Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [_EH_] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yeah I'm running Boston. Mostly because I live in the area and it's there. I try to do lots of mileage in the winter regardless though.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [JoeO] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Running an early season Marathon: how does it effect your bike training? I guess Boston is early enough that you can catch up on your bike mileage in late April and May.
The problem I had the last couple of years is: my marathon is last week of May, so that really threw a wrench in my bike training. I felt like come tri season I was always trying to catch up on the bike training.

Ewan

-------------------------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Before last year, I never biked at all in the winter. I just ran. So the one day of cycling a week I did last winter was a huge improvement over nothing. As soon as Boston was over, I really cranked up the cycling. But even so, I played catchup all summer last year. It wasn't until July that I really rounded into good cycling shape.

This winter I'm aiming for 3 days a week. So it's should not be that hard to fit in the running. It's just the swimming that tends to suffer.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Glad that you did not mess with the rules with regard to treadmills as that would have made it more difficult for me when I am on the road. Going for 100. Think I was 96 last year and 117 the year before. As I plan on taking days off and at least one ski trip with no running I will do some doubles.

I like your comments about not starting off too fast. Always fun to watch people go out huge and then disappear in early January. Similar to watching people go out really hard on the bike in an IM ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [Chris G] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This will be my first shot at 100 in 100. Just curious to see if I will be ridiculed for 6 KM double runs to/fro work at 5 times per week (plus my longer run on the weekend). Is this acceptable to the ranks or am I just a fake already??! Looking forward to the replies.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [relic44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd say that if you really do 2x6k runs 5 days a week and then run longer every weekend you will be studly in my book
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This will be my first shot at 100 in 100. Just curious to see if I will be ridiculed for 6 KM double runs to/fro work at 5 times per week (plus my longer run on the weekend). Is this acceptable to the ranks or am I just a fake already??! Looking forward to the replies.

Slow your commutes down to just over 8:00/mile, and you'll be on pace for sure victory in the 150/100. Unfortunately, that doesn't start until April so you'll have to do it all over again :)

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [burnman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Let's see if I can get this 100 in 100 under my belt before thinking about the 150 in 100 ;-)

Thanks for the great replies already!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote:
Just curious to see if I will be ridiculed for 6 KM double runs to/fro work at 5 times per week (plus my longer run on the weekend). Is this acceptable to the ranks or am I just a fake already??!
that is exactly what I did last year and will do again this year, so no ridicule from me :-)
As the weather got better, I added a medium 17-20km run on Wednesdays.
Got an 8min PB on my marathon following that plan as well :-)
Ewan

Ewan

-------------------------

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Dev, kudos to you (and those you thank) for setting this up, very cool. Just what I need to get myself back in gear.

Happy Holidays everyone!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
fuck it...I'm in. No idea what to shoot for, but I have been running frequently 5-6 days per week, for the last 8 weeks. Had been building really really slow with lots of 15-20 minute runs and just stretched a long run out to a measly 45 minutes last night. I will be slow as shit for a long time, but I think I can sneak into Silver, it was already the plan anyway.

I think I will also plan to do the 100K/month swim challenge, 2500mi/month bike challenge and P90x (doubles) all at the same time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am out for the first week due to a litttle nagging left achilles. it should not be too serious expect to be running within the next week so I may adjust the goal slightly.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wonderful timing. My heroin dealer just got punked so this OCD exercise thing times out well.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [Trihumor] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Huey Lewis wrote a song about this a few years ago I think....
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [Mike C] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in. We'll see how many I make and actually log this year, last year I ran a lot more than I logged. It also ends two days before I need to be in Vegas for 4th degree testing, w00t!

John

Top notch coaching: Francois and Accelerate3 | Follow on Twitter: LifetimeAthlete |
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ok, I'll try this again. I managed 100/100 last year, even went 1 or 2 over I think. I seem to be able to do the frequency but I'm slow and didn't get a lot of mileage out of it. Frequency is not my ultimate goal, just a route to getting more distance and time as Dev suggests. If I fall short of a lot of speed or distance increases though, like last year, I'll settle for some decent frequency and count it a personal success. Luckily, the rules of this challenge also call that a success. :) I did get some PB results this past racing season and I'm sure last year's challenge helped. Thanks again Dev.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'll give it a shot. But only shooting for 70-80/100.
Last edited by: instigator: Dec 14, 09 15:15
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm in, got 7 miles planned for tomorrow morning. I have a busy week and weekend ahead with it being opening weekend for wrestling so I want to get some miles in in case life gets in the way later this week.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think that is some solid running. O' course if you do it in, say, 28 minutes a run, you only get to count 1. :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh baby, Joe and Ewan going at each other before the opening bell. This is gonna be brutal.

Is it tomorrow somewhere yet? Should I stay up till midnight and get#1 in? Nah, I'll get up early instead.

My only hope for fame is a blizzard with white-out conditions sometime in late January.

Have fun everybody. Be safe.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [jime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
There are a couple of folks with runs posted already. Bloody Aussies I bet. Dammit, looks like I'll have to run twice tomorrow.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
There are a couple of folks with runs posted already. Bloody Aussies I bet. Dammit, looks like I'll have to run twice tomorrow.

Not to worry. We in the west will get our revenge in late march when their 100th day ends and ours begins.

"The right to party is a battle we have fought, but we'll surrender and go Amish... NOT!" -Wayne Campbell
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
its 10:30 am here in asia the 15th LOL

"Pain is NOT temporary,you remember every bit of it"
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

On the money, mate.
It's hot here. I was sweating before I ran.
Quote Reply
Re: 100 runs 100 days Starting Dec 15th [jime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is like Ali and Foreman going at it (the heavyweights warming up before the rumble)!!!
Quote Reply

Prev Next