Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Getting Back At It
Quote | Reply
Wow, I'm just days away from going from MEL K back to YVR K. Unfortunately my year in Aus has been nothing but work stress, far too much wine (okay can you ever have too much Aussie wine?) and food. Now question is how do I go from an over weight out of shape slug, back to being race ready for a half ironman in June, and IMC #5 in Aug. I think this will be one rough road back. Karen

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply
Re: Getting Back At It [MEL K] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck!

FWIW, I lost 45 lbs from July 07 to April 08 when I did IMAZ. Got myself back in shape and had a great race in AZ.

A little diligence and it can me done!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Yay! You're (almost) back! Well... you let me know when you wanna go for a ride, or a long run... you call Janka up and see if she's got room for you at Masters... you rejoin the Y marathon group... you COME HOME. Once you're here, and you see everyone out there you'll get right back into it. You, of all people I know, can do this.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aussie wine (and wine in general) costs three times as much in Canada so you'll have to cut back!

Tons of time to be ready for IMC and Oliver, or whichever half you're doing.
Quote Reply
Re: Getting Back At It [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks Andy, and others. I have already arranged to get back in to my masters, and I've joined a trip club to get more swimming and other options too. I left a great network of training partners as well I just hope they won't mind waiting for my slow body from time to time. Hopefully I will come back stronger. I'm also hoping that the break from training for a year will allow me to come back stronger. Only time will tell. Right now though I'm going to enjoy my last few days in Aus.

---------------------------------------------------------------

"There's good all around you, you just have to be able to see it".
Quote Reply