3 miles to run today
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
triple up...no way, last thing I need is an injury, im planning to just keep it easy till february then start going fast, ive been trying hard to keep my pase fairly slow. I don want to burn out in a month.
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [skyman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Can someone explain how the points system works? And for that matter, why is there a points system? This isn't a competition between others (even though I am sure some like to make it that ways!)

I believe the points system is a way to compare running to biking to swimming. You get points for logging mileage (or yardage). You get 1 point for every 400m of running, 100m of swimming or 1 mile of biking. When determining total amount of work done, it is a better method than using total time since we all know 1hr on the bike is not equivalent to 1hr running.

Jason Pedersen
RunPd.com - Running as fast I can since '93
@jasonpedersen
Quote Reply
Re: 100/100 Runs Challenge (Started Dec 15th, not too late to join) [Jason P] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

I believe the points system is a way to compare running to biking to swimming. You get points for logging mileage (or yardage). You get 1 point for every 400m of running, 100m of swimming or 1 mile of biking. When determining total amount of work done, it is a better method than using total time since we all know 1hr on the bike is not equivalent to 1hr running.

Correct. You can do swim, bike, run or points challenges. A points-based challenge is the most relevant way to compare for triathlon-training.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

Correct. You can do swim, bike, run or points challenges. A points-based challenge is the most relevant way to compare for triathlon-training.

Thanks! I just started using the training log for the 100 day challenge and was not familar with how the points system worked.
Quote Reply

Prev Next