Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
what the hell are they doing in the sauna?
Quote | Reply
Lately at my gym women are putting their dirty gym clothes in there while they shower and change...and their work clothes full of perfume, AND running shoes, AND today a pair of Uggs! there is NO where to lie down and plus it stinks like perfume and dirty shoes....WHY would anyone do this? is this not disgusting? I told guy at front desk and he didnt seem to care. I did say something and was called a bitch.
I dont get why do this? your clothes do not get dry, they just get hot. AND its gross. Or is it? Am I overreacting?
the boots? why the boots? it wasnt wet out even,,,dont get it! I THINK maybe they put work clothes in to get out wrinkles? but the sauna is to sit in, not a laundry room!
Last edited by: triLA: Dec 1, 09 19:52
Quote Reply
Re: what the hell are they doing in the sauna? [triLA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I walked in on a woman masturbating in the sauna at the gym I used to manage. I made my receptionists do the sauna checks from that day forward.

Quote | Reply
Was she hot?
What did you do?
What did she say?
Was she hot?
Quote Reply
Re: what the hell are they doing in the sauna? [Maui] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
No.
Walked in. Walked out.
Nothing (don't think she even noticed I came in).
Still no.

Quote | Reply
I'd make a written complaint to the gym manager citing health/cleanliness concerns.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
That is just bizarre! Ages ago when I taught swimming lessons at our local club, as teachers we would hang our towels in the sauna (and there was a towel rack in there) so that they were warm when we got out of teaching in the pool for 3 hours. But day clothes? I agree, send in a written/formal complaint. Weird aside, it's just gross and unclean.

Quote | Reply
In my gym, unattended clothing is immediately taken to the "Lost & Found" bin.

People without clothes = not good.

Clothes without people = also not good.

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
definitely weird, and nasty. the sauna at the rec centre i swim at is clearly posted "nothing except bathing attire allowed".

+1 on filing a formal complaint.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I've sent an email and also 2x spoke to desk staff....and still this morning, there it was, every bench full of clothes, and shoes in there too...
the offender was in the shower and janitor walked by, right outside shower...I said LOUDLY is there some rule about this? I cant use the sauna and also its gross to have dirty gym clothes and shoes in the sauna...she lowered her voice and pointed to shower and said---I think its her clothes. Um yeah I knew that and wanted her to hear that. I was changed and done and she was not out yet or maybe I would have said something directly, but I dont want to goto the gym every day and risk confrontation, thats not my job, I pay a lot of $$$ to go there and want to use all the facility.
If there isnt a sign or something by next week I will contact the head office. Its ridiculous. Not only is this so rude, what is she thinking???? its her laundry room?
I have no problem with hanging a bathing suit in there while showering but this is unreal.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
If it were me ... that pile would end up on the floor. Problem solved (for now), message sent.

"In case of flood climb to safety"
Quote Reply
Re: what the hell are they doing in the sauna? [bravo 2 hundred] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ha. I felt immature but I did that yesterday.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
There is no excuse for wearing Uggs. Anywhere. Ever. Even in the sauna.

Keep writing letters further up the food chain until you get the response you're looking for.
Quote Reply
Re: what the hell are they doing in the sauna? [banana] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Well again today same deal, every bench with clothes spread out, running shoes today, no Uggs.
The thing about Uggs is they are super comfy and I love mine, but I bought them a few years ago before I even knew anything about them...I was at an outdoor store and they were on sale for 50 bucks...end of season, this was before they were everywhere.... I thought, boots like this at this price? and got them, and I am so out of it that I hadnt even heard of them. Now I just wear them to walk the dogs.
But what is going on here-2 things....this person is so selfish and thinks nothing of doing this, but also the gym does not take complaints seriously. I am not sure if a health violation but its gross.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep taking the clothes out and putting them on a bench outside the sauna. Keep doing it. Keep complaining to the desk/staff. Don't stop. Don't ever give up the good fight. You can't let them win...

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You could get their attention by anonymously reporting them to the local health board.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: what the hell are they doing in the sauna? [D!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
[I walked in on a woman masturbating
I came in]

sorry could not resist.

Fred.
Quote Reply
Re: what the hell are they doing in the sauna? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Keep taking the clothes out and putting them on a bench outside the sauna.

I am confused (as usual). I asked my wife about this but she does not use the Sauna at our gym preferring instead to make our bathroom at home like a sauna each time she showers. So is the offender(s) first going in and sitting in the Sauna fully clothed before disrobing in then proceeding to take a shower?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Quote Reply
Re: what the hell are they doing in the sauna? [ms6073] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If I understand the OP correctly, a women goes and has a shower while leaving her clothes + shoes in the sauna, as if to warm them up/possibly dry them out?

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: what the hell are they doing in the sauna? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay maybe this is why guys have their own forum, but that pile of clothes ending up in the pool would probably send a message in a very passive aggressive sort of way.

If you are the more aggressive type, just tossing the stuff in the shower with her would work.

Less aggressive, just hide them.

But + whatever on the health issues - bacteria love warm and humid. I sure wouldn't want her foot funk ending up anywhere but on her feet.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Stating the obvious here...but why not simply go up to the lady and say "Are these your clothes? Could you please NOT put them in the sauna? It prevents others from using the limited space in the sauna for it's intended purpose." Not mean, not nasty, Just direct, respectful request not to do the offending behavior. That works a surprising amount of the time in situations like this.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Her clothes should not be left unattended, they should be kept in a secure locker.

Take a trash bag with you, collect up all the clothing and take it to lost and found. Continue doing this everytime she leaves her clothes.

Unattended clothing = Lost and found. Period.
Quote Reply
Re: what the hell are they doing in the sauna? [maria527] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
done and done
now there is a sign up saying dont leave street clothes/wet clothes/shoes in sauna
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
done and done
now there is a sign up saying dont leave street clothes/wet clothes/shoes in sauna

I've been waiting 2 weeks to see how this would be resolved. I think you should have waited in there until she came back and slammed this chick's head into the steaming rocks. Then pour bleach all over her and her clothes to kill the mold and fungus growing on them. Follow all of that up with one solid kick to the ribs and another to the back of the head. But I guess the sign worked just as well.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Awesome, of course now I have a visual of a person walking through the gym to the front desk shivering, wet hair, and wearing nothing but a towel and upon reaching the front desk loudly complaining how someone had stolen all her clothes from the Sauna, and how could something like this happen, and blah, blah, blah.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Last edited by: ms6073: Dec 17, 09 15:14
Quote Reply
Re: what the hell are they doing in the sauna? [BeeHunter] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Could also just set them on fire. Warm and dry, check!
Quote Reply

Prev Next