Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: anyone's s/o become a vegan??? [Madduck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
veggie sushi rocks -- avocado rolls ftw!

If she is serious about being vegan, most wine is NOT vegan since it's made with -- get this -- fish bladders.

http://www.barnivore.com/wine
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
what the hell do vegans eat with wine?!?!?
Saltines ?

Re: anyone's s/o become a vegan??? [bmanners] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
what the hell do vegans eat with wine?!?!?
Saltines ?

Nope. Saltines include yeast.

EDIT: Sorry, yeast IS vegan as it turns out. I just had a super crazy friend apparently.
Last edited by: hgrong: Dec 4, 09 5:12
Quote Reply
Re: anyone's s/o become a vegan??? [hgrong] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
can anyone give me the name of a quality saltine that goes with a nice pinon noir?

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
What's stopping YOU from enjoying all of the things you used to? I'm not sure why you have to share everything or can't eat it at all. I think it's sweet that you're bending over backwards to find places for her to eat in Texas (since you are the host), but everyday at home - why can't you eat that cheese with your wine?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

from a great blog, "what the hell does a vegan eat anyway?"
http://veganmenu.blogspot.com/
Quote Reply
Re: anyone's s/o become a vegan??? [squesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I sure hope that those are two of the very few (and very bad) vegan wines.
Quote Reply
Re: anyone's s/o become a vegan??? [lisac957] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i will eat the cheese at home. and drink milk and eat ice cream. oh, that reminds me, gotta go put the tub i got out for breakfast back, but it's more outside the house that i don't know how vegans make it? we won't be going to the pizza place she used to love to go to. it's thinking about the things we used to or had talked about splitting and sharing that has me kinda bummed. splitting a good appetizer before a salad type stuff.

but i just thought of this. perhaps it will be a money saver, not that many places to eat so eat at home more, i still buy what i want for the home and don't spend as much on dinner out. is this the silver lining here???

off for a nice, BIG cappuccino. thick, wet foam baby!

ΜΟΛΩΝ-ΛΑΒΕ
we're doomed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You're not married to her and have only been dating since June. So you have little obligation to continue with the relationship. And the vegan thing has only been going on for a week. I'd stick with it for a while longer to see how things work out. If after a little longer (you determine how long) it doesn't work out and impacts the relationship beyond what you deem acceptable, then bail. Sure, she'll bitch to her friends about how small minded you are, etc., but so what? Isn't that what dating is largely about -- an attempt to see whether two people are romantically compatable?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Some very nice meals on that blog! Of course, there are also raw veganists out there who say regular vegans aren't being strict enough with their diet . . . .
Last edited by: Bucky: Dec 4, 09 7:44
Quote Reply
Re: anyone's s/o become a vegan??? [Bucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Even more extreme than raw vegan are the low fat raw vegans. I have yet to figure this thing out. For a meal they will eat 10-12 bananas. It's called an 811 diet: 80% carb, 10 pro, 10 fat -- mostly if not entirely fruit. 10 bananas in a row? wtf? So there's always the "next level", I guess. Right now I am enjoying a "high raw" diet. But I would not go 100% raw for a number of reasons, a leading one is that then I really would be a pain in the ass.

Pizza is easy, btw. Hold the cheese, and ask for every veggie they've got. If it's a good pizza place where the crust and the sauce are excellent, this makes a fine meal. We have a place in Pittsburgh that sells both vegan (soy cheeze) and reggie pizza. You might have such a place in your area too?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Even more extreme than raw vegan are the low fat raw vegans. I have yet to figure this thing out. For a meal they will eat 10-12 bananas. It's called an 811 diet: 80% carb, 10 pro, 10 fat -- mostly if not entirely fruit. 10 bananas in a row? wtf? So there's always the "next level", I guess.

Yep - that buddy of mine went from a typical diet (everything) to healthy, veggie, vegan, raw vegan, and then low-fat raw vegan (WTF?). Seriously - when you think you're getting too much fat from nuts and avocados, there's something wrong. Of course there are still more extreme options. Fruitarians, breatharians, and dead guys - who don't eat at all and in fact give up their bodies to nature.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: anyone's s/o become a vegan??? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I read a book by a hindu mystic claiming you could survive on prana from the air if you meditated properly and achieved enlightenment.

Never attempted it myself, though. Sounded way too hard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I doubt I would even date a vegan. If my wife went vegan it may be an issue, but as long as she isn't preachy about it and still is willing to go to non vegan restaurants and event type things it would work.

My mani issue with vegans is they tend to want the world to go vegan and it can be annoying. Also I don't know how vegan = healthy. It can be healthy, but you have to plan your meals very carefully for it to be.

Styrrell

Styrrell
Quote Reply
Re: anyone's s/o become a vegan??? [Bucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I read a book by a hindu mystic claiming you could survive on prana from the air if you meditated properly and achieved enlightenment.

That's the basic concept behind the breathairian schtick (as I understand it - admittedly, I've done no real research). The thing for me though, is that I don't eat rack of lamb, brisket and pulled pork "to survive". I eat them because I enjoy eating them. If all I cared about was "surviving" I could get by on twinkies and cola. (Maybe not for long, but then again, look at much of North America) If all I cared about was optimum health, then I'd probably be pretty close to vegetarian, with some fish and maybe a little wild game. But vegetarian != healthy by default - no matter what one's diet, one still needs to be conscious of what is being eaten and how it impacts nutrition and overall health.

I eat food because I like food. :)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: anyone's s/o become a vegan??? [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm fat because I like beer :p
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Nabisco

In Reply To:
can anyone give me the name of a quality saltine that goes with a nice pinon noir?

Prev Next