Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
<just putting this in the right thread...>

What did you order at In-N-Out Burger?

Did you order those bad boys "Protein Style" or with the regular bun?

Do you ever feel the need to defend yourself by yelling "No, I'm NOT [on] Atkins, bitch!"

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [thechromedome] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Awesome race, Jordan. For a bit there, I thought the motorcycle following you on the run was gonna take you or himself out with all those narrow paths to wind around.

I was just wondering what you put your Salt Stick tablets in for both the bike and the run, particularly the run. Grampa's old coin purse, your favorite Tic Tac case? Did it work/did it keep 'em dry?

Thanks!

I use a fuel belt vial (it's basically just a pop-top container, same as what the M&M minis come in). You can also use an old Airborne (or similar) style container. There are lots of things that come in those little tubes right now. Yes, it keeps them dry. Tic-Tac case is too small of an opening.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [Ex-cyclist] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
This is a position question:

Your old position profiled on the front page of slowtwitch a few years ago had you at 0 set back and your profile shows -3 with a higher bar position. The seat height I get given the switch to 172.5's but why back and up? More power or puts you in a better position when you slide forward?

Thanks

It's actually the same. 3mm behind the BB is not very much, and I think it's just that I probably rounded or was (gasp) less precise in my measuring.

I have raised my bars since a while ago. I raised them 8mm, but then went to shorter cranks, and raised my seat (without raising my bars), so it should now be 5mm higher than it was.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [austin79] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm late to the party. Congrats!

What supplements do you take besides the multi vitamin and shakes (and salt tabs)?

Fish oil (Nordic Naturals, which is bottled, not capsules)
I also eat yogurt every day, but if I am traveling, I will often take probiotics instead of eating yogurt. So I would say I take in some form of active cultures every day.

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [swaco] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
how often sick this yr and what types...

Three times. All just head colds. Once at the very beginning of the year after a lot of travel. Once after Wildflower (and a lot of travel). And once two weeks out from Ironman Canada, the day after I finished my last hard training session (of course). Lasted about 3-5days before I was 100%.

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [moulli] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
If you move to shorter cranks you need to move you seat up and back to maintain the same pedal position (at the bottom of your stroke and in the 3 position).

On my road bike, I did find this to be the case. I did it on my tribike, but I actually did not like it. I think it's important relative to where you apply peak power, which is later in the pedal stroke on a tribike. That being said, I may just sit 3mm further back on the saddle, which is hard to notice. One change I did make this year was going from having my tri saddle pitched down 0.5deg to having it pitched up 0.1deg, which would likely shift me back. I just felt like it put less weight up front and made me more stable. Downward tilted saddles are really a bad idea, IMO. I used to think a little bit was okay, but now I don't think ANY downward pitch is good.

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Are you trying 170 or 165 this winter?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [aerobike] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Mazel Tov on yet another victory. A few questions for you:

1. Realizing your training changes throughout the year depending what you have done before and what period you are in, about how many miles and hours do you bike a week?

2. What does your taper look like? How many weeks do you taper? What percentage drop off do you for each sport 3 weeks out, 2 weeks out, 1 week out, etc. More intensity during taper or same intensity (race pace, faster, slower)?

3. You are looking very clean in your race photos. Shave or wax?

1. 200ish

2. For IMAZ, 10 days (but it's different for every race, depending on the training before, how I feel, etc.). A LOT depends on how I feel. Similar training, just shorter. It's not a definitive percentage (at least not as far as I can tell). My coach writes the taper schedule, and I follow it, though we will make more adjustments based of how I feel than during regular training time.

3. Shave

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [albertboyce] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Jordan,

Congrat's and thanks for taking the time to offer such detailed answers.

1. Did you wear the garmin the whole race? Have you had any waterproof issues or signal issues in training or race? I love my polar but am looking for a watch that has an idiot proof pace window for racing.

2. Thanks for the bacon research. I'll quit dissing it.

Albert

1. Just on the run, so no experience with testing the waterproofness. Never swam with it.

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [Khai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
<just putting this in the right thread...>

What did you order at In-N-Out Burger?

Did you order those bad boys "Protein Style" or with the regular bun?

Do you ever feel the need to defend yourself by yelling "No, I'm NOT [on] Atkins, bitch!"

With a bun (even though I know it's bad for me). When I make burgers during normal training time for Jill and I, we eat them Protein-style.

Occasionally, except I rarely eat butter slathered steaks without any sides, which were (are?) a staple of Atkins. ;)

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Are you trying 170 or 165 this winter?

I don't think so. I really never feel like I bind over the top of the stroke now.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Oh gotcha.. I looked at the measurements in your profile as -3 CM! I was curious why such a huge jump. But now it makes perfect sense. Thanks. Also let me know about those SRM arms... ;)

Heath Dotson
HD Coaching:Website |Twitter: 140 Characters or Less|Facebook:Follow us on Facebook
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Can you please talk to me about sunglasses. I remember u wrote an article saying the Jawbone's were best glasses u ever tried. BUt u seemed to be wearing Flak JAckets? Can you please discuss what you wore? And why?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How awesome was the swim course this year?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [gigs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Can you please talk to me about sunglasses. I remember u wrote an article saying the Jawbone's were best glasses u ever tried. BUt u seemed to be wearing Flak JAckets? Can you please discuss what you wore? And why?

I wear the Jawbones on the bike. They lower part of the hinge impairs my view of my watch if I run in them, so I switch to the FlakJackets for the run.

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [Bucky] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
How awesome was the swim course this year?

They claimed it was flat, but I swear it felt uphill on the way back...

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How often and when, do you use compression stuff (either NormaTec or tights/socks).

Do you do any running in your Vibrams?

Portside Athletics Blog
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [SwBkRn44] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
How often and when, do you use compression stuff (either NormaTec or tights/socks).

Do you do any running in your Vibrams?

I don't wear the compression socks much since I got the NormaTec. I wear them when I travel. And after racing. And if I drive to do my long run, I wear them after that. My typical usage of the NormaTec depends on training. If I run in the morning, then I will use it after running before swimming or cycling. Or if I have a bike before my run (but not a run off the bike) then I will use it between those workouts. When I do it during the day, I use it for 30min. Sometimes, if it is just a long brick day, then I won't use it during the day. I use it (almost) every night for 45min-60min after dinner. Same pressure protocol regardless.

I don't run in the five fingers at all in season. I want to get a pair of the new lace-up ones with the heavier duty sole. I think I'd run in those more regularly.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I remember in a previous thread you talked about wearing a padded swim brief under your Kiwami amphibian suit. Do you still do that? If so what padded swim brief do you use and where do you get them? I have looked all over and cannot find one.

Thanks for your time.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Jordan,

Congrats on the win! I've been a big fan since seeing you crush at Penticton!

After reading your last Ask me anything thread, I've been playing around with my diet a bit. What Rice bread do you use? All I can seem to find is frozen stuff around here, and I'm not sure if it's badly freezer burned or what, but it is almost inedible. It's so dry and heavy, about half a sandwich is all I can stomach (and I'll eat just about anything!). Have I just got bad rice bread, or is it all like this?

Cheers,
Mike
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [mike_the_man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

("The rice bread I tried was almost inedible...")

After reading this thread, I decided to give rice bread a try. The (non-frozen) rice bread I found was... vile. It was so bad I couldn't even choke down an almond butter & grape jelly sandwich, which is perhaps the best food in the world if done with good (wheat) bread. I tried toasting it... no help. Then I tried microwaving it to make it a bit more moist... also no help.

It's been a long time since I've been so unimpressed by a food.

-

-Mark Rebuck, http://www.markrebuck.com/
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [MarkRebuck] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Obviously Jordan is much more of a BAMF than we are! :)
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [mike_the_man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
x3
Hope there is a better brand than I found.

Made my teeth squeak.
Consistency of old, really old, bendable styrofoam. And twice as un-tasty.

The Ride of Truth - OWN your ride.
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [enderjs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I remember in a previous thread you talked about wearing a padded swim brief under your Kiwami amphibian suit. Do you still do that? If so what padded swim brief do you use and where do you get them? I have looked all over and cannot find one.

Thanks for your time.

Yes, I do. It's an old, old, old Orca one. BUT, I have been testing a new Kiwami prototype one that should be released "soon."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Hi Jordan,

Congrats on the win! I've been a big fan since seeing you crush at Penticton!

After reading your last Ask me anything thread, I've been playing around with my diet a bit. What Rice bread do you use? All I can seem to find is frozen stuff around here, and I'm not sure if it's badly freezer burned or what, but it is almost inedible. It's so dry and heavy, about half a sandwich is all I can stomach (and I'll eat just about anything!). Have I just got bad rice bread, or is it all like this?

Cheers,
Mike

There is none that is really super delicious. The best tasting stuff, I think, is the Glutino Cinnamon-Raisin. Glutino breads use some tapioca starch, but are still gluten free. They tend to be ligher than the only-rice breads. I personally eat the Food For Life brown rice bread most of the time, which I think is fairly good. You MUST use a toaster. And toast it quite a bit. The warmer it is, the softer and lighter it is. But it's never going to replace really good wheat flour bread. But toasting it and eating it warm is the way to go. Depending on what sort of sandwich you are making, it's also good to use something to further moisten the bread - which is why I think almond butter sandwiches are good. But for cold cuts or something like that, use an olive oil or similar to make the bread softer.

Quote Reply

Prev Next