Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread
Quote | Reply
Got lots of great questions after IMC, and I hope you enjoyed the answers. Fire away...

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What sort of shampoo did you use in the days leading up to IMAZ???

-what is your run volume and frequency leading up to a big race?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [Rappstar] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Will you post a pic of your zip tied cage on your vukas? i have a client with vukas and I can't get the damn cage to not move around.
It makes me more nervous about a bottle flying out then her but still.

If you want you can just email it to me.

Congrats again.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Do you ever get tired of talking about yourself?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you take your Kona slot and will we see you in Kona in 2010?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
can you give me an idea about how you structure your weekly cycling? also, when you do your longer rides, do you do longer easyish rides or do you focus on watts and make the long rides harder?

might sound lie a dumb question, but I am curious to this knowing you use power and after reading about eneki llanos riding easy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
x2 on the Kona Slot and will you win?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi Jordan. Congrats on a great race.

Can you tell me a little about how you went about improving your run? What was your main focus? What types of run specific workouts do you do? How long, how many times/wk, longest run? When you do a brick, how long do you typically run and do you run at race pace or other? Do you ever do any run-emphasized bricks?

Thanks.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
mikew
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats Rappstar! I became a huge fan after IMC...

Question:How did you get enough BACON on the ride?

Seriously though: With your recent transition to the new bike, how much time had you been riding it before IMAZ?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Jordan,

Congrats on the win(s) and a great season!

I read somewhere that you do quite a bit of training on a road bike. Do you use the same shoe/cleat(position) setup for riding road and TT?

thanks and have great wedding!

--

---
Jaakko Hiekkaranta
http://www.thelionbeach.wordpress.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A follow-on question to Jaako's: Is there a pattern to when you ride a road bike vs TT? Certain kind of workouts, proximity to races, etc? And what are the benefits of going with the road bike so much versus the specificity of the TT bike? Maybe you've covered this in other threads and I missed it.

Congrats on a great race and great season!

-------
Joe

Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [Joe C.] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
SPECIALIZED V.S FELT. WHICH IS BETTER AND DON'T YOU DARE SAY FELT! PRO'S AND CONS OF EACH PLEASE!!!

It's not about the bike, it's just along for the ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
how good were those Double Doubles after the race??

serious question: How did you come up with your electrolyte replacement strategy? Trial and error or have you had testing done to calculate your sweat rate and electrolyte loss during training and races?

my twitter feed
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Love these threads. Thanks for doing this!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Have you considered putting Roth or Frankfurt on your schedule next season? Would love to see how fast you could ride on those silky smooth roads of Deutschland.

Also, are you planning to return to tempe next year or would that depend on whether you decide to race in kona? Would you consider returning even if you do kona? If you do, what are the chances of you sporting a big ole mo on race day?

I heard a rumor PNF is racing az next year...Did you hear any confirmation of this in while Tempe?

-----------------------------------------------
www.true-motion.com Triathlete Casual Wear since 2007
(Twitter/FB)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you make it to the Ethiopian restaurant race night?

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [Herbert] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Forget about the Kona slot.....I want to know if the two people running Roth and Frankfurt have called your cell phone yet to participate in their respective sub 8 hour drag races?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [devashish_paul] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Where there any injuries or illnesses you have to overcome between IMC and IMAZ?

How many times has Craig Alexander called telling you, 'Too bad you have to skip Konar to defend your IMAZ title.' (not sure but I swear all aussie prounounce it Ko-nar)
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [roadhouse] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
SPECIALIZED V.S FELT. WHICH IS BETTER AND DON'T YOU DARE SAY FELT! PRO'S AND CONS OF EACH PLEASE!!!

<headstand on couch> "Mork calling Orson, come in Orson.."

why say ask you anything and then you run away? that's not cool.

It's not about the bike, it's just along for the ride.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
How did you attach the salt sticks to your aerobars?
What bottle cage did you use on your aerobars and would you go without a cage?
What liquids do you have in the aero bottle?
How do you keep the gels from falling off your aerobars...they don't look like they are attached to anything.
How do you carry your salt stick tablets on the run?
Would you simply halve your nutrition for a 70.3?
Did you race TJ at all or just maintain a power number?
Do you have an agent?
Are you happy with the Transition and are you thinking to move to the Shiv?
Why did you use the ghetto plastic bags to hold your gear on the bike rather than using a nylong bag (because I'm sure you'd have gotten the bag for free anyway.)
What did you eat for breakfast, lunch and dinner the day prior to the race?

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And thanks for answering questions!
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [:D] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Congratulations on a great race and a race plan very well executed!

What shoes did you wear for the marathon? And why?

Cheers

"I swim because that's how I get to ride my bike."

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
As an EFS Grape lover I am wondering what you can say about the "prototype" stuff you were using at IMAZ was and if it'll be coming to market for 2010.

And, you know, big ups, crazy props, and a big HELL YEAH to you.

Bob
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Couple of questions: heard from a few that they would use more cushioning in thier running shoes because of the concrete on the run, did you use racing flats with insoles? Compared to IMC did you focus staying in the aero position for extended periods in training?
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [IRONwolf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
What sort of shampoo did you use in the days leading up to IMAZ???

-what is your run volume and frequency leading up to a big race?

Sorry for the delay. I ended up having to do more wedding planning stuff with Jill. Back on task now...

I used Trader Joe's citrus shampoo.

Depends on the week. And it depends on where I am in the training cycle. I.e., my run training in the weeks between Canada and Arizona was different than before Canada. I let my coach dictate most of it. Generally, a typical run week is about 50miles and about 6 runs per week. I won't get too much more specific than that, since it's my coach - not me - who makes those decisions.

"Non est ad astra mollis e terris via." - Seneca | rappstar.com | FB - Rappstar Racing | IG - @jordanrapp
Quote Reply
Re: The Official Ask Me Any Questions About IMAZ Thread [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Will you post a pic of your zip tied cage on your vukas? i have a client with vukas and I can't get the damn cage to not move around.
It makes me more nervous about a bottle flying out then her but still.

If you want you can just email it to me.

Congrats again.

This is an old one. I actually double up the ones up front now because I've had one of them snap before. So 6 total.

Quote Reply

Prev Next