Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Resting HR issues
Quote | Reply
13 days ago I started to not feel so well. Like I had been climbing stairs; when I was just sitting on the couch. I was feeling exhausted (for no reason) and felt out of breath. I eventually took my heart rate and it was a lot higher than normal. Typically my resting HR is between 40-50; it was in the 70’s. Since then things haven’t changed, nor have they ‘let up’. My average resting heart rate for 13 days now has been between 60-80bpm. I’ve had all kinds of labs done an EKG and so far there is no clear explanation as to why this is happening (no new medications, haven’t been sick, in very good shape). I’m only 37 and am wondering what the heck is going on with me.

Has anyone had anything similar happen to them?

Quote | Reply
pericarditis?

do you have any pain? nausea?

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Resting HR issues [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Achyness and pressure but not real pain. I haven't felt great but I wouldn't say it was nausea either.

Quote | Reply
pressure where? chest region? how's your appetite?

You could have a virus, any fever? friend of mine had a virus in his heart muscle itself. hard to diagnose.

AP

------------------------
Last edited by: AndyPants: Dec 15, 09 12:04
Quote Reply
Re: Resting HR issues [RunMomRun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hope you feel better soon. Just wanted to commend you for seeing the Dr. first, then asking ST. Most guys do it the other way around.

"It doesn't get any easier, you just go faster"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Pressure yea in the chest region. No fever though.

Quote | Reply
what bloodwork was done?

------------------------
Quote Reply
Re: Resting HR issues [RunMomRun] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My hubby had pericarditis - scary stuff, they did not catch it until it almost squeezed his heart to the point of stopping it. They had to cut him open and drain a litre of fluid from around his heart. He was training for a marathon during this whole time and was feeling like crap. Don't let them tell you its nothing, get checked for everything imaginable.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
They checked my thyroid (normal), something that tells if u might have a blood clot somewhere (no), if I have precursor signs of heart failure (no). I did go to the ER over this (as recommend by the oncall RN through my insurance). I know they ran a lot of blood work tests but the ER Doc was a jackass and told me it was in my head, didn't go into detail about what they checked and pretty much pushed me out the door. I was so pissed off I didn't demand to know exactly what they did.

Two years ago I went to my cardiologist just to get a baseline established (big heart issues in my family) and he did say that he heard a small amt of regurg w/ my mitral valve but felt like it was within normal variance. He mentioned yesterday something about wondering if that valve is having issues.

Yesterday he put me on toporal hoping it would slow my HR down which it has (some). I do not have high blood pressure though. Next week I'm scheduled to do a stress test and I think an ultrasound.

Quote | Reply
yeah you had a d-dimer for clotting... sounds a lot like the testing I had done about 18mo ago. similar symptoms but more nausea and fatigue than high HR... of course when I finally got to ER, they thought it was PE, then ruled pretty much everything out (PE, CHF, etc. - did ECG, Chest and heart CT, echo, everything) so left it as unconfirmed mild perdicarditis. Bed rest for 2 days, light duties for 2 days, then back to work.

Keep on top of the remaining tests and TAKE IT EASY. Rest. Don't work if you can.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm a stay at home mom so unfortunately I don't get much of a break. But it's sounding like I probably shouldn't go to the gym; which I have. It didn't make me feel any worse and I figured I could feel crappy at home or crappy while at the gym. Yesterday my doc asked me if I felt worse when I exercised so I took that as a "yea u can do it". Hmmmm.