Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Need a haircut
Quote | Reply
I need a haircut. I want to go short. Not sure how short, but shorter than my current middle of the back straight cut. It's been forever since I had short hair, probably at least 13 years.

Anyone have any good pictures or links to some new styles.

My requirements are:

No styling necessary. Wash and go for most days. I don't own a hair dryer or anything like that. I would buy one, but don't want to use it more than once a week. I think I'd like to still be able to at least pull most of it out of my face when running, but a single barrette to hold it back would be okay.
Quote Reply
Re: Need a haircut [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i shave mine with a number two and fuggettaboutit.. :0

It's not about the bike, it's just along for the ride.
Quote Reply
Re: Need a haircut [roadhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'd do that, but I need something to keep my scalp from getting sunburned. I don't like hats. Just visors.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i'm a guy, you do know this, right? the guys have just gotten ,well, boring pretty much and so i thought i'd poke my head in here and see what you'd say. funny that you said that you might would do that though.

so in all seriousness, would you really shave your head? thought of it?

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
howsabout a mohawk? ;) that's always a winner and it's aero..

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yes, I'm aware you are a guy.

re: my post. I don't believe in using pink font.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
yes, I'm aware you are a guy.

re: my post. I don't believe in using pink font.

here, this is me from a few years ago with my hair grown out a slight bit from a number two shave. btw, i'm a bit bigger now but i still look as young although the gray hairs are everywhere now...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
aww crap, i'm such a goober! ;)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny... my mom told me last night that I better find a hairdresser and make an appointment asap. Oh and she would be paying. Apparently I've let it get a little too long (it's at my butt now). Merry Christmas to me!

Quote | Reply
I'm about 6 weeks overdue on a haircut. I was supposed to go on Friday but literally as I was headed to the appt my father-in-law, who was in visiting for Thanksgiving, fell and I had to take him to the ER. Next available hair appt isn't for another 2 weeks. I'm like shaggy the bear right now. (FIL ended up being fine)

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Re: Need a haircut [lilpups] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
6 WEEKS overdue? I'm about 6 YEARS overdue.

So Thanksgiving was even more crazy than you originally expected, huh? lol :P

Quote | Reply
I just cut mine short short last week, after being afraid to go too short for years, and I'm so happy I finally did it. I really like it, a great change. go to bing.com and search on short hair styles and you'll find a billion photos of great cuts.
Quote Reply
Re: Need a haircut [D!] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow, people cut their hair these days? last time mine saw a pair of scissors was before i was married, probably about 7.5 years ago now.. :p

good luck finding something you like, pirategirl!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
The style will really depend on your hair type. I'd go to a good salon and see what they had to say.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can't help you with the style, but donate the ponytail to one of 2 organizations:

Beautiful Lengths: Provide real hair wigs for WOMEN with cancer who lose their hair: http://pantene.com/...aRuJ4CFRifnAodnlcZZQ

or Locks of Love: Provides real hair wigs to CHILDREN under 21: http://www.locksoflove.org/

Beautiful Lengths only requires an 8 inch ponytail to donate, Locks of Love is a 10 inch ponytail. Neither organization takes bleached or grey hairs (just in case). Colored hair is ok though.

Have fun with the new cut. I just donated my 2nd pony to Beautiful Lengths about 2 months ago. It's so refreshing to get a new 'do!

Harry: "I expected the Rocky Mountains to be a little rockier than this."
Loyd: "I was thinking the same thing. That John Denver's full of shit, man."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Agree it depends on your hair. I think curly hair does better for the whole wash & go approach. I have super straight, flat hair and having it too short is actually more work b/c I *have* to blowdry & style it. For straight hair, I think a chin length bob is great.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As someone else said - the style that suits you will depend on your hair and your face. I second the recommendation to find a good hairdresser and get their advice. If you want to get people's attention go dramatically shorter - it's fun to the the reactions and it's only hair, it'll grow back if you want it longer.

Over the last year I gradually went from hair just above my shoulders to about an inch long. I'm loving the short hair! I have a lot of hair and it used to take a while to dry but now it's only a few minutes with the hairdryer, which is handy as I'm at the gym before work 2-4 days a week. You will likely need to use product but hair waxes and styling pastes are very easy to use.

The major downside to short hair is hats and hat hair - once I put on a hat I'm pretty much committed to wearing for the rest of the day. You'll also need to get it cut more often - which could be an issue if time and/or money are tight.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
it seems that some version of the inverted bob looks good on almost everyone: you can do it long-ish and wavy, short and choppy, bangs, no bangs, stacked up in the back, layered... it's all good and you can leave it long engough to pull back.

post pics once you get the chop
Quote Reply
Re: Need a haircut [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks, I'm considering a bob, but it's not always been maintenance free for me. I have a lot of hair, but it's fine, so the top never dries flat on its own, and it's not curly enough to be cute.

I'm aksing around for a good hair dresser, but everyone I know DOES their hair, and in my experience hair dressers are usually higher maintenance than I am, so they never really get, wash and go.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
you could bob it and perm it heh-heh....
Quote Reply
Re: Need a haircut [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
been there, done that. 18 years ago. There is a picture on my facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Take a look at my pics on Facebook. I have super short hair and love it. Mine used to be half way down my back but what a hassle!

I personally think you should go back to your cadet days. You had awesome hair!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Need a haircut [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It was NOT maintenance free. And that was in Colorado Springs. Dry air. Not Hawaii humidity.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
AquaNet can fix anything.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Need a haircut [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
AquaNet can fix anything.

i had a 14" mohawk for years and years and years and nothing beat aussie to keep it up. it was bulletproof.

Quote Reply

Prev Next